Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat Bording/Cattry in MTL

duttypaws
December 13th, 2007, 02:56 PM
Hi, I've just moved to Montreal from the UK and im missing my cats so im starting to look into adopting a kitty!!

thing is... im more worried where I can put him if I go back to the UK for a couple of weeks, is there and good bording/catteries in the MTL area?!

any info would be great (im looking into this in advance!)

p.s. sorry if its in the wrong forum! :frustrated:

CearaQC
December 13th, 2007, 03:05 PM
:D

Lots of no-kill places to get a kitty in Montreal. That's where I got Linx back in 2000.

What happened to your moggies back in the UK?

duttypaws
December 13th, 2007, 03:09 PM
They are with my parents... i got 2 moggies who were the only girls in an apartment where there were 12 cats.... so we dont know what they went through. Ive never been without animals my whole life so feeling a bit lost..I have spotted 2 sisters..... on the forum below.. but I have to wait till I know im staying much more long term.... (hopefully march/april)

I found http://www.reseausecoursanimal.org/ to go look at a cat but im more worried where I can put them if im going back to the UK... or away for the weekends.... dont have my auntie here to nip over the street to feed them!

Is there such a thing as a cat hotel thing here?

poodletalk
December 13th, 2007, 03:26 PM
It all depends what part of Montreal you live in. I know of someone who's bonded pet sitter and they go to your home every day to take care of your pets. (it's in the Southshore though, St.Lambert; Greenfield Park; Brossard etc)

I also know someone else who will go to your home, but he works in the area of Verdun and Nun's Island.

There's also some other petservices that I know of in the heart of town.

Let me know what area you live in and I will give you the info.

14+kitties
December 13th, 2007, 03:28 PM
Hi duttypaws :)
Welcome to Canada and to Pets.ca!!! :cloud9: I am sure you will love both.
I think when you refer to a kitty hotel you are talking about a boarding kennel? It's where you can leave your kitties for a fee while you go on holiday. There are also day care while you are at work. I am sure Montreal must have something like that.
Good luck on your search for both the kitties and the kennels. :)

duttypaws
December 13th, 2007, 03:32 PM
yeah there must be.... id rather keep them at home to be honest as Ive seen my rescue cats at home get really upset even seeing a kitty box appear... :yuck:

So... only would go into bording if i was away for more than a few days...

Im in the very French area (so im told) just of sherbrook (joliette/prefontain metros) it will all be happening after Feb time (once i become more permanent!!! )

duttypaws
December 13th, 2007, 03:37 PM
These are my cats back home :) We think they are mother and daughter or sisters... we're not sure they were rescued by us about 6 years ago now.

Buffy

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/adz595/P1010002.jpg

Zena

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b369/adz595/d394e22c.jpg

phoozles
December 13th, 2007, 04:29 PM
Beautiful kitties at home :lovestruck: !

I'm not in Montreal, but I'm sure that they have a lot of places where you can make arrangements - good luck!