Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Sam's lump , not looking good at all

Pages : [1] 2

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM
So I do like my vet told me , just inspect the lump once a week , to make sure I see any difference. So the "lump day" check is every Saturday. Last week I actually thought it was getting smaller. Last night before I went to bed , I touched it , it seemed so much bigger. I didn't want to believe it , this couldn't be , so I went to bed. I woke up a few times , and it was all I could think about. This morning , looked again , it is bigger , and just like Daisy , it's pushing against his anus (what are the odd ! :sad:)

I did see some small stool yesterday. So I guess it's beginning to be a problem for him. I will call my vet tomorrow to have Sam get the operation ASAP.

Does anyone knows where I could call to cancel x-mas ? :wall: Gosh it just never stops.

erykah1310
December 9th, 2007, 10:01 AM
Oh Frenchy, IM so sorry.
I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and :pray:
I hope the surgery is sucessful:pray::pray:

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Thanks Erykah. I'm positive about the operation , Sam already had blood work for another surgery this year , and my vet's wife (a vet too) did the operation on Daisy and was very good at it. For my poor Daisy , it was cancer and it did come back but Sam's one was tested about 2 weeks ago and no trace of cancer :thumbs up so at least that's one good news. :o

I hope you're not feeling too sad these days Erykah :grouphug:

erykah1310
December 9th, 2007, 10:14 AM
Thanks Frenchy, I am doing very well actually. The immediate "pain" is gone, and all that is left is wonderful memories and knowing for sure it was "time" helps loads too.
I'm so happy to hear there is no trace of the evil C, Removing the C helps for a while, but unfortunately it does come back for the most part:sad:
I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes along without a hitch.
Also, Im looking into the official Christmas cancelling contact info for you, as I wouldnt mind it if it was delayed a few weeks myself :p

Stacer
December 9th, 2007, 10:26 AM
Frenchy, I hope Sam will be OK. Hopefully he's not in too much discomfort. Bad stuff always seems to happen just before xmas.

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 10:33 AM
and knowing for sure it was "time" helps loads too.

I wish I had that with Daisy ... I'm glad it "went well" with the timing. Puppy stayed longer that anyone expected , ups and downs and I think he had more ups :thumbs up
Bad stuff always seems to happen just before xmas.
Actually for me , it's all year round :shrug: it's getting real hard $$$ but I know I will feel so much better once the lump is taken out.

JanM
December 9th, 2007, 10:36 AM
I'm so sorry to hear about Sam - and you too! It's so hard when our fuzzy friends are in distress :sad:

I hope you can get it done and quickly too so you can put it all behind you!

pitgrrl
December 9th, 2007, 10:38 AM
Frenchy, I can imagine how stressful this all is for you, but we've got paws and fingers crossed for you and Sam.

14+kitties
December 9th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Frenchy....... we have all our fingers and toes and whatever else we can cross, crossed. Good Luck! :pray: :grouphug: :goodvibes:

CearaQC
December 9th, 2007, 11:49 AM
Saying prayers for Sam. :pray:

Rottielover
December 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
Poor Sammy,:fingerscr for everything to be ok

wdawson
December 9th, 2007, 12:24 PM
ahh frenchy
things will work out,keep thinking positive....:fingerscr for a good outcome

joeysmama
December 9th, 2007, 01:05 PM
Oh Frenchy---I will pray very very hard that they can take this out and after that will Sam will be healthy for a long long long long time !!! :grouphug:

Lukka'sma
December 9th, 2007, 01:28 PM
I sure hope Sam gets back to normal real soon, I know how much of a worry this must be for you.

hazelrunpack
December 9th, 2007, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry Sam's gonna need surgery, Frenchy. :grouphug: What a bummer. It'll go good, though--he's in good hands and you already know it's not cancer. :thumbs up

The Pack sends :goodvibes:, plenty of that magical healing setter spittle for post-surgical recovery, and will keep their :pawprint:s crossed for good news! The rest of us can't beat that, but me, hazel, and madame hazel send :grouphug:s for both you and handsome Sam!

ancientgirl
December 9th, 2007, 04:32 PM
I'm sorry Sam has to go through this, but the good news is what he has isn't cancerous. I'm sure he'll come out of the surgery with flying colors. :pray:

chico2
December 9th, 2007, 04:45 PM
Awww Frenchy,sometimes it seems when everything is going good,someone somewhere decides to burst the bubble,almost as if saying,things have been going to good,time for some trouble:sad:
But you'll make do I am sure and Sam will be fine:pray:
Hopefully he'll get to have the surgery soon,it must bother him to poop..:sad:

jiorji
December 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Sam :cloud9::sad:

get better fast!!

H.P.
December 9th, 2007, 07:30 PM
:grouphug:for Sam and for you! aybe by getting this taking care of now, you can start (and keep) things going great next year!

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 07:36 PM
Awww, Frenchy.....poor you :grouphug: and poor Sam. :grouphug:

Sending lots of good wishes for his surgery. :fingerscr : :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Christmas is cancelled at our house this year too. :o You and me can have are own cyber celebration. :laughing:

breeze
December 9th, 2007, 07:49 PM
:grouphug::goodvibes: for you and sam

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM
Christmas is cancelled at our house this year too. :o You and me can have are own cyber celebration. :laughing:

I wish !!! But we're having x-mas at my place again this year. I wish I could just cancel and stay home alone. Moments after I posted this thread , my sister called and ask how I was doing , I told her about Sam. Then she tells me : so I guess this is a bad time to give you the kids x-mas list ....

Yes it was !

I am very positive about Sam's operation , it's the $$$ that has me going :eek: I'm at the vet every month , there's always something. It's going to be the third surgery only this year. Last year was Daisy .... :rip: I know it's a bit of my fault , I shouldn't own so many animals. :shrug:

breeze
December 9th, 2007, 07:54 PM
Frenchy and Rainbow can spend x-mas here.. it is very quite no family, just mike russ jason me and Bree... no big deal here (if you don't mind a very excitable doggie :D

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 07:58 PM
(if you don't mind a very excitable doggie :D

Bree :cloud9: I miss her :sad:

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 08:09 PM
I wish !!! But we're having x-mas at my place again this year. I wish I could just cancel and stay home alone. Moments after I posted this thread , my sister called and ask how I was doing , I told her about Sam. Then she tells me : so I guess this is a bad time to give you the kids x-mas list ....

Yes it was !

I am very positive about Sam's operation , it's the $$$ that has me going :eek: I'm at the vet every month , there's always something. It's going to be the third surgery only this year. Last year was Daisy .... :rip: I know it's a bit of my fault , I shouldn't own so many animals. :shrug:

Frenchy, I know how you feel. :grouphug: We don't have any family here so we're off the hook that way. But, after spending ten grand on Chase this year and hubby out of work for one year now, about all we'll do is have turkey dinner for two. I think your family will understand your financial burden this year. Are your nieces and nephews old enough to understand if you cut back a bit on their gifts? :o Do the adults exchange gifts? Would they be insulted if you asked for a monetary gift instead? :shrug: And, just think, you'll be getting the best gift of all.....Sam's health back. :thumbs up

rainbow
December 9th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Frenchy and Rainbow can spend x-mas here.. it is very quite no family, just mike russ jason me and Bree... no big deal here (if you don't mind a very excitable doggie :D

:laughing: Definitely don't mind an exciteable doggy.....got one of my own. :D Too bad we didn't live closer. :D

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Nephew is 9 and niece is 12. They are very spoiled and always count their gifts , my nephew once said : boy , we're not too lucky this year :mad:

I think they're getting better though. They won't have a choice this year , understand or not , they will have only one gift each from me. Thanks dog each employee at my office gets a turkey ! :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 9th, 2007, 08:29 PM
But, after spending ten grand on Chase this year and hubby out of work for one year now

:sad: that just sucks Rainbow. I hope hubby gets a new job for the new year :fingerscr :goodvibes: Too bad we live so far away , we could buy a small farm and all live together :D

growler~GateKeeper
December 10th, 2007, 01:19 AM
Duffy & I send lots of :goodvibes: & http://www.clicksmilies.com/s1106/feiertage/feiertag-smiley-007.gif Irish Luck & as many :grouphug: as you need

Have you measured across the lump w/a tape measure to be sure it's :fingerscr not getting bigger?

shredy
December 10th, 2007, 01:49 AM
Frenchy, I am so sorry to hear about Sam :sad: :fingerscr:fingerscr That the surgery can fix teh problem and that he will be ok. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for your furkids. Remember we are only given as much as we can handle, you will get through this:goodvibes::grouphug:

susieqt
December 10th, 2007, 11:39 AM
Thinking of you, Frenchy, and boy do I understand $$ problems, you are NOT alone when it comes to that!!!
If the lump is not cancerous and not too big, do you really have to operate? If it is not causing any pain, maybe you can wait awhile.....just a thought.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 12:13 PM
If the lump is not cancerous and not too big, do you really have to operate? If it is not causing any pain, maybe you can wait awhile.....just a thought.

It's beside his anus , growing and pushing on it , already has difficulty to poop. One more week or two and he won't be able to go anymore. Just like for Daisy.

Called my vet this morning , I have to go with Sam at 5:30 to re evaluate the tumor , then emergency surgery on Wenesday. My vet even told me he was going to cancel 2 neutering to make place for Sam , as this can't wait. I was very glad he's not making us wait ! But he saw Sam , he knows about how big it is. Now, he had a few negative points this morning , wich almost made me cry , but will wait to talk to him later today. :fingerscr

I hope this will not be a repeat of the Daisy story , if it is , we're doing all of this for nothing.

ancientgirl
December 10th, 2007, 12:25 PM
I'm sending some positive thoughts your way.:goodvibes: I hope there aren't any serious complicaitons.:pray:

CearaQC
December 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM
What did he say to make you cry?

Poor Sam... I have a feeling everything will be ok. Just gotta get that pressure off his bum then he'll be right as rain in now time. :D

:2huggers:

clm
December 10th, 2007, 12:39 PM
I wasn't a member when you had Daisy, and I didn't want to ask, so I looked up the old posts on her. I'm not a crier Frenchy, but I cried through that.
I hope this isn't the same thing and the vet will be able to get Sam back to you right as rain again. :fingerscr

Cindy

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 12:48 PM
What did he say to make you cry?

Well at first I almost cried when he said he was going to call 2 customers to cancell their dog's neutering , so that they could take Sam in (all this for my Sam !) I was very touched but scared at the same time , it only confirmed the emergency. He said the surgery will be very touchy , they have to be careful to not cut / damage the nerves / muscles all around his bum. This would leave Sam incontinent , would not be able to hold his poo anymore. Not sure about the other part because I was a bit :eek: but I think he said they might have to actually cut a part of his anus ??? I must have heard wrong because that would leave him incontient , that's for sure. Anyway , we don't have much choice now.

shredy
December 10th, 2007, 12:55 PM
Frenchy :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :grouphug: This must be absolutely terrifying for you after everything you went through with Daisy. We are all sending :goodvibes::goodvibes::pray::pray: for you and Sam. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Side note: I am not as familiar with capabilities in veterinary surgery, but I do know that you are able to remove portions of the colon and anus in people without causing incontinence permanently.

I can't even begin to tell you how sorry I am that this is happening. Give him lots of cuddles from me :grouphug:

14+kitties
December 10th, 2007, 01:01 PM
Our thoughts are with you Frenchy!!! Good Luck!!!!:goodvibes: :grouphug: :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Side note: I am not as familiar with capabilities in veterinary surgery, but I do know that you are able to remove portions of the colon and anus in people without causing incontinence permanently.

:goodvibes: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
December 10th, 2007, 01:05 PM
:goodvibes: for the vet this afternoon. :grouphug:

:grouphug:s and pats for Sam, too. And lots of :fingerscr, crossed :pawprint:s and :pray:s...

happycats
December 10th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Prayers for Sam:pray: I hope everything works out okay.

It is a very hard time of year for many, and to bad your family doesn't just say you have enough on your plate this christmas, so please don't buy any presents!!

Your pets are your family!! why the hell can't people understand that!!:mad:

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 01:48 PM
I wasn't a member when you had Daisy, and I didn't want to ask, so I looked up the old posts on her. I'm not a crier Frenchy, but I cried through that.

I'm sorry it made you cry :sad:

OMG , I just realized something my vet told me this morning , guess i put it in the back of my mind but , he did say maybe he took the sample in a part of the lump where there was nothing ... as if to say , maybe there is cancer somewhere else because the lump is so big ... either way , I want it off !

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Prayers for Sam:pray: I hope everything works out okay.

It is a very hard time of year for many, and to bad your family doesn't just say you have enough on your plate this christmas, so please don't buy any presents!!

Your pets are your family!! why the hell can't people understand that!!:mad:

I wont feel bad if there's no money left to buy presents for the kids. My dogs come first . The kids already have everything , X-box , Ipod etc.... and at 9 and 12 yr old , they are old enough to understand. :shrug:

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 01:51 PM
Sorry if I'm going on and on about this , I'm not a patient person , really nervous right now , wish this could be done already :o

ancientgirl
December 10th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Be sure to keep us informed though. I'm sure everything will turn out okay. The good thing, is its coming off.

krdahmer
December 10th, 2007, 04:15 PM
Aw Frenchy :grouphug: So sorry you and Sam are having so much trouble... we have all our fingers and paws crossed here that Wednesday goes smoothly and Sam recovers quickly and that there is absolutely no trace of that bugger 'c' anywhere!!! :pawprint: :fingerscr

I'll keep you two in my :pray:ers! And don't worry I don't think many of us have any patience when it comes to our pets and illnesses... we want them better and fixed YESTURDAY! :o:grouphug:

chico2
December 10th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Awww Frenchy,I wish I was there to give you and Sam a big hug,it's 4.30 now another hour to go...
It just CANNOT be anything serious:pray:
As for your sisters kids,they are just not important right now,you and Sam are and the :goodvibes:are shaking up all of Quebec for you both:goodvibes::goodvibes:

jesse's mommy
December 10th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Frenchy saying my prayers for you ans Sam. :pray:

TeriM
December 10th, 2007, 07:13 PM
You and Sam are definately in my thoughts today. Lots of love, good wishes and positive health vibes coming your way from my fur family to yours :grouphug::goodvibes::pray::goodvibes::grouphug:.

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 08:04 PM
We're back , with so so news .... first of all , they don't think they could do the surgery , it's too big and attached to many muscles. So tomorrow , my vet's wife (the one that did the surgery on Daisy) will call the lab where the first sample was sent. She wants to talk with someone to explain the mass. Then on Wenesday , Sam will have a biopsy , will take 10 days to get the results :wall: 10 business days !!!! If there's no cancer , we leave it be. It would be worse if they do surgery. She said it's not obstructing his bum. And probably won't. If it is cancer (she thinks there may be metastases , I don't know the english term) she will have to see what they can do about it , to find a way to do surgery , but warned me this may not be possible. So that's it for the news. Even if there's no cancer , I don't know , if this thing still grows , for how long will Sam be ok with it ? Right now , I have to wait for the biopsy , we'll see from there.

I don't know what to think right now , but I'm very disapointed.

TeriM
December 10th, 2007, 08:10 PM
I'm sorry Frenchy :sad:, but at least it is not really bad news although it will definately be tough to wait for the results. Is the biopsy an easy procedure or do they need to knock him out for it? Is there anything they can do to try to shrink the mass? We'll definately keep our fingers, toes and paws crossed for good news :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr.

:grouphug::grouphug:

breeze
December 10th, 2007, 08:14 PM
We will ALL wait with you !! cause we all know that the waiting is the hardest..

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
Is the biopsy an easy procedure or do they need to knock him out for it? Is there anything they can do to try to shrink the mass?

Yes he will be put under , she didn't say anything about shrinking it , she only mentioned if it is cancer , her first thought would be chemotherapy , then radiotherapy , to make it smaller and then they MAY be able to take it out. After what I've been through with Daisy , and all I heard about chemo, I will never go down that road. :sad:

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 08:22 PM
We will ALL wait with you !! cause we all know that the waiting is the hardest..

thanks Breeze but you know I will be a pain in the as* :evil:

wdawson
December 10th, 2007, 08:27 PM
hang in there frenchy.....:fingerscr for a good outcome.

breeze
December 10th, 2007, 08:30 PM
thanks Breeze but you know I will be a pain in the as* :evil:

ya I know and I am sure everybody know :laughing::laughing:
we will just have to deal with it :D:laughing:

shredy
December 10th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Having just lost Shade to the C word, I know how horrible you are feeling right now. Not knowing is beyond impossible and I am not patient either... Just wanted to tell you we are :pray: for Sam and Chloe and I are sending :grouphug::grouphug: your way with extra puppy kisses

t.pettet
December 10th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Many PAWSITIVE thoughts going out to you and Sam.:fingerscr

hazelrunpack
December 10th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Another biopsy! :grouphug: So frustrating and scary! But good news that the vet didn't think it would obstruct his bum.

We'll just have to keep positive thoughts and hope there is no cancer and no metastases :fingerscr :goodvibes: :pray:

:grouphug:

Frenchy
December 10th, 2007, 09:59 PM
no metastases

oh so it's the same in english ? :o

Thanks everyone , right now , I'm very numb , and it's ok , until I get the results , I'm trying to stay :cool: and I said it before , this place is such a great support system ! Thanks to all of you.

joeysmama
December 10th, 2007, 10:36 PM
Oh Frenchy. I went through the whole C horror with Joey and I'm praying very very hard that you will get good news. I think if you get good news that will be the best Christmas present of all--for all of us !!

And don't worry about the kids. Maybe you can give them a small doggie ornament to remind them that sometimes it'smore important to use what you have to take care of animals who can't take care of themselves. It sounds as though they have everything they could want so you could give them a lesson in how to love defenseless creatures. That's a better blessing than an ipod !
:pray:Frenchy and Sam:pray:

growler~GateKeeper
December 11th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Frenchy - lots of :fingerscr :pray: :goodvibes: & :grouphug: for you & Sam

Lots of :goodvibes::fingerscr:goodvibes::pray: for Wednesday - good results day :grouphug:

badger
December 11th, 2007, 03:28 AM
This is so :censored: unfair. We're here for you Frenchy, whatever happens. Let's have a :censored: miracle, dog. Dog?

Rottielover
December 11th, 2007, 06:49 AM
I am so sorry for you. Kayla asked me what was wrong, I told her the big fuzzy dog at frenchy's is a little sick. She looked at me and said can I go and make him feel better. I think she wants to feed sam to hoping he will be all better.
:fingerscr you hear the news you need to hear.

clm
December 11th, 2007, 07:25 AM
Well that's not the news I was hoping for :sad:

Waiting another 10 business days is going to be hard on you for sure.

Let's hope the results of this biopsy are clear again, and that the mass can somehow be shrunk or maybe shrink on it's own.

Cindy

Love4himies
December 11th, 2007, 07:43 AM
Frenchy, thinking of you and :pray: that all will go well for poor Sam.

ancientgirl
December 11th, 2007, 09:04 AM
Any news today Frenchy or is it too early?

chico2
December 11th, 2007, 09:24 AM
Oh no,why in this day and age with all our technology does it have to take so long for testresults:yell::yell:
Little Kaylas words brought me to tears,you have a wonderful little human beeing there,Rottielover:lovestruck:
Frenchy,lets not jump the gun,but I have often thought what I would do,if Chemo and Radiation was something I would have to consider in an elderly cat and I don't think that would be an option for me.
However we don't know yet that Sam has cancer:pray:he does not and that this stupid lump can be reduced.:pray:

14+kitties
December 11th, 2007, 10:16 AM
I :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: :pray: that everything is ok. This sucks big time.:grouphug:

Frenchy
December 11th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Kayla asked me what was wrong, I told her the big fuzzy dog at frenchy's is a little sick. She looked at me and said can I go and make him feel better.
Coming from Kayla , that doesn't surprise me , she is so sweet ! Give her a big hug for me :2huggers:
Any news today Frenchy or is it too early?

Not yet , the only thing I will hear today is about the first result , they mistook the location of the mass on the results , but I don't see what difference this can make ? :shrug:

I'll be dropping Sam tonight for his biopsy tomorrow. I hate to have him spend the night over there but it would be too hard to keep food and water away from him tomorrow morning with 3 other dogs...

I just took a look at the calendar , 10 days = Dec 24-25 , so I probably won't find out before x-mas. sigh.

ancientgirl
December 11th, 2007, 12:33 PM
Oh man, nothing like waiting for something so important.

Well, keep all thoughts positive. I'll be doing the same. We all will. :pray:

coppperbelle
December 11th, 2007, 08:11 PM
I just saw this post. I had no idea that you and Sam were going through this. The last I remember hearing was there was no indication of cancer in the biopsy
If there is anything I can do to help, or if you need anything please let me know.
I don't it is difficult but try to keep positive thoughts. Worrying won't change the results of the test and will only make you more stressed out.

coppperbelle

Rottielover
December 11th, 2007, 08:15 PM
My daughter is very fond of Frenchy's dogs, they do not jump on her, LOL
I do have a special little girl, and Frenchy anytime you need cheering up, I will be there with her.

Frenchy
December 11th, 2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks everyone for all the good vibes ! I left Sam at the vet earlier :sad: I already miss him , I went through a bunch of pictures , wich I will take to the office. I will now tomorrow around 4 pm if I can get him back home or if he needs to stay another night. They were very busy today so I did not find out if the vet talked with the lab person about the first test.

I only ask today for the biopsy $$$ , at first , the number she gave me was the same as if he would have gotten the surgery !!! :confused: I told her this couldn't be ! So they came back with a new number , it was - $200.00 than the first price !!! ouf !

Frenchy
December 11th, 2007, 08:29 PM
Oh Frenchy. I went through the whole C horror with Joey

joeysmama , I don't remember about joey's cancer ? What happen ?

wdawson
December 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM
hang in there......i know waiting sucks.......sometimes though no news is good news:fingerscr

rainbow
December 12th, 2007, 12:02 AM
Sending lots of good wishes for you and Sam. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

I'm really surprised that the results are going to take so long.....especially in a big city like Montreal. :shrug:

I lost both my last sibes to cancer 9 months apart. :sad: I really hope you don't have to go through it again. :grouphug: :fingerscr And, it's now a possibilty at our house again. :frustrated:

My heart goes out to you. :grouphug: Again....lots of good wishes for you and Sam. :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
December 12th, 2007, 12:17 AM
Good luck for Sam tomorrow, Frenchy! :grouphug: :goodvibes: for good news!

TeriM
December 12th, 2007, 02:27 AM
Hope all goes well for Sam tomorrow and that you get good news :fingerscr:pray::goodvibes:.

Frenchy
December 12th, 2007, 12:36 PM
And, it's now a possibilty at our house again. :frustrated:

What ???? :eek: Is there something wrong with Logan ? :sad: noooooo

I called at noon , even if I knew it was too early , but I needed for them to tell me Sam was ok :o he was being prep for the biopsy.

krdahmer
December 12th, 2007, 12:38 PM
:pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes: Hope you get some good news soon!

SARAH
December 12th, 2007, 02:01 PM
I second that thought,

:pray: :pray: :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :fingerscr and I add a :grouphug: for you and Sam :angel:

rainbow
December 12th, 2007, 03:24 PM
Thinking of you and Sam today. :grouphug: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

JanM
December 12th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Thinking of you and Sam today. :grouphug: :fingerscr :fingerscr :goodvibes: :goodvibes: :goodvibes:

Me too! (I couldn't have said it better, Rainbow, so I used yours!)

Frenchy
December 12th, 2007, 08:09 PM
They told me the biopsy went fine , but Sam is spending a second night at the vet. They want to make sure it won't bleed (it's just like a surgery !) I told them they better give him lots of kisses because that's what he's used to.

I miss my baby :sad: but I know it's better for him to be under vet's supervision right now. So it's going to be a long day at work tomorrow !

ancientgirl
December 12th, 2007, 08:11 PM
That's one thing done you don't have to worry about anymore. Now the waiting for the results, which I KNOW will be okay.:pray:

I hope you have plenty of work to keep you busy so that you can go pick up your boy later in the day.

Frenchy
December 12th, 2007, 08:14 PM
:o I do have plenty of work , unfortunately , I'm only getting things half done this week. My brain is working overtime. :yell:

wdawson
December 12th, 2007, 08:31 PM
:fingerscr for good results......:sad: for the waiting.

CearaQC
December 12th, 2007, 09:33 PM
Keeping you and Sam in our thoughts. :pray:

shredy
December 12th, 2007, 11:10 PM
Frenchy, I'm glad that Sam's biopsy went well, but I'm sorry he isn't with you tonight. I know that if you're anything like me you just want to hug and kiss him and tell him it will be ok. :fingerscr:fingerscr that you get good news :goodvibes::goodvibes:

otter
December 12th, 2007, 11:17 PM
Big Huge Hugs and Kisses for Sam :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Molly assures me that she checked Sam out when she was at Frenchys and he's just perfect :thumbs up.

We're thinking of you Sam and Frenchy :fingerscr:fingerscr

rainbow
December 12th, 2007, 11:55 PM
Glad the biopsy went well. :thumbs up

So, now the wait begins. :sad: Did you ask the vet if it is the "written results" that take a week to get mailed to them? Maybe they can get phone or fax results quicker. :shrug: :fingerscr I know that's how it works here for any tests we've had to have done. :o

Hope your day isn't too bad tomorrow. :grouphug: :goodvibes:

Boubou
December 12th, 2007, 11:58 PM
Poor Sam! I'm sure the worst is over and the results will come back A-Ok - they have to! I guess it's best if he stays another nite anyway, atleast he'll have the vet staff to check on him throughout the day tomorrow.......

My old girl, Little Bear, is at the vet tonite too - she's having a teeth cleaning which sounds pretty routine, right? But she's 19 years old :eek:!! It's just something that has to be done - her teeth are pretty good considering her age, it's just a back molar that broke and infection has set in - ouch! I'm just anxious to get the call from the vet tomorrow afternoon to tell me it's all done! We'll both have something to celebrate when we get good news tomorrow, right?

jiorji
December 13th, 2007, 12:31 AM
awww Sammie....stay strong buddy:cloud9:

think of green grass in your backyard and dandelions :D all will be better :cloud9::fingerscr

chico2
December 13th, 2007, 08:19 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gifto you and Sam!

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 12:28 PM
Maybe they can get phone or fax results quicker. :shrug: :fingerscr I know that's how it works here for any tests we've had to have done. :o

Yes they get it by fax , and since they know me pretty well , I know they will drop everything and call me asap once they get the news.
My old girl, Little Bear, is at the vet tonite too - she's having a teeth cleaning which sounds pretty routine, right? But she's 19 years old :eek:!!
Good luck to Little Bear , I'm guessing she'll be shower with hugs and kisses tonight !
Molly assures me that she checked Sam out when she was at Frenchys and he's just perfect :thumbs up.

If Molly says so :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Of course I had to call this morning to find out how he was doing. He sleeps all evening yesterday , he was awake and wagging tail this morning. It bled a bit so they are shaving a bit more so the blood won't get caught in the fur.

And I have to mention : I LOVE MY VETS !!!! I ask for the final amount .... it was $150.00 less than what they told me Tuesday !!! I said : "are you sure ?? ":confused: and she told me : well , you did say you thought it was kind of expensive for just a biopsy , without the operation , so we "rearranged" your invoice.

:crazy:

I was so happy ! I wanted to scream but I was at the office :p

Love4himies
December 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
You do have great vets, Frenchy!

shredy
December 13th, 2007, 01:50 PM
I'm glad he is happy this morning, but I know he will be happier when he gets to see you!

It feeld really good to be able to trust your vets to do right by your furkids and your wallet and it sounds like they have their hearts in the right place

meb999
December 13th, 2007, 01:54 PM
((((((((((big Hugs)))))))))

hazelrunpack
December 13th, 2007, 03:54 PM
I'm in love with your vets, Frenchy...where can I sign up? :laughing:

Sam is going to be so happy to be home tonight! But no zoomies with Nelly for a few days! :dog:

chico2
December 13th, 2007, 04:39 PM
Frenchy,that's the kind of vet I used to have,she was a kindhearted,animal-loving soul,would always help out,but I guess that's why she ended up going back to Scotland:sad:
My vets now charge $150 just to look at Rocky:yell:
Hope Sam is home by now,feeling chipper,soaking up the loving:cloud9:

rainbow
December 13th, 2007, 07:35 PM
Yes they get it by fax , and since they know me pretty well , I know they will drop everything and call me asap once they get the news.

Do they usually get the fax results the next day? :fingerscr

Of course I had to call this morning to find out how he was doing. He sleeps all evening yesterday , he was awake and wagging tail this morning. It bled a bit so they are shaving a bit more so the blood won't get caught in the fur.

And I have to mention : I LOVE MY VETS !!!! I ask for the final amount .... it was $150.00 less than what they told me Tuesday !!! I said : "are you sure ?? ":confused: and she told me : well , you did say you thought it was kind of expensive for just a biopsy , without the operation , so we "rearranged" your invoice.

:crazy:

I was so happy ! I wanted to scream but I was at the office :p

:thumbs up to your vets and :highfive: for Sam wagging his tail this morning. He'll be so happy to be home with you now. Give him extra hugs for me. :grouphug: :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 08:49 PM
Yes he's home !!! When they brought him to me , we was wining a bit , he never did that before ! I thought he was in pain so I ask my , he told me I was silly , my dog missed me that's all. :laughing: Good thing he spend the night , one stitches "broke" today and the wound opened up. So they did another stitche and had to made him a bandage that he has to keep at least until tomorrow. 2-3 more days will be even better. He never sat down in the car on our way home , his head was between the 2 front seats , and was too happy to let me rub his face , wich I didn't do for long because I had to drive during a mini snowstorm :frustrated:

He went outside many times ,drinks a lot , pees a lot , and has problem pooping , the bandage must be bugging him. So don't laugh , here he is : (just look at his face , he didn't want me to take his pic :laughing:)

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 08:51 PM
Do they usually get the fax results the next day? :fingerscr

It depends what kind of test. I got the results back from the first sample after 2 days. But this is a biopsy so it takes more time. :shrug: My vet thinks we will get the results before x-mas.

jiorji
December 13th, 2007, 08:53 PM
awww Sam:cloud9: you still looks just dashing!!
can i sign your "underwear"??:D

ancientgirl
December 13th, 2007, 08:58 PM
OH the indignities even our pets have to go through sometimes. LOL. I'm so glad you have him home. Hopefully he'll get used to the new obstacle around his pooping area.

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 09:08 PM
can i sign your "underwear"??:D

ohhh I should write something on it , how about : "talk to the bum" :D

hazelrunpack
December 13th, 2007, 09:21 PM
If you're gonna write something on the poor boy's bum bandage at least wait till he's sleeping so you don't embarrass him! :dog:

Aw, Sam...gimme a big hug :grouphug: We all think you look absolutely smashing! :thumbs up I'm glad you're home!

jiorji
December 13th, 2007, 09:32 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

otter
December 13th, 2007, 09:37 PM
Hi ya Sam, you're as good lookin' as always :thumbs up

pitgrrl
December 13th, 2007, 10:27 PM
That poor boy!:eek:

I'm sure you're already giving him all the attention he could ever want, but give him a little more :D

I hope he's feeling better soon and can get rid of his butt bandage.

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 10:31 PM
I hope he's feeling better soon and can get rid of his butt bandage.

I hope so too because it's kind of stinky :eeew:

Frenchy
December 13th, 2007, 10:34 PM
I'm in love with your vets, Frenchy...where can I sign up? :laughing:

You would have to deal with his jokes too. When he told me they had to do another stitches , he told me the wound was pretty big. So I asked him how many stitches did they make ? He said 3. I was getting mad and said "what the heck ? Why only 3 ?" :mad: then he asks me why do I always believe everything he says :yell:

hazelrunpack
December 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
You would have to deal with his jokes too. When he told me they had to do another stitches , he told me the wound was pretty big. So I asked him how many stitches did they make ? He said 3. I was getting mad and said "what the heck ? Why only 3 ?" :mad: then he asks me why do I always believe everything he says :yell:

You don't think he was joking about the $150 off, was he? :eek: As long as the 'rearrangement of the bill' was for real, I could take even really really bad jokes... :laughing:

rainbow
December 14th, 2007, 01:07 AM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Poor Sam :sad: ....that must be so uncomfortable for him to poop. :grouphug:

growler~GateKeeper
December 14th, 2007, 02:41 AM

:thumbs up :laugh:

Lots of :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: :grouphug: :2huggers: for you & Sam - hope your get the great news results soon :goodvibes:

chico2
December 14th, 2007, 08:35 AM
Awww look at that"poor me"face:dog:
I would think he'd have problems straining to poop,it's probably sore:sad:
Whatever the test-results might be(hopefully good:pray:)for now,he wants treats,cuddles and his couch back from the kitties,he might need a bumlift to get up there:cat:

SARAH
December 14th, 2007, 08:44 AM
I hope so too because it's kind of stinky :eeew:

Poor you :(

And poor Sam, "why are you taking pictures of me like this mommy?" He's so good looking, hehe looks like Sheba ;)

:pray: for good news from the vet!!!

Cory7
December 14th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Frenchy,

I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I can't believe your sister. Does she not realize that this is a deveatating experience for you?? ugh, sometimes people can be so insensitive.

I heard this saying - "The more people I meet the more I like my dog"...Isn't that the truth.

I can somewhat relate to you. My dog too has a bump underneath his tail. My vet said it's nothing bad but if it bothers him and if it gets bigger then he needs to have surgery!! So far so good. He seems to be doing fine.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you and Sam!! Please try to stay strong my friend!!

If you need to vent we are here for you.

Cory

breeze
December 14th, 2007, 09:07 AM
The bandage looks sooo uncomfortable, my poor sam :sad:

But at least he does not have the dreeded cone!!!!!

white wrabbit
December 14th, 2007, 11:49 AM
I'm glad he is home.. i might of missed it some where but how long does he have to keep that bandage on? every time i read this thread i always cry.. just wanting to give you big hugs and Sam too..

Frenchy
December 14th, 2007, 12:36 PM
Frenchy,

I am so sorry for everything you are going through. I can't believe your sister. Does she not realize that this is a deveatating experience for you??

I think she got the message because she never sent me my nephew's list ;)
The bandage looks sooo uncomfortable, my poor sam :sad:

But at least he does not have the dreeded cone!!!!!
He is very uncomfortable , the tape goes on his skin and fur and is pulling his fur , I can't do anything about it because it would be better for him to keep the bandage another 2 days. Can't take a chance , vet is close this week end and snowstorm next monday ... :yell: I have to make sure everything stay in place and it won't bleed.
And he is wearing his cone today , while I'm at work. :sad:
every time i read this thread i always cry.. just wanting to give you big hugs and Sam too..

Don't worry , we have Molly's words , Bree's kisses , slobbers from the pack , we should be allright :fingerscr :goodvibes:

phoozles
December 14th, 2007, 01:31 PM
So glad he is home - it must suck to have that bandage, but he'll probably do better now that he's home with you and the gang!

krdahmer
December 14th, 2007, 02:28 PM
Aw so glad Sam is home... he looks relieved... and a bit annoyed with the bandage... but then we would be too! Hope he heals quick adn gets it off soon! :grouphug:

shredy
December 14th, 2007, 03:56 PM
Frenchy, I am so glad that Sam is at home with you now. Give him lots of hugs from me and puppy kisses from Chloe. I know how hard it is to wait, just try not to let your mind go crazy :crazy: I will be :pray: for good news for you and Sam. Chloe says to tell him "woof woof woof" (translated: Get well soon) :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 03:52 AM
Hope Sam (and you :o) had a better night tonight. :goodvibes:

Winston
December 15th, 2007, 08:14 AM
Frenchy I didnt get a chance to post yesterday! Hoping all is well with your boy! :thumbs up

Cindy

Rottielover
December 15th, 2007, 08:39 AM
I am so glad that your boy sammy is home. Poor guy looks so uncomfortable.
:fingerscr for a speedy recovery and good results

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 09:50 AM
We had a good night :thumbs up

The bandage had moved a bit yesterday when I came back home. And Sam was still asking for the door a lot , I could see he was uncomfortable to do his business, so late last night , I took the bandage off and he feels much better. the bandage was making it hard for him .

SARAH
December 15th, 2007, 10:15 AM
Don't worry , we have Molly's words , Bree's kisses , slobbers from the pack , we should be allright :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Sheba sends some slobber too :) and Dani as well, plus some purring from Misti and Spoutnik! To top it off, :grouphug: from Lewis and me.

Get well soon Sam, heal up nicely and grow that fur back out, you'll be as good as new for the beach season :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Thanks Sarah

Altough now , I can see the lump , it's pretty big. I would urge everyone who has fluffy coated dogs , to inspect them carefully regularly. Neither me or my vet could see it. And still , it is pretty big.

hazelrunpack
December 15th, 2007, 11:22 AM
Wow, Frenchy, that really is big... :grouphug:

I'm glad the old gent is more comfy now without his bandage and that he had a good night! :thumbs up I don't think I could sleep with a bandage that size on my bum, either, Sam! :eek:

:fingerscr and :pray:s that the second biopsy comes back negative, too!

chico2
December 15th, 2007, 12:09 PM
Frenchy,wow,that's big and ugly:yell:poor Sam,it looks painful,but maybe Sam is just uncomfortable,but that's enough..and you have to wait another 10 days:shrug:

Since my Peppis lump years ago,thought to be fat,only to turn out cancerous,I check my cats all the time,especially Vinnie who has very dense thick hair.

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 12:10 PM
Sam just found out that rubbing his bum on the carpet makes him feel good :headslap:, so now it's bleeding again. :wall:

JanM
December 15th, 2007, 12:45 PM
Awww - poor Sam - and the indignity too... It's gotta be hard on both of you, Frenchy - hang in there - it will get better! It has to:thumbs up

CyberKitten
December 15th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Ohhh Frenchy, I missed all this as I deal with m dad's illness and worry. No Christmas and we kind of missed Hannukah too (we did light the menorah!) here either - well we are having one for the kids of course but personally, I will not celebrate until my dad is off the critical list. I know too much about medicine to like the values I see - even though I hold out mega hope.

I do hope Sam will be fine!! You and he are in my thoughts and prayers! Sam has a wonderful mom and is getting the best care so I hope his recovery is just fine! Maybe you can distract when he does what ever with his butt? <g>

rainbow
December 15th, 2007, 04:54 PM
Oh my, that lump is huge. :grouphug: I can thoroughly understand how it would get missed though with all that hair. :o Poor Sam :grouphug: and poor you. I hope it didn't bleed much after his bum rub. :fingerscr

SARAH
December 15th, 2007, 05:08 PM
That is big, for sure. Had it been on his back, side or belly, you would have noticed it earlier, I mean who goes around feeling their dog's bum! We'll all keep a close hand on our dogs from now on, I'm sure. Let's call it a weekly sam-scan in honour of poor old Sam!:lightbulb:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Let's call it a weekly sam-scan in honour of poor old Sam!:lightbulb:

Sam is honoured :D

now if this darn thing could stop bleeding :sad: :wall:

Winston
December 15th, 2007, 06:41 PM
Frenchy do you have any gause? maybe you could use that to cover it ? at least it wont have tape stuck to it! The other think I was thinking was maybe you could make Sam some home made undies...you can cut a hole out for his tail....at least to keep it covered.

Cindy

CearaQC
December 15th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Glad he's back home with you. Sorry his bum is still bothering him.

:grouphug: and slobbery puppy kisses to Sam

breeze
December 15th, 2007, 07:09 PM
:goodvibes::goodvibes:

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Frenchy do you have any gause? maybe you could use that to cover it ?

I tried to make him another bandage but it didn't hold , it's a hard place to put a bandage on :o but while the gause was on it , it seem to have made the bleeding stop :thumbs up I tried the undies (shorts because my undies are too small for a golden :p) back with Daisy , when you cut a hole for the tail , it just rips out as soon as they sit down :wall:

Sam is a very good boy though , when he did it this morning (rub his bum) I told him noooooo , and he hasn't done it again. :thumbs up

Winston
December 15th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Poor Boy! Does he have stitches? maybe you could just rip up some fabric in strips long enough to wrap around the leg sort of and then tied up at the back? Other than that he is doing okay?

Cindy

Frenchy
December 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM
He's doing good but he's sick of me looking at his bum :laughing: I wanted to put a damp towell just to clean it a bit and he ran away , and sat down saying leave my bum alone. He does have a couple of stitches , but I can't see how many.

14+kitties
December 15th, 2007, 11:22 PM
Poor Sam has been through a lot lately. Big :grouphug: for him and you too Frenchy. I hope you get test results back very soon. :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
December 16th, 2007, 12:38 AM
More :grouphug: for Sam & you too Frenchy :grouphug:, Duffy wants to add headbutts to Sam's collection of well wishes :D

Frenchy
December 16th, 2007, 12:41 AM
Duffy wants to add headbutts to Sam's collection of well wishes :D

That's too cute ! :cloud9:

onster
December 16th, 2007, 12:42 AM
:grouphug: to Sam. Looks super cute even with his butt bandage.

TeriM
December 16th, 2007, 01:37 AM
For Sam :).

http://bestsmileys.com/kissing2/3.gif

Boubou
December 17th, 2007, 12:53 AM
Have you tried a pair of control-top nylons? Cut out the legs and voila! you have a lovely stretchy, comfortable pair of undies that should hug his bum nicely...just cut out the holes in the stratigic places neccessary and cross your fingers that it works!!

The most irritating thing for Sam is probably the shave job they did on his bum - it must be soooo itchy!!

Frenchy
December 17th, 2007, 12:50 PM
:laughing: I don't own nylons :yuck: but it is a good idea :thumbs up

Sam only did it one more time , this morning , but he's a good boy and listens when I tell him no. It hasn't been bleeding today :fingerscr

rainbow
December 17th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Good boy Sam. :angel: :grouphug: I hope you get the results soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

bendyfoot
December 17th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Poor Sam...I hadn't seem his bum bandage pics until today ... how about a pair of boxer shorts or men's tighty-whities...they have a hole built in already you could use for the tail??

hazelrunpack
December 17th, 2007, 08:40 PM
At least Sam is a good boy about the rubbing and isn't bleeding anymore. Another couple of days and he should be healed enough so that shouldn't be a problem. :fingerscr

:grouphug: Hang in there, Sam!

Lukka'sma
December 17th, 2007, 09:34 PM
Sam I hope you are feeling back to yourself in no time:fingerscr

otter
December 18th, 2007, 11:50 PM
Molly asked that I send Sam some good cheer :goodvibes: and to say that she sympathizes with having a butt sore. (Molly's is healing really well!)

Lotsa :grouphug::grouphug:'s for you Sam. We've got all our fingers and paws crossed for you :fingerscr

And I have to add that I did make Molly wear underwear for a couple of days - kept her from licking and rubbing and kept it from getting dirty (and Mom's were a pretty good size fit with a few "alterations" i.e. tail hole). Thankfully there are no photos to document the event. Sam, keep up your good behaviour and you'll be spared the indignity!

Frenchy
December 19th, 2007, 09:01 PM
Would you look at Molly :lovestruck: it's a beautiful picture of her :cloud9:

I couldn't wait and called my vet today, just in case. I found out why this is taking so long ... the first sample was send to a "pathalogiste" (don't know the term in english) at the Montreal University. They called him before the biopsy to talk to him about the first results , to get more details if any. The biopsy are usually send to an independant lab , but when the pathalogist found out about it , he told my vet he wanted to take care of this himself , he's a bit baffled to know it has grown without 2 weeks and that the first results didn't show anything. So that's why it's taking longer , and I think that's why it cost me less for the biopsy. So we're pretty lucky that someone is working harder on Sam's case than if sent to the other lab , where they would just test it and forget about it.

otter
December 19th, 2007, 09:10 PM
See, everyone knows what a special boy Sam is. Everyone wants to give him their best effort.

:fingerscr:fingerscr all the special attention is over nothing :goodvibes:

shredy
December 19th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Sounds to me like your vet really cares about Sam and you! Lucky!! I really hope that the news is good news and we are :fingerscr here and sending lots of puppy kisses!!

rainbow
December 20th, 2007, 02:30 AM
Sounds good that the pathologist has taken a special interest in Sam's case. Hope you get the results soon. :grouphug: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
December 20th, 2007, 08:18 AM
That is a really sweet pic of Molly:lovestruck:
Frenchy,it would be a great X-Mas present to us all if Sam is ok as well as Lukka..there really would be no better present:fingerscr

ancientgirl
December 20th, 2007, 09:04 AM
You've got a great vet there. It's good to know he's looking out for Sam. Hopefully you'll hear something soon and you can have a happy holiday!

Love4himies
December 20th, 2007, 11:07 AM
:pray: for Sam and you. Glad to hear the pathologist is taking a personal interest in Sam. You know you are in good hands.

hazelrunpack
December 20th, 2007, 12:12 PM
What a great vet team you've got, Frenchy! Your regular one and the pathologist! :thumbs up

Still :fingerscr and crossed :pawprint:s for good results! :pray:

clm
December 20th, 2007, 12:16 PM
It's wonderful how good your vets are. You are very lucky, especially since you do fostering too.

I hope we hear some good news from you soon.

Cindy

Frenchy
December 20th, 2007, 12:18 PM
If I don't hear anything tomorrow , I would have to wait after x-mas. So I will do what I did once and ask my vet if I can call the lab myself to tell them to move their butts :D

Lukka'sma
December 20th, 2007, 12:24 PM
I really hope that you get some good news today:thumbs up

CearaQC
December 20th, 2007, 01:26 PM
I hope they help you out with some news before the holidays.

Just not fair to keep you waiting like this.

Prayed lots for Sam, hope he gets better real soon.

rainbow
December 20th, 2007, 02:03 PM
Good luck Frenchy....I hope you get some news soon. :grouphug: :pray: :fingerscr :goodvibes:

chico2
December 20th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Frenchy,let Sam know that every person on this Forum is thinking of him and you,give him an especially big cuddle from me.
The news just has to be good when it comes,it is X-Mas after all.no bad news allowed:pray:

pitgrrl
December 20th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Tell Sam we've still got 4 sets of brindle paws crossed for a speedy recovery and good news from the pathologist.

How's his butt doing, any more comfortable?

Winston
December 20th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Hey Frenchy! How is Sam's bum today? ( I know too much info!!!) its the easiest way to ask...:laughing:

Cindy

Frenchy
December 20th, 2007, 08:41 PM
How's his butt doing, any more comfortable?

Hey Frenchy! How is Sam's bum today?

:laughing: Sam's butt is doing fine :laughing: and he's able to play with Nelly again :thumbs up the stitches are coming out tomorrow , and I'm hoping to hear about the results. :fingerscr

Sam says thank you to everyone ! He feels very popular and loved :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 20th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Yay, Sam's butt is better! :highfive: Nelly is happy again! :dog: :D

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 12:17 AM
Glad you are feeling better, Sam. :thumbs up Hope your mom gets the results soon. :fingerscr :goodvibes: :grouphug:

Shaykeija
December 21st, 2007, 02:38 AM
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff185/remy_66/hugs.jpg for Sam

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 12:10 PM
The results are in , it's cancer.

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 12:22 PM
Oh no, Frenchy ....I am sooo sorry. :sad: Is it the same type that Daisy had? What is his prognosis? We're here for you. :grouphug:

ancientgirl
December 21st, 2007, 12:23 PM
Oh Frenchy, I'm sorry.

What did the vet say? Is it something you have caught in time? :pray:

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 12:28 PM
I have a 5:30 appointment , after I found out on the phone, I couldn't talk anymore , she told me it was cancer , I told her I will see her later.

But they already told me they couldn't do surgery on it. I remember a thread about different cancer treatments (meds to slow down cancer) by Doctor Lee , but I can't look at it right now. Will do later.

badger
December 21st, 2007, 12:29 PM
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored:

pitgrrl
December 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Ah Frenchy, huge :grouphug: for you and Sam.

You've still got all our magic good positive brindle thoughts coming your way.

chico2
December 21st, 2007, 12:32 PM
Oh no Frenchy,I am stunned,can't think of anything to say,except we love you and Sam,wish I was there to help out:cry:

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 12:36 PM
Frenchy, I think this is the thread you want.....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42883&highlight=medications+cancer

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 12:38 PM
:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored: :censored:

That's about how I feel like too. :o I just found out about an hour ago so I'm still a bit in shock , although I kinda of knew , I can see Sam is loosing weight , just like Daisy did. Feel like someone is sitting on my lungs. I know tomorrow I will feel better and will be able to look for ways to help Sam as much as I can.

Right now I just want to go home and hug him.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 12:40 PM
Frenchy, I think this is the thread you want.....

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=42883&highlight=medications+cancer

Thanks Rainbow , I just printed it and will read it later.

joeysmama
December 21st, 2007, 12:44 PM
Oh I'm so sorry !! I wanted you to get good news for Christmas. When I saw that you had posted in this thread and hadn't started a new one with a smiley face I got sort of a sinking feeling and didn't want to know.

Poor Sam and poor Frenchy ! Maybe the vet can give you some hope when you go in. A treatment option maybe.:fingerscr

krdahmer
December 21st, 2007, 12:52 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/9.gif:cry: I so wanted it to be good news for you and Sam, Frenchy... my prayers will be with you and Sam, and I hope there is a successful treatment option for you both!! :pray: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Ford Girl
December 21st, 2007, 12:56 PM
Oh no! :sad: If you need ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING we are here for you. Let us know what we can do to help. :grouphug:

chico2
December 21st, 2007, 12:58 PM
My initial rection was tears,but now I am angry at this cursed ugly disease.
:evil:

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 01:01 PM
Thanks everybody , it reallllly help to know you're all here for us. :grouphug:

shredy
December 21st, 2007, 01:05 PM
I know your heart is breaking right now, we are here for you for ANYTHING you need. I am so sorry that you are going through this again. Why does it have to be the same thing!!!! :yell::yell: I hate the C word!!

clm
December 21st, 2007, 01:16 PM
That's just horrible news.
My heart goes out to you and Sam.
I hope the vet has some good options for you when you see him tonight.
:grouphug:

Cindy

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 02:12 PM
OMG Frenchy! I am so so so sorry. I am like Chico2, tears then anger. What a horrible horrible thing. We were all praying so hard. Know that we are here for you any time to talk, vent, curse, whatever. :grouphug:

CearaQC
December 21st, 2007, 02:21 PM
:censored::censored:

:cry:

Frenchy, :grouphug:

I hope this is one office visit where the vet doesn't joke around w/ you like he has before.

chico2
December 21st, 2007, 04:47 PM
:pray:that Sam still can have a comfortable life,free of pain,for as long as possible.
OMG,I just cannot get over this,I was sooo sure it would not be Cancer:sad:

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 04:52 PM
Chico2 , I , unfortunatly , kinda of knew. He is loosing weight , and the lump grew very fast. Usually , if it grows that fast , it's aggressive , when it's aggressive , it's cancer. So I was "prepared" for the news. I am leaving in 10 minutes for the vet.

chico2
December 21st, 2007, 04:58 PM
Wish I could be there,:grouphug:to you and Sam:grouphug:

phoozles
December 21st, 2007, 05:28 PM
So sorry Frenchy - we're here for you! :grouphug:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 07:09 PM
:wall: :censored: :yell: :cry:

Life is SO unfair ! Poor Sam, poor you, poor Ben abd Nelly and Mr Le Chat when the saddest of all days comes.

:grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug: to all of you !!!!

Are you back from the vet now? What did she say? Is there anything they can do at all for Sam ?

He's not in pain at least, is he :pray:

JanM
December 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM
Frenchy, my heart goes out to you both. I :pray: that both of you are able to get through this with as much dignity for Sam and as much courage as you can muster for you.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 07:10 PM
So it's fibrosarcoma. My vet said it's a "bad" one. The only thing we could do , would be for Sam to get chemo , then radio (only at Guelph in Ontario) then find a very good doggy surgeon (only about 10 in Quebec) to remove the mass. He said the recovery , after all this , would be 6 months. And would it be ok after this ? Don't know. Like he said , let's say Sam only has 4 more months to live .... his last months would be hell. It was already no in my mind , my vet said he wouldn't recommend it. I asked him about prednisone , for Sam , he said , it wouldn't help.

So Sam has 2 to 6 months to live. He had lost 3 lbs on our visit 1 week 1/2 ago. Now he has lost 2 more. My vet said it's a good thing Sam was overweight. So now , I will add proteins in his diet , I already started to give him sardines. Will add some cooked ground beef too. And will cherish every moment with him.

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 07:13 PM
Sarah , he is not in pain. We think the first signs will be loss of appetite , in Sam's case , that will really mean something.

Also , we talked about Daisy , he told the pathalogist about her , and they both said it was extremely unlucky (never seen by them) that I , would get 2 of my dogs with the same cancerous lump, same location. sigh , what were the odds. :wall:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 07:14 PM
Frenchy, I am SOOO sorry, and Lewis joins me in crying for you!

I know this may not be the right time, but ... now you can keep Ben, right?

We are so very sorry for Sam (and you). Does he realize do you think?

:grouphug: :pray: to both of you!

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM
I know this may not be the right time, but ... now you can keep Ben, right?

We are so very sorry for Sam (and you). Does he realize do you think?

I will keep looking for a family for Ben. Francly , I would like to be alone with Sam , so he could get all my attention.

I don't know if Sam realises , but I did explain everything to him on our way back , felt pretty stupid talking to him in english :laughing: but he is from ALberta :shrug: I told him he had cancer , that I would take good care of him until the end , but he had to show/tell me when he would be in pain. :o

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 07:28 PM
Frenchy, I am so sorry. :grouphug: Sometimes life just isn't fair. :wall: I lost both my last huskies to cancer. They were born nine months apart and they died almost nine months to the day apart. It still makes me so very sad. I hate cancer. :yell: I know you will stay strong for Sam :grouphug: and you know we are all here for you. :grouphug:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 07:30 PM
Well you know, Dani understands more French than English, Sheba is more anglophone, so when there is serious conversations, I use the language they know best ;) and when I walk just one of them at a time, I always choose their first language. Sheba is picking up some French though ... sortir, manger, dormir, caliner :) all the important things. Dani is smarter, she's practically bilingual now. So are the cats, but they got both languages from the start.

I understand that you want to concentrate om Sam. Still, having the others around will help him when you're working, he won't be alone for hours that way.

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help! :grouphug:

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 07:41 PM
Sam understands french when there's food involve :D

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 07:45 PM
That's his stomach and nose listening, not his ears :laughing:

Spoil him with all the goodies you can, even uhealthy ones! Let him enjoy the time he has left :thumbs up

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 07:52 PM
I agree....Sam can have anything he wants now. :cloud9:

I like the dogaware website and there is alot of information there on cancer if you want to check out all the links, Frenchy.

http://www.dogaware.com/specific.html#cancer

clm
December 21st, 2007, 07:59 PM
I didn't realize he had started losing weight too. You're right, it's good he was on the heavy side to start with.
He couldn't be in better hands for his last days.
How old do you think he is Frenchy?
Any chance he could be related to your Daisy somehow?

Cindy

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 08:04 PM
How old do you think he is Frenchy?
Any chance he could be related to your Daisy somehow?

Cindy

Even if I picked up Sam at the shelter 2 years ago (was due for euthanasia , he was one of my fosters) I am lucky he has a tattoo number. I exchanged a couple of e-mails with his breeder. He is from Alberta , it was his 10 th birthday last September. I'm Sam's third family. Daisy was from Quebec. I'm not sure I will tell his breeder , it will break her heart. Sam was from her first litter , she kept him 6 months to make sure she find the right family. She was very mad when she found out he had a second family that dumped him at a high kill shelter , at 8 yr old. :sad:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 08:10 PM
I wish Sheba had a tatoo so we could know her age too, but our vet thinks 10-12 years old and I tend to agree, mainly from the way she moves and acts. She's an old Lady, loving and loveable. Just don't lick her ears or sniff her bum if you're a dog and know what's good for you! Then she'll get the teeth out! OUCH :sad:

But with people she is fantastic, and with our cats she's a dream. On the chubby side, but not fat, just ... older. No pains, no troubles (touch wood), nothing wrong with her at all.

But Lewis said, the day she is no more, he doesn't want another Golden. No one will ever replace old Shebz (not a typo). If we do get a second dog, it'll be soemthing form a rescue place, possibly a little smaller in size (easier in the car) but knowing us we'll fall for the largest one there :laughing:

Still, it's years away!

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 08:15 PM
But Lewis said, the day she is no more, he doesn't want another Golden.

Sarah , I often think about that too. But I just couldn't , I love them too much. :cloud9: No dog cudles like a golden.

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 08:24 PM
Sometimes, too much! LOL. I think that's what I like the best about Dani, she can come and cuddle for a few minutes, get her hug, give me a little lick, then she's of to her side of the room again. Close, but not on top of me. Sheba is just a big "pot-de-colle" a glued 80-pound mass of love :) Don't get me wrong, I adore her, but there are days I wish she'd let me breathe ! :laughing:

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 08:29 PM
If you don't want a cuddler then don't get a yellow lab either. :cloud9:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 08:32 PM
Well, I go crazy over fur-balls and full vacuum bags, but I prefer dogs with long fur :D and you know, if the rescue we do go to (in the future!!!) has a gorgeous Golden, you know we're taking it home :laughing:

onster
December 21st, 2007, 09:06 PM
I'm so sorry about the news frenchy :sad:. :grouphug: I don't know what to say...we are currently going through the same with gramma...not fun at all :sad:

I will keep prayng for you both though, for the most wonderfull time ever for however long you have with him :pray: *hugs*

Shaykeija
December 21st, 2007, 09:41 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k246/annemarie70/plaatjes%20voor%20hyves/puppy.gif

I am so sorry to hear about Sam. Please give him a hug for me....:cry:

jiorji
December 21st, 2007, 10:45 PM
So Sam has 2 to 6 months to live.

oh wow :sad:

SARAH
December 21st, 2007, 10:47 PM
Plan for 6, live for 2! Cram all the goodest stuff you can into those 2 months, and keep cramming more into the next 2 and even more in the next 2, maybe he'll stick around for yet another 2 as a result!

t.pettet
December 21st, 2007, 10:52 PM
The best wishes for you and Sam at this very sad time. How very fortunate he was to have found you to love him.

shredy
December 21st, 2007, 10:53 PM
Frenchy, sometimes they really don't know how long you have. My vet told me we had weeks left with Shade and she lived for another 18 months... As this is familiar territory for you you already know to love him like crazy, spoil him rotten every chance you get, and remember that he was lucky to find you and you him :grouphug:

rainbow
December 21st, 2007, 10:56 PM
Plan for 6, live for 2! Cram all the goodest stuff you can into those 2 months, and keep cramming more into the next 2 and even more in the next 2, maybe he'll stick around for yet another 2 as a result!

I agree. :thumbs up The first husky that I lost to cancer was given 8 to 10 months to live. He lasted 22 months. It's amazing what the bond of love can do. :o

Frenchy
December 21st, 2007, 11:05 PM
Yes , I know , what scares me is his weight loss , it's dropping fast.

I already started to give him more treats :p and told him it was our little secret , he can't tell the others :)

Right now , I'm ok , I know I may not always be. I know it will kill me when he has to leave me. But for now , it's all about him , not me. He is such a good dog , I am so lucky to had the chance to foster / adopt him. :dog: :lovestruck:

x-mas will be hard , both my sister and brother love him a lot. And my sister is bringing both her goldens , Merlin is 12 yr old , might be his last x-mas. She asked me if I would prefer for her to leave them at her place , I said no way.

growler~GateKeeper
December 21st, 2007, 11:13 PM
:cry2: Oh Frenchy I'm so sorry about Sam :2huggers: :cry2:

14+kitties
December 21st, 2007, 11:15 PM
I am so sorry Frenchy. I suck at this condolence stuff! I hate it so much when this happens. I had to put my shepard/collie down last year because of C. I know the pain you are feeling. It sucks, sucks, sucks!!!!!!!!!!
It brings home just how precious life is. Live the rest of his life to the fullest. You will have so many good memories. I pray the doc was wrong about the time line and also the Sam does not suffer to much.

otter
December 21st, 2007, 11:32 PM
Awe Frenchy I'm so sorry the news wasn't good :sad:
I'm just distraught.
This just isn't fair! :yell:

Though, maybe this is why Sam choose you... he knew, long ago, that if this came up you would be the one who could deal with it and give him the best of the best life until his time. That's why when he came into your house, he knew he was staying :D I really do think we get the dogs we do for a reason... whatever that reason maybe (sometimes we never find out).

Again, if there is absolutely ANYTHING I can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for you and Sam

TeriM
December 22nd, 2007, 01:50 AM
So Sam has 2 to 6 months to live. He had lost 3 lbs on our visit 1 week 1/2 ago. Now he has lost 2 more. My vet said it's a good thing Sam was overweight. So now , I will add proteins in his diet , I already started to give him sardines. Will add some cooked ground beef too. And will cherish every moment with him.

:cry: I'm so sorry Frenchy :sad:. I know you will treasure your time together. You have changed his life so much for the better that he will be able to rest easy knowing how loved he will always be.

chico2
December 22nd, 2007, 08:38 AM
Frenchy,I feed my Rocky an extra meal in the middle of the day,because he's so skinny
We go in to my bedroom and close the door,so Vinnie won't hear the can,he's the chub of the catfamily,Chico could not care less.
I admire you greatly for loving and caring for older Goldens and Sam was literally saved from beeing euthanized because of you,he was lucky to find himself in the very best of homes.
Having your earlier experience with Daisy,you made the right choice for Sam,sparing him invasive,painful treatments.
His remaining time will be one of love and peace,add to that lots of gooddies and extra cuddles..as terribly sad as it is,I am glad he is in your care.

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 02:18 PM
Thanks again everyone. Shaykeija , those smileys are too cute !

So I bought Sam lots of sardines and beef liver (is liver high in proteins ? :confused:) and will get him ground beef too but will wait a bit , don't want to mixt too many meats all at once. He got some cheese while I was eating breakfast (something I never do) and he gets double the treats. The others are giving me the bad eye so I will have to sit down and explain everything to them ;)

pitgrrl
December 22nd, 2007, 02:47 PM
Although you probably already know this, I feel compelled to warn you that too much liver all at once can result in, how to put this delicately, a giant poop explosion.

I have to tell you, I love that you explain things to the dogs. This will probably make me sound like a total nutter, but I think they understand.....atleast the general idea.

hazelrunpack
December 22nd, 2007, 02:49 PM
Yep, liver has high protein...also lots of vitamin A, though, which is stored in fat tissue and can be toxic, so don't overdo... I hope someone can tell you how much is safe cuz hazel doesn't know :o

Cottage cheese is a good calorie booster, too, and dogs seem to love it! :dog:

CearaQC
December 22nd, 2007, 03:03 PM
I feed Belle the horizontal pre-sliced liver, the kind people buy for liver/onions. YUCK!! I can't stand the stuff and handle it all via knives and forks. Anyway, one of those slices goes down like a person eating an oyster, no chewing involved.

She eats it when I am able to obtain it...about twice a week on average. And with that amount, she's never had a butt explosion.

Thx for mentioning sardines. I gave Belle a couple and she went bonkers... I thought her tail was going to fly off because it was wagging so hard!

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 03:20 PM
I know Liver is very high in protein. When my mother had cancer, she used to have some once a week, because it was very good for the blood. I used to be anemic too, and my doctor would tell me to have it often. But I'm thinking you should find out how much to feed Sam.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 04:24 PM
Frenchy, check this out....

http://b-naturals.com/Jun2004.php

It is just one of the links from the dogaware site I gave you ( http://www.dogaware.com/specific.html#cancer ). There is also a link to Lew Olsen's email there if you have any specific questions. She is really good about answering. :thumbs up

brandynva
December 22nd, 2007, 04:34 PM
Our brood sends their wishes your way too. :pawprint: I have never experienced this type of loss before, so I can't understand, but I know how very sad it must be. Take lots of pictures and spoil him rotten, I know you will. :angel2: And you know this group here will always be available.

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 05:32 PM
I have to tell you, I love that you explain things to the dogs. This will probably make me sound like a total nutter, but I think they understand.....atleast the general idea.

Me too , I always think , what if they do understand ? I always tell my fosters that I'm only a foster home. I tell them I'm working on finding them a forever family . When I take them , or my own dogs to the vet , on our way there , in the car , I always explain what's going to happen over there and why :laughing:

SARAH
December 22nd, 2007, 05:40 PM
They DO understand. Maybe not every word, but they get the vibes and the tone of your voice.

I always talk to my animals, dogs, cats, birds, goats when I had those ... just the sheep, they never seemed to understand the slightest thing :frustrated:

I'm equally certain that they are telepathic, especially an animal you have a special connection with. I know Rafal and Spoutnik II would know and understand without my even saying anything!

Dani listens and knows what's going on when I tell her what I'm doing around the house, and that we'll go for a W once I've finished this or that. She'll patiently wait till I'm done. Sheba hears going for a W and is ready to go right away, no clue about what I need to finish first :D funny how different two dogs can be, living in the same house with the same rules and routines :D

Oh yes, W was a replacement for "walk" then we went with "w-a-l-k" but Dani figured that one out too. Not sure what we're going to use next :confused:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 06:32 PM
I'm guilty of the same. I talk to my 4 like they're people. Like they are understanding me.

As a matter of fact, Vlad and I just had a wonderful conversation in the kitchen on why he needs to listen to me and stop trying to walk on the stove. He just kept looking at me. I don't know if he understood me, but I sure as heck know he was listening to me.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 07:16 PM
I'm guilty of the same. I talk to my 4 like they're people. Like they are understanding me.

Me too. :D In fact, sometimes I even answer for them. :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 22nd, 2007, 07:27 PM
LOL, we are all either insane or know something non pet owners don't.

rainbow
December 22nd, 2007, 07:31 PM
I think non-pet owners would have me commited :crazy: ....even my hubby shakes his head at me. :D :rolleyes:

Frenchy
December 22nd, 2007, 08:09 PM

:laughing:

pitgrrl
December 22nd, 2007, 09:35 PM

What, your animals don't answer you themselves? Mine do, we totally understand each other, I swear :laughing:

chico2
December 23rd, 2007, 08:01 AM
In our household,hubby often yells from another room
Hubby:What did you say??
Answer,me:I was talking to the cats!
Hubby:Figures,who am I??A mere human:laughing:

SARAH
December 23rd, 2007, 08:24 AM
I think non-pet owners would have me commited :crazy: ....even my hubby shakes his head at me. :D :rolleyes:

I would rather have non-pet-owners commited, there must be something wrong with people who don't like animals!

If they can't have any because of land-lords, that's different. Allergies ... there are breeds to get around that problem, mostly.

What, your animals don't answer you themselves? Mine do, we totally understand each other, I swear :laughing:

I'd have real conversations with Spoutnik II, he had a very large vocabulary of different meows!

CHICO2 - too funny! Lewis also sometimes wonders who I'm talking to, but he understands because he does the same :laughing:

chico2
December 23rd, 2007, 08:53 AM
Sarah,so does hubby,he just does not want to admit to it:laughing: