Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My attempt at decorating & my helpers!

krdahmer
December 15th, 2007, 11:52 AM
Here are some of the Wegman's wire tree... I like how it turned out and if they discount them after xmas, I might go get two more for outside!

krdahmer
December 15th, 2007, 11:53 AM
And some of my helpers...

krdahmer
December 15th, 2007, 11:54 AM
Windy really likes the tree...

joeysmama
December 15th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Helpers ?? They look more like supervisors to me. :laughing:

But they're very cute so they're excused for not doing more work !!;)

Dracko
December 15th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Pretty tree. I really do like it. A good way to avoid the "cat climbing the Xmas tree" too. At least I don't think mine would attempt to climb one like that. :pray:

luckypenny
December 15th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Your tree is so pretty (and kitties too)! It reminds me of an antique feather tree. Very original.

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 03:20 PM
I've never seen a tree like that before.....does it come with all the lights attached? :o It looks very pretty and I especially love your kitties under it. :lovestruck:

chico2
December 15th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Awww,Windy is soo pretty,he'she thinks that contraption is just for him/her:laughing:
It is a really nice little tree:thumbs up

SARAH
December 15th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Absolutely, the tree is original and if you're having a fake one anyway, it might as well look it, right? Mine's a fake trying to pass itself off as a real one ... not a 100% success :) but the cats don't try to climb it at least.

And the cats ... beautiful! Of course they supervise, that's what a cat does best - along with mischief, sleeping and eating :D

krdahmer
December 15th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Aw thanks...Ya the tree came all ready to go, lights are already attached and it is indoor/outdoor, a person down the street has theirs outside. I've always wanted a big white tree, so this is like my starter one till I have a larger space to set it up in... I had to put a chair in the basement to make an area for this one. It was 24.99 at Wegmans in NF NY. If they discount them a bit I really want at least two more... next year I want to get my big white tree, then all of these smaller ones can go outside.

Ya the kitties were mostly supervisors... and ornament inspectors!!:frustrated: :laughing:

Although I did have a very exciting morning the other day at 5:40AM... I heard one of the styrofoam flakes ripped of the tree and when I got outta bed seconds later, Fagan had eaten a piece and tried to run off with the rest... so those are now at the top, out of reach. The branches are all just wire and not very sturdy at all, so the cats wouldn't get far climbing. I just have to worry about what they can reach from standing on their hind legs.

Oh and Chico... Windy is a SHE... my gray tabbies and torti are girls and the tuxedos and well Fagan (orange tabby) of course are the men of the house.

breeze
December 15th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I love thoses trees.. it reminds me of the ones outside just after the snow has fallen or freezing rain.. it is sooo peaceful ..

I love your helpers :cloud9:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 06:58 PM
Helpers ?? They look more like supervisors to me. :laughing:

:laughing: and they're doing a pretty good job ! :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 10:13 PM
A Christmas tree is not complete without some fur kids lying under it! :thumbs up Very cute--tree and kitties! :D

jiorji
December 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM
cute tree but i'd keep an eye out for that tabby with the fluffy tail. That's one mischevious look there!!:laughing::evil:

growler~GateKeeper
December 16th, 2007, 01:07 AM
cute tree but i'd keep an eye out for that tabby with the fluffy tail. That's one mischevious look there!!:laughing::evil:

exactly :highfive: :laughing:

TeriM
December 16th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Very cool tree :thumbs up and I love your "helpers" :cloud9:.

krdahmer
December 16th, 2007, 10:14 AM
LOL... it's not her I am worried about, she is very obvious about playing with the tree... it's those sneakers Asker and Fagan who do it while I'm sleeping that worry me!!!:rolleyes::laughing:

That's why you may have noticed... all the bottom branches have silver bells on them! My own kitty tree alarm system!:laughing: