Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Cat = Peeing on our shoes everytime it needs a toilet.

fisker
December 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
Right,

My mum has this cat... i hate it because it annoys the **** outta me... mainly because it doesnt shut the **** up... and secondly it keeps throwing up on things because it eats its food so fast, and it keeps pissing on my shoes, and everyone elses shoes...

Its pissed on my college bag which has all my work in... my shoes smell like piss all the time now... and im about to kill this ****ing dumb animal if it doesnt sort its self out.

I have 4 other cats, who i love... but this one is retarded.

It looks cute, its a tabby and its female.. it hates going out doors... because its scared... we have a cat litter tray downstairs for when we go out they can go to the toilet.

Can you help me train this cat before i kill it.

thx.

luckypenny
December 6th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Hmmmm, how about you try the following:

- feed her a higher quality wet cat food...smaller portions more often throughout the day to begin.
- have her spayed.
- thoroughly clean and put all your shoes/bookbags in a closet or a room she doesn't have access to.
- add another litter in the basement and at least one more upstairs...clean them out daily.

If none of the above works, or you are unwilling to attempt any of them...try running into a brick wall head first :wall: ...guaranteed all her problems will be resolved :D .

ancientgirl
December 6th, 2007, 07:20 PM
Luckypenny, what great suggestions ALL of them.

Masha
December 6th, 2007, 07:29 PM
If none of the above works, or you are unwilling to attempt any of them...try running into a brick wall head first :wall: ...guaranteed all her problems will be resolved :D .

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

I couldn't have said it better!! :thumbs up

want4rain
December 6th, 2007, 07:57 PM
If none of the above works, or you are unwilling to attempt any of them...why dont YOUtry running into a brick wall head first :wall: ...guaranteed all her problems will be resolved :D .

edited that a touch... for clarity.

-ashley

H.P.
December 6th, 2007, 08:41 PM
How old is she?

Look for patterns:

Does she ever use the litter box?

Did she use it in the past, but not now?

Will she use it right after it is cleaned, but not after one of the other cats has used it?

onster
December 6th, 2007, 09:30 PM
ummmm, all of the above.

She could be sick too, my male cat started peeing everywhere when he had an infection. If she's peeing everywhere (and new places where her scent isnt already there) id def. take her to the vet.

And chillout!

Boubou
December 6th, 2007, 11:45 PM
I had a cat when I lived at my mom's that did that. He suffered from FUS(feline urological syndrome) and was on a special diet. He even had the 'sex change' operation, where they shorten the urethra so it is more like a female. He peed everywhere; in our shoes, on our beds, pillows, the couches, sports bags, towels and clothes left on the floor, EVERYWHERE. It was especially embarrassing when we had company over, not to mention the lovely smell that cat urine leaves behind and is impossible to get out!

We also had 3 other cats that thankfully never took on this behavior. We did try adding multiple litter boxes, and we even went as far as confining him to a bedroom for 2 weeks to try to retrain him to use a litter box. Nothing worked. We eventually had to put him down due to his FUS, but I always wondered if we had rehomed him (yeah, like there are tons of homes waiting for a sickly, dirty cat!!) in a single cat home, would he have stopped this behavior?

Hopefully your cat is neutered and has either seen a vet about this or will in the near future. If the vet has ruled out anything physically wrong with your cat, then you know it's just behavioral. Perhaps trying to find him another home where there are no other cats might be the solution for him......

Janie123
December 7th, 2007, 12:09 AM
Maybe territorial? There is nothing worse then cat urine smell. For now,maybe you can find a spray to spray on your shoes and bags that will at least deter her from certain things.
and Chill out! :)

Dracko
December 7th, 2007, 12:18 AM
If none of the above works, or you are unwilling to attempt any of them...why dont YOUtry running into a brick wall head first ...guaranteed all her problems will be resolved .

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

You guys are too funny.

fisker
December 7th, 2007, 07:54 AM
thanks for your replys.

The cat is about 5/6 yrs old.

It just doesnt use the cat litter tray.. but everyone elses stuff... it has been noodered too

sugarcatmom
December 7th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Take her to the vet.

http://www.catinfo.org/litterbox.htm

Love4himies
December 7th, 2007, 08:32 AM
I agree, you need to rule out any physical disorders, this is not normal cat behaviour. A urninalysis and blood work should give you answers to that.

How often do you clean the litter boxes? She may like hers particularily clean. She may be reacting to stress too, how does she get along with the other cats? Is she being ambushed by one of the other cats when she uses the litter box? Are the shoes and college bag kept in the same area, if so try putting a litter pan there to see if she will use that instead of your shoes. Sounds like she is a very timid kitty and needs love, security and reassurance to calm her. Being angry with her may only be making the situation worse. She is not human and can't reason like us so please don't take it personally.

Jim Hall
December 7th, 2007, 08:52 AM
That is one stressed Kitty How long have you had her and ffrom where

Meowing means she has something to work out with you
eating fast is stress
So is peeing everywhere.
Or Is one sick kitty
Maybe y'all have.. one cat too many?
with 4 cats, im surprised you havent figured some of this out already.

chico2
December 7th, 2007, 09:31 AM
This is your MUMS cat:confused:and you have 4 others???
First off,your language would make your mom ashamed:yell:
Secondly,take this very stressed cat to a vet..
Third,buy Natures Miracle at the Pet-Store clean everything that has been peed on and put it away.
Fourth,you need more than ONE litterbox!!
Fifth,try the brickwall suggestion and calm down:wall::laughing:

14+kitties
December 7th, 2007, 09:51 AM
The poor baby needs some love and attention instead of the stress she is going through. Take her, PLEASE, to the vet and have her checked out. Maybe they could find her a home where she will be loved and cherished. :sad:

krdahmer
December 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
:wall:I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are very young, otherwise I would have some choice words for your ignorance (both in appropriate language for a public forum and responsible pet ownership).

Take some of the advice offered here and pass it on to your mother. Adding a litter box, keeping them properly cleaned, as well as properly cleaning soiled items and restricting access to them may very well solve your problem and if it doesn't she most definitely needs to see a vet.

As for your poor kitty, get over yourself, if you think some inappropriate eliminating is stressful, imagine being hated and neglected by your owner!:frustrated:

Longblades
December 7th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Just thinking out loud here, because I really don't know, BUT ......

The shoes are wrecked anyway so I would try putting a "used" shoe in the litter box and placing the litter box where the shoes normally go. Hide all the other shoes. If this works and gets kitty to use the box then I would try to move the box to where you want it. Keep hiding the shoes.

You really have to get rid of all those "used" shoes. You are not going to wear them anyway. ARE YOU? :yuck: Now they smell like a litter box and kitty thinks they are the place to go. You must make sure there is no kitty urine odour anywhere but where you want her to go.

fisker
December 8th, 2007, 02:29 PM
ya we got 5 cats due to my sisters when they were younger kept bringing them in the house and then when they moved out... they left them here for us...

That cat has more attention then any other cat, and the reason why im so mad.. because when i go into college the next day and my teacher asking me why i dont have her assignment and me having to say ... well my cat pissed on it.

I guess im kinda young... 18

I dont hate the cat, but sometimes it just drives me up the wall.

Il get mum to take her to the vet.

rainbow
December 8th, 2007, 03:25 PM
This is your MUMS cat:confused:and you have 4 others???
First off,your language would make your mom ashamed:yell:
Secondly,take this very stressed cat to a vet..
Third,buy Natures Miracle at the Pet-Store clean everything that has been peed on and put it away.
Fourth,you need more than ONE litterbox!!
Fifth,try the brickwall suggestion and calm down:wall::laughing:

Well said, Chico. :thumbs up

Fisker, I can understand your frustration but that is not the way to come across on a pet forum. Your cat definitely needs to be checked out by the vet and hope your mother does so. Make sure you get at least one more littlerbox. I have two cats and two litterboxes. Some cats just like their own. Good luck and let us know the outcome. :goodvibes:

breeze
December 8th, 2007, 03:33 PM
because when i go into college the next day and my teacher asking me why i dont have her assignment and me having to say ... well my cat pissed on it.

I guess im kinda young... 18

I dont hate the cat, but sometimes it just drives me up the wall.

I think it's time to put you assigments where the cat can't get at it or your bag for that matter.. maybe behind closed doors and you can try putting your shoes there also......
and you could try and use an other word than p***** maybe like peed or peeing. less harsh :thumbs up

H.P.
December 8th, 2007, 09:22 PM
It just doesnt use the cat litter tray

Once he is cleared of physical problems, you may want to try a different type of litter there are many choices, pine, paper, clay, crystals, etc. There is even one that is supposed to entice cats to go there, sorry, but the name escapes me right now. Good luck.

Longblades
December 9th, 2007, 08:04 PM
I can't believe I missed this before. The rule of thumb is one litter box per cat. So you need five. Most cats like to have their own. I actually have two cats who share. They both urinate in one and defecate in the other. So I still need one litter box per cat. Adding a couple of boxes might be a cheap thing to try.

thatdaveguy
December 9th, 2007, 08:21 PM
you could also put the shoes into a closet :lightbulb: