Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feliway,pheremon

chico2
December 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
I don't remember if it was either Badger or Dahmer that asked about Feliway and if it works.
I've had it plugged in now for almost 2 weeks and I actually see a great improvement in Rockys spraying.
I only bought one,since it's pricey,but I will be getting one for another room eventually,I think it's working!!

sugarcatmom
December 12th, 2007, 06:48 PM
Woohoo, that's awesome!

want4rain
December 12th, 2007, 08:54 PM
how long does the diffuser work??

-ash

sugarcatmom
December 12th, 2007, 10:43 PM
how long does the diffuser work??

-ash

About a month. They do say to replace the refill every 4 weeks, even if there's some left (could be an efficacy thing? or an attempt to sell more, I don't know).

rainbow
December 13th, 2007, 02:31 AM
What happens if you have both cats and dogs? Does Feliway affect dogs at all? I know they make dog pheromones too but would they affect cats in any way?

sugarcatmom
December 13th, 2007, 06:55 AM
What happens if you have both cats and dogs? Does Feliway affect dogs at all? I know they make dog pheromones too but would they affect cats in any way?

Nope, dogs and cats won't pay any attention to each others pheromones, they're quite specific to the species.

chico2
December 13th, 2007, 07:05 AM
I hope I am not jumping the gun,I was a little leary about saying anything because I don't really believe in miracles from any commercial products.
However I see a real improvment in Rocky,I don't say 100%,but instead of spraying 10 times/day:yell:,it's down to maybe one time.:thumbs up
Once I have another one,I am hoping it might even stop all together:fingerscr
I've had to keep the cats out of my livingroom which has a lot of carpeting and I hate to have to keep them out of anywhere.
I don't know about dogs or how it affects them:confused: