Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy Food

koni
June 3rd, 2004, 06:04 PM
Hi. I have recently switched my puppy to Nutro Natural Choice Large Breed Puppy after discovering what kind of by-products are in the other types of dog food. Is this Nutro brand good? Also at what point do puppies stop eating canned mixed with dry food?
BTW, I am a first time puppy owner, so trying to learn as much as possible. thanks in advance. :D

heidiho
June 3rd, 2004, 06:19 PM
I dont know much,but when i got on here my dog was eating science diet ,i was told that is not good,everyone here recommended nutro natural selection,so that is what my dog was eating,yes i heard it is good food........

mona_b
June 3rd, 2004, 07:57 PM
Well my boys are semi-senior....LOL....They are on Eagle Pack Holistic.

Yes Nutro is a good food.

As for the can/dry mix,well with me I didn't mix the 2.Not saying that mixing the 2 is wrong.... :D ...I got my 2 GSD's at three months.They were fed 3xs a day.Small can in the morning,dry in the aft,and small can in the evening.They are both 8 now.

Goldenmom
June 3rd, 2004, 08:10 PM
I have fed both my Golden girls Nutro since puppies. I am going to start feeding my 12-yr old Foster Lab, the senior Nutro. I have had no problems whatsoever and their coats are beautiful!

Heather