Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dazy's new friend!

Ford Girl
December 7th, 2007, 01:32 PM
The other night we were in the off leash field in the back yard and it was dark out but light enough to play, with her flashing color of course! :D It had warmed up to about -9 for the first time in weeks, so we took Dazy out to play, and there seemed to be alot of dogs out there, they all acted like they had cabin fever, jumping and eating as much snow as possible! :laughing:

She met a golden girl named Goldie, who was from a rescue, her owners have had her about 5 weeks. She was about a year and a half and from a Mexican puppy mill! :sad: They were told they thought she had already had 2 litters! :eek: She was small for a golden, you could tell she was on her way to being happy and healthy, what a love bug!! They said her coat was filling in, she was gaining some weight! She had never seen or played in snow before!! :shrug: Can you imagine? Can you picture it? :dog:

I just thought I'd share cuz it's a bad story turned good, and so much fun to see this little golden girl roll and play in the snow, and jump around with another golden! She was so playful! They love to play with their kind, teethies and wrestling, topped off with a sprinkle of snow!! I hope we see them again! :lovestruck:

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 02:39 PM
You hear so many sad stories in the dog-runs, people who are nice and adopt poor things like Goldie and love them and bring them back to a real life of health and fun and love!

Imagine never having seen snow? I know it's hard to understand when you see the mounds of the stuff outside these days, but ... there are countries where they have no snow at all - shsss, it's a secret :D

If you do see her again, try to get some pics ;0 (yes, getting pic-obsession)

Ford Girl
December 7th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Imagine never having seen snow? I know it's hard to understand when you see the mounds of the stuff outside these days, but ... there are countries where they have no snow at all - shsss, it's a secret :D

If you do see her again, try to get some pics ;0 (yes, getting pic-obsession)

Ya, I know, some places don't get snow, but to me, goldens are made for snow! I know there are breeds around the world regardless of climate, but I couldn't imagine this poor thing in a kennel in Mexico!!! Wouldnt she be smoke'n hot? Her fur was thick too! Oh well, she sure has a better life now!

I will take pictures for sure! :cloud9:

rainbow
December 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
YAY for Goldie.....glad she now has the home she deserves. :thumbs up Looking forward to the pics next time. :D