Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

dog couldn't move

duke56762
December 7th, 2007, 07:57 AM
I let both my dogs outside this morning and went to go check on them about ten minutes after I let them out. The younger of the two dogs was standing over my 3 year old chocolate lab. She ran out all happy this morning when I let her out. When I went up to her she did not even move, so I took her to an overnight vet, he told me that she might have had an allergic reaction to a bit and she was running around and seemed fine. I toke her home and she was eating and doing everything fine. I really got a scare though she couldn’t even walk on her own for about 30 minutes, couldn’t even move, any one got an idea. I live in San Antonio, TX in a new house and having the bug guy come out tomorrow and spray seeing how there were a lot of bugs in the yard.

badger
December 7th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Make sure you find out how long you have to keep your dogs inside after your yard is sprayed. I'd google the product because sometimes people say 'no problem' when they don't really have a clue.

When your dog has these episodes, does he hurt anywhere you touch him, such as along his spine?

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 08:55 AM
I HATE BUGS :yell: :yell:

krdahmer
December 7th, 2007, 10:13 AM
You guys have some pretty scary bugs down there! I hope your pup recovers with no long term affects! :pray:

And definitely find out exactly what they use and how long before its safe to let the doggies out, and then wait an extra day to be sure...