Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mice with no fear of cats

badger
December 12th, 2007, 11:53 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/japan/story/0,,2226236,00.html

Love4himies
December 12th, 2007, 11:59 AM
The mice that invaded my trailer last summer must have been genetically altered too because they showed no fear of my cats' scent which is all over that trailer! Their toys and brushes we purchased to keep in the trailer were in there along with their fur that could not be vacuumed up in the carpet and couch, but the mice still chose to breed and make such a mess in there :evil:!!

Frenchy
December 12th, 2007, 12:14 PM
I didn't read the article but why the heck would they do that ? :confused: Couldn't they creat mice that don't come into our house instead ? :yell:

Jim Hall
December 12th, 2007, 02:15 PM
well thats in the running for dumbest :censored::censored:
idea of the year

phoozles
December 12th, 2007, 04:19 PM
Not sure why they would want remove an animal's fear of their natural enemy. As much as people don't like mice, it seems cruel to me.

Cochroaches and bugs on the other hand.. :yuck:

chico2
December 12th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I think these scientists should concentrate on finding a cure for cancer instead:yell:
That cat looks terrified,he,like the mice are probably being used in experiments at the lab:yell:

Frenchy
December 12th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I think these scientists should concentrate on finding a cure for cancer instead:yell:

Ditto Chico2 !

CearaQC
December 13th, 2007, 06:59 AM
Dumbest idea I ever heard. What a waste of time and money.

Cancer not likely to be cured. They are too addicted to the profit of the health care industry.

Love4himies
December 13th, 2007, 07:29 AM
They are probably doing research on the brain area that controls fear, as you know there are many humans that have extreme phobias that control their lives and this research may lead to a cure for that:shrug: