Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Woo Hoo !!!

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 07:12 PM
WOO HOO :highfive: Willy Pickton was found guilty of second degree murder on all six charges. The judge will sentence him on Tuesday. :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 07:20 PM
I saw it on the news. But second degree ?? :sad: I would have expected first degree ! A serial killer plans , that makes it first degree :shrug:

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 07:44 PM
I was hoping for first degree too but it's a minimum 10 yr. for second degreee and I think the max is 25 yr. :shrug: It would be great if the judge made the sentences consecutive. :fingerscr

I think his girlfriend should have been charged too....she's every bit as guilty as he is. :yell:

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Yes I can't believe this guy had a GF !

And I know this would had been a waste of money , but he did kill 44 other women , he will not be charge with those murders. I just think of the families of these victims , it must be very hard to accept. :sad:

wdawson
December 9th, 2007, 08:13 PM
i thought they where trying him on the others?

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I don't think they've said for sure yet that he won't be charged with the others. :shrug:

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 08:40 PM
I'm not up to date with this , but last year , they didn't want to go further , saying all he needed was to be convicted of a few. It would cost a lot of money to investigate and go to trial for all the other ones , the reason , I think , is because they didn't find the other victims corpes on his property ? It would be great for the families , I do hope they go ahead with this. Or he could just be killed in prison and spare everyone lots of $$$.

growler~GateKeeper
December 10th, 2007, 01:46 AM
The 6 charges he was convicted of were the ones w/the strongest evidence & since he only got 2nd degree murder the prosecutor has to decide if it is worth the time & money to go ahead w/ trial for the other charges, since the evidence is not as strong - they might not get convictions........if he was found guilty of 1st degree murder on the original 6 charges the prosecutor would definitely go ahead with the rest.

TeriM
December 10th, 2007, 02:52 AM
I think it was the judge who originally told them to only pick six. He was concerned that the jurors would not be able to keep track of the details on so many different victims.

I for one am very glad he was convicted and I am sure the judge will attach the harshest sentence available.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 12:34 PM
OMG ! Do you know how much this trial just cost ? 115 millions !!!

He will be charge with 20 more murders very soon.

rainbow
December 12th, 2007, 03:32 AM
WOO HOO.....NO parole for 25 years !!! :highfive:

The hearing for the rest of the charges is on Jan.24/08. :thumbs up