Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

My Cat seems to have a cold...

PrincessKatie
December 7th, 2007, 05:57 PM
I'm not used to forums, so if I'm in the wrong place, I do apologize...

My cat seems to have a runny nose and she sneezes on occasion. When we got her about a year ago, she had a repertory infection, which she was over. She doesn't display any signs of loss of breathe, but I'm wondering if I should call my vet. Comments would be appreciated.:sick:

Thanks on behalf of Princess Katie

phoozles
December 7th, 2007, 06:04 PM
Hi, and welcome - we'd love to see some pictures of Princess Katie if you have any!

As for her cold - it sounds like she's got something wrong with her - the runny nose is definitely a sign of something along the lines of a URI. Is she an outdoor cat?

In any case, I would definitely give the vet a call and get her all fixed up.

Janie123
December 7th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I would. I had a cat that once had a cold and it turned into pneumonia. Luckily,he was still eating. I wouldn't wait because it moves fast.

krdahmer
December 8th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Ya I would give the vet a call... you never know if it's going to be a mild or severe URI... and you don't want to catch it too late.

rainbow
December 8th, 2007, 03:40 PM
I agree with everyone and would get your girl checked out by the vet. Good luck and please post with an update. :goodvibes:

And, btw, welcome to the forum and I also agree we'd love to see pics of Princess Katie. :cat: