Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My New Puppy!

Hope33
June 3rd, 2004, 10:57 AM
Hello! I'm new here. My name is Hope and I am the proud owner of a 8 month old Black Standard Poodle named Stella. My husband surprised me at Christmas. We had another Standard before her who suddenly at 7 months old got sick, she started frothing at the mouth, nose and eyes running and couldn't stand anymore. After spending 2 days at the vet and having every test done imaginable I decided to let let go and put her to sleep. Even though we have to school aged girls and my husband in the Canadian Military I was incredibly lonely. Stella was 3 months old when we got her, she was VERY timid and thin! She now weighs 49 lbs and is so smart, house breaking was a snap and she knows all of her commands. (I was too lazy to go to obedience traing) LOL! I am soooo grateful for Stella Her temperment is actually better than the Standard Poodle I had before!

mona_b
June 3rd, 2004, 11:05 AM
Congratulations. :D

I'm so sorry to hear about your other one.... :(

I don't mind Standard Poodles.As long as they don't have the poofy hair cut....LOL.

Any pics of Stella?

With that name I am thinking of the Rocky movies...LMAO

cutelittlemako
June 3rd, 2004, 11:09 AM
Who was Stella in the Rocky movies?

cutelittlemako
June 3rd, 2004, 11:10 AM
It reminds me of "A streetcar named desire"...

Hope33
June 3rd, 2004, 11:11 AM
Hi, No poofy hair here! LOL. I tried to cut it myself the other day. Let's just say I'll be walking her at night for the next few weeks !LOL She's good, she sat patiently for 4 hours through the bathing, blowing drying, combing and cutting. She's got patience I'll give her that! lol

mona_b
June 3rd, 2004, 11:25 AM
Stella became Rocky's wife........... :D

Walking her in the night.LMAO.That's funny.

Are you using clippers on her?

cutelittlemako
June 3rd, 2004, 11:26 AM
You're thinking of Adrian.
Aaaaaadriannnnnnnnnnnn....

LavenderRott
June 3rd, 2004, 11:28 AM
Rocky married Adrian. At least in the Rocky movies I am thinking of.

mona_b
June 3rd, 2004, 11:35 AM
Oh shoot,your right........LOL

Sorry,me thinks me is having a blonde moment..... :p