Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Who say's you can't teach a cat tricks:D

happycats
December 13th, 2007, 06:46 PM
Check out this amazing and beautiful cat!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwvSZX6sIC4

dmc123
December 13th, 2007, 06:52 PM
amazing! thanks for posting this!

Back in the 80's when I only had one dog, I trained him to do stuff like that, he was smart. Never tried with a cat. Now I have to many to try! :)

Diane

Janie123
December 13th, 2007, 10:55 PM
My cats know how to eat and drink. Does that count? lol That was an amazing tape.:thumbs up

happycats
December 14th, 2007, 12:26 PM
My cats know how to eat and drink. Does that count? lol That was an amazing tape.:thumbs up

LOL, mine too! and they know how to use the litter box too:D most of the time:rolleyes::o

rjesak
December 14th, 2007, 12:29 PM
My cats play dead really well (except when they start snoring anyway).

My friend's cat has learned how to open doors, and flush the toilet. He loves to put hairbands in the bowl and then flush so he can watch them swirl around until the toilet plugs up. She has to keep the lids closed 24/7 or he'll just keep dropping things in and flushing.

phoozles
December 14th, 2007, 12:40 PM
I love how slowly that cat did her tricks - as if she was ashamed that it had come to that.. :laughing:

I've taught Jake how to sit - and without treats - just praise, but of course, he'll only do it when he wants to. I started to teach him how to shake a paw, but I ended up actually having stuff to do, so it didn't happen. :)

happycats
December 14th, 2007, 01:43 PM
My Lucky:rip: did tricks or should I say pranks, not for food though, just "because":rolleyes:
He opened cupboards, and cleared them of all contents, he opened the fridge and helped himself, he answered the phone (but never said hello:shrug:)
he turned lights off and on.

chico2
December 14th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Of course you can teach a cat tricks,my Rocky gives a paw for treats,talks all the time:laughing:
They are all 3 very obedient,Vinnie will sit and look at his food until I tell him it's ok,I don't know where he got that from,I would never teach him that.:confused:
You just have to give cats a lot of attention and treat him in the same ways you would a dog,you'd be amazed how smart they are..now there are dummies in both dogs/cats,just like with people,who cannot learn anything:laughing:

scuba0095
December 14th, 2007, 11:47 PM
thats so cute

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 12:58 AM
You just have to give cats a lot of attention and treat him in the same ways you would a dog,you'd be amazed how smart they are..now there are dummies in both dogs/cats,just like with people,who cannot learn anything:laughing:

That is so true. :thumbs up :D