Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Lament of the Hazel Run Mama

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 09:12 PM
The Lament of the Hazel Run Mama

I have to vacuum quite a bit of floor.
I have to vacuum behind the door.
There are hairballs floating over the floor!
I have to vacuum a little bit moreÖ

There are hairballs carpeting the hall.
The floor looks soft, and if you fall
You might think the floor would be softer than some
But when you hit it, itís hard lin-o-le-um :D
Covered with hairÖ

I have to vacuum up a little bit of hair.
I have to vacuum everywhere.
Thereís hair over here and more over there.
I have to vacuum up a little more hair.

Fur balls live high, fur balls live low,
On top of the fridge and under the stove.
They cling to the carpet, they roll down the halls.
If you look closely, youíll see hair on the walls! :eek:
Itís all covered with hairÖ

I have to vacuum the hair off the floor.
As fast as I vacuum, I rustle up more.
Some day Iíll fall and be seen nevermore.
Iíll be the mummy down on the floor

Covered in hairÖ.

~the Hazel Run Mama

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 09:18 PM
Setter's furballs :cloud9:

erykah1310
December 9th, 2007, 09:26 PM
Tee hee, that was cute yet... i can somehow relate:wall:
OH well... its a labour of love:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Vacuuming keeps hazel busy and off the streets and out of trouble. :laughing:

breeze
December 9th, 2007, 09:31 PM
love the poem to funny
A mothers work is never done including the vacumming :laughing::laughing:

what does lament mean :confused:

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 09:39 PM
what does lament mean :confused:

A lament is a sad (in this case) song... This one actually even has a melody...but I couldn't insert a sound track. (Lucky you...just between you and me, hazel can't sing)

It came to me today while vacuuming... :D

breeze
December 9th, 2007, 09:40 PM
what does the melody sound like?? any reconizable song??

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 09:50 PM
what does the melody sound like?? any reconizable song??

A little reminiscent of that song that has the lines "Sweet dreams are made of these. Who am I to disagree..."

Not quite the same, but close enough that I can remember the new melody if I can recall the actual song. :D (hazel also isn't very creative writing music :rolleyes:)

JanM
December 9th, 2007, 10:03 PM
Well done! This is a lament that would befit others on this board too... :D

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Well done! This is a lament that would befit others on this board too... :D

Should we take up a donation of hairballs to send to those who can't relate but would like to? :D Hairballs are pretty light--shipping shouldn't cost too much! :crazy:

JanM
December 9th, 2007, 10:24 PM
Should we take up a donation of hairballs to send to those who can't relate but would like to? :D Hairballs are pretty light--shipping shouldn't cost too much! :crazy:

What a wonderful idea! I'm pretty sure I could donate a truckload to start :laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
December 10th, 2007, 02:03 AM
:thumbs up Good one Hazel :laughing: http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/lachen/laughing-smiley-015.gif :laugh:

Did the vacuuming today myself & found a few kitty furballs floating around, you want them too :p

TeriM
December 10th, 2007, 02:50 AM
:laughing::laughing: Well done :thumbs up.

meb999
December 10th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Hil-a-rious!!

SARAH
December 10th, 2007, 11:12 AM
What a wonderful idea! I'm pretty sure I could donate a truckload to start :laughing:

Well, I did know of a lady who would take all the furballs she could (clean ones brushed from the animal, not the tumble-weed-furballs) and turn then into wool that she then knitted into scarves, sweaters, hats, you name it. You could send her YOUR dog's fur from a whole year and she would send you a sweater back made form your very own pet (for a fee!!) cool, no?

But she's in Normandie ... a bit far to ship the furballs ...

Great poem though, and I can SO relate! I call them my pomeranians :laughing: I swear I could dress one in a week of fur-droppings from the others here.

hazelrunpack
December 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM
Hil-a-rious!!

:laughing: Or hil-hair-ious? :laugh: aw, hazel you slay me!

I'll bet you don't have too many furballs, do you meb? Buster has such a nice short coat. I could send you a shipment! :thumbs up :D

Well, I did know of a lady who would take all the furballs she could (clean ones brushed from the animal, not the tumble-weed-furballs) and turn then into wool that she then knitted into scarves, sweaters, hats, you name it. You could send her YOUR dog's fur from a whole year and she would send you a sweater back made form your very own pet (for a fee!!) cool, no?

It think there's a woman in MN or MI that also does that. But you need the undercoat and setters don't have much if any. :sad: Frenchy's goldens do, though. (There ya go, Frenchy! Your very own golden wardrobe! :dog:)

Now, alas, I must go vacuum.... :p

Lise
December 11th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Hair Hair everywere hair!Can anyone explain how it gets in the fridge?They really are worth it though.

14+kitties
December 11th, 2007, 10:06 AM
That's one of the reasons I love my little toy. Puddles don't shed. :)
But....... 16 kitties make up for it when I clean their house!

hazelrunpack
December 11th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Hair Hair everywere hair!Can anyone explain how it gets in the fridge?They really are worth it though.

Yep...it's where your fur babies go when you're gone--they raid the fridge leaving hairy evidence behind! :laughing: Your dogs are just too smart, Lise! :D

Did the vacuuming today myself & found a few kitty furballs floating around, you want them too

Hey, you bet, growler! Always room for a little more hair. :eek:

:laugh:

But....... 16 kitties make up for it when I clean their house!

:eek: I'll bet! I feel your pain! :grouphug:

:laughing:

Dog Dancer
December 11th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Hey all, I don't get on here much anymore, but I love checking in on all those I've known. Hazel your posts are always so entertaining! I also can feel your hairball pain. I also used to send my pet hair to a friend in Montreal who would spin the hair and make wool and then loom it into fabric and sew it. She loved that I had a persian cat! I don't do it anymore, I think she gave up her spinning ways - too bad we could have started a collection for her! Take care all.

chico2
December 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hair,hair everywhere:laughing:that was sooo funny Hazel,you are very talented:laughing::laughing:
I am sitting here wearing a Navy sweatshirt,Vinnie just jumped off my lap,it's now white and navy.
Hubby complaints about MY hair,never mind the cats:laughing:,I seem to shed quiet a bit to,long whitish/grey hair,oh well,it's a hairy exsistence:laughing:

krdahmer
December 11th, 2007, 09:18 PM
LoL cute! I thought I was the only one with hairy walls!!! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Oh, ya, I think we can all relate to a little hair. Even on the walls! :laughing: I have spittle on the ceiling, too, krdahmer, but that's a whole 'nuther poem! :laughing:

All my clothes are fuzzy, too, chico--with setter fur. It comes in three colors: white, russet, and black. If only I could find all calico colored clothes! :p I remember standing in a checkout line with my dark blue (streaked with hair) winter coat on one day. When I finally got to the register, the checker looked at me, smiled and said "Oh, I see you have dogs!" :laughing: :o Ah, well... I bring my loves with me wherever I go. :D

Good to see you again, Dog Dancer! You don't drop in nearly enough anymore!

rainbow
December 12th, 2007, 12:44 AM
But when you hit it, itís hard lin-o-le-um :D

:laugh: :laugh:.....that is very creative. :D

And, I love how when I no sooner finish vacuuming , there are still fur fuzzies somewhere. :frustrated: :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
December 14th, 2007, 11:23 PM
:laugh: :laugh:.....that is very creative. :D

And, I love how when I no sooner finish vacuuming , there are still fur fuzzies somewhere. :frustrated: :rolleyes:

I hear ya. :rolleyes: I thought I had vacuumed very thoroughly today but after I put the machine away, three (count 'em! THREE) more huge hairballs rolled down the hall from somewhere! :frustrated: On my more paranoid days, I swear they're clinging to the cuffs of my pants until I put the vacuum away--and when it's safe, they drop off and run giggling down the hall... :wall: :yell: :wall:

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 02:07 AM
until I put the vacuum away--and when it's safe, they drop off and run giggling down the hall... :wall: :yell: :wall:

That is the most frustrating part :yell: .....and, of course, that's when the notorious unexpected company arrives at your door. :rolleyes: :frustrated:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 09:44 PM
:laughing: Nah, you forget--we have 8 dogs... We don't get any company (or at least none that stays long enough to notice hairballs on the floor) :p

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 10:38 PM
You should have seen my winter coat (the clean one I wear to work :p) this week. Went 3 times to the vet , and when we're there , the dogs always cling to me because they just want to get the heck out of there , I come back home and have to use tape to get the fur off my coat. 3 times this week :yell:

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 10:45 PM
:grouphug: I feel your pain! :o My whole wardrobe is like that! I've actually had people look at me in a store, smile, and say, "Oh, I see you have dogs!" :laughing:

chico2
December 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM
The worst,is when we have company and the cats crawl under something and when they get the courage to come out and say hi,also bring tons of hair-bunnies:laughing:

hazelrunpack
December 16th, 2007, 04:59 PM
The worst,is when we have company and the cats crawl under something and when they get the courage to come out and say hi,also bring tons of hair-bunnies:laughing:

:laughing: :laugh: :laughing:

Nothing like that first impression, eh? :laughing: That's funny, chico! I'm glad the dogs can't fit under the beds or get in under the couch...I prefer to let my dust-bunnies breed in peace under there! :p

Love4himies
December 17th, 2007, 11:07 AM
Very funny, Hazel.

I have tumblefur all around my house, always rears it ugly head when company comes a callin'.

I choose my clothes, linen and furniture based upon how well fur will not stick to it :laughing:.