Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello

Pax
December 14th, 2007, 10:55 AM
Hi everybody! I just found this forum, and boy am I excited! I have two boys - an eight-year-old husky mix named Taz, and a seven-year-old cat named Dobby.

I'm hoping to do some fostering in a few years when my two-legged babies (I have two small children, and one not-so-small) are a bit older, so I'm thrilled to have found a forum with so many members actively involved in rescue. I'm looking forward to learning a lot here :thumbs up.

breeze
December 14th, 2007, 11:05 AM
welcome to the forum!!:thumbs up there is alot of information here and very informative people.. hope you enjoy your stay..:)

would love to see pictures of your fur family, when you have time of course :D

hazelrunpack
December 14th, 2007, 04:28 PM
Hi, Pax, and welcome!

You'll find lots of fostering advice here...though none from me. :o I'm a foster failure...I adopt :D That's how I ended up with 8 dogs! :laughing:

And yes, we'll definitely need to see pictures of your furbabies. :D We're sort of demanding that way...but no pressure, no pressure... :o

SARAH
December 14th, 2007, 05:50 PM
Hi, Pax, and welcome!

We're sort of demanding that way...but no pressure, no pressure... :o

Wadda ya mean no pressure :wall: on the contrary, pressure, pressure ! ! !

Heheh, welcome Pax. YOU'll find we get a little crazy around here :laughing: but the serious advise in case of need, is always good :thumbs up

Pax
December 14th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Thanks for the welcome :).

Hm. I'm trying to post pictures, but having some trouble. They don't seem to be showing up. I'll try a different image hosting site and try again.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=821ct3d&s=1

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=6ue3qxu&s=1

Pax
December 14th, 2007, 07:17 PM
Well, I was trying to postt an attachment, not a link, but I guess that will have to do.:laughing:

Frenchy
December 14th, 2007, 07:39 PM
Welcome to pets.ca Pax , love the pictures , both of them have lovely blue eyes :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
December 14th, 2007, 07:51 PM
Taz and Dobby are beautiful! :lovestruck: I love their blue eyes, too. :D

So is Dobby a Harry Potter fan?

Pax
December 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM
So is Dobby a Harry Potter fan?

Well, he thinks an open book is a lovely place to sleep, so maybe :laughing:.

It's actually my son and I who are the fans, of course. We were reading the book (the third? I can't remember now) when we gt him. My son and his friends found him as a kitten, hiding under a car at his school, all skin and bones and eyes and ears... he was simply pitiful. The book kept making reference to Dobby's 'tennis ball eyes' and pathetic, frightened demeanour... it just seemed to fit. And like his namesake, he's grown up to be quite the proud gentleman :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
December 14th, 2007, 10:12 PM
:laughing: I guess I've been found face down in a book now and then, too! :D

Dobby certainly has come a long way! There's nothing pitiful about him anymore. You did a great thing for him, taking him in. :thumbs up