Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

mistakes

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 04:28 PM
some of you guys know I am very bad at spelling and it seems that when I click on the spell check it does not work.. I mean nothing happens and I know I have spelled the word wrong..

but I was wondering is there a way to correct spelling in the title after it is posted?? I know you can edit what you have posted but not the title..

I posted a thread called happy hannukkah it was supose to be "Hanukkah" but I can't correct it....

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 04:31 PM
No worries Breeze :)

You should see some of the e-mails I get from Lewis during the day :laughing: your posts are NOTHING compared to some of the words he comes up with, like today ... "Saturday" came out as "ta" :eek: now go figure why!?

We all make mistakes, so what? :shrug:

:grouphug:

marko
December 6th, 2007, 04:52 PM
Very odd Breeze - The inline speller, which is in the upper right hand box of the reply box (where it says ABC really small) works for me in both IE and firefox on vista and XP.

You just type the reply and then click that icon BEFORE you actually post and it finds the errors.

Of course you can also use google's speller (which I love) if you download the google toolbar.

If you PM me or post the link to the thread - it's more than my pleasure to correct this for you.

Are any other members having trouble with it?

Thanks

Marko

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 04:56 PM
So there is no way we can fix the Title by ourselves??

it's really no biggy, most people know that I'm a bad speller, and they just except me for being me.. :lovestruck:

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 05:11 PM
So there is no way we can fix the Title by ourselves??

it's really no biggy, most people know that I'm a bad speller, and they just except me for being me.. :lovestruck:

We love you Breeze :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2007, 08:10 PM
My reply box doesn't have a small ABC in the upper right-hand corner, marko--I think the extreme right edge is cut off because I'm missing a row of icons, too. They show up if I edit, but not when I reply to a post. :shrug:

I think breeze is also missing the extreme right column of icons, too, aren't you, breeze? No Canadian flag or crossed fingers, etc...?

Are we set up wrong?

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 08:19 PM
hazel I have the small abc just does not seem to work....

it's just when I make a spelling mistake in the title it bothers me a little....
you post it then you find the mistake

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah...that's why I've learned the fine art of bugging marko. :D He fixes titles good. :thumbs up

I'm pretty sure that the first title (the one that sets the name of the thread) is somehow "special". So "special", in fact, that a really special person has to fix it if it's broke. :D Someone like marko! :thumbs up

:D

Frenchy
December 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
Breeze , when I downloaded Firefox , it came with a "spelling helper" and every time I make a spelling mistake , it highlights the word (sometime I just leave it with the mistake because that's the only way I know how to write it :p) maybe you could find something like it ?

But really , you can't be worst than me :p as long as people understand us :shrug:

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 08:45 PM
I will remember that or have Mike spell the word for me :laughing::laughing:

until then we will deal with my bad spelling :thumbs up

Frenchy
December 6th, 2007, 08:46 PM
until then we will deal with my bad spelling :thumbs up

Just say Bree did it :shrug:

:dog:

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 08:49 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

but then "SHE would get all the credits :sad::sad:

Frenchy
December 6th, 2007, 08:58 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

but then "SHE would get all the credits :sad::sad:

Maybe but you thought (teach) her ? You ! :D

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2007, 08:59 PM
:laughing:

Frankly, spelling doesn't matter much! Azz lohng az eye kin mak owt thuh jist uv itt, bee azz kreeaytif azz u wont! :p :laugh:

I've learned, though, that if I let Macie :dog: do the typing, even madame hazel and her crystal ball can't make out the jist of it! :laughing:

breeze
December 6th, 2007, 09:07 PM
ok I made out half of it the last part you have lost me.....

and thats without my glasses:laughing::laughing:

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 09:14 PM
The main reason for any language, is to help people communicate. I think we're all doing pretty well here :thumbs up

yeah, even you Hazel, with your creative "Azz lohng az eye kin mak owt thuh jist uv itt, bee azz kreeaytif azz u wont!" :laughing: didn't manage to throw me though! and I'm not even a native English-speaker, being half Norwegian and half French!

'nite ;) :sleepy:

Frenchy
December 6th, 2007, 09:30 PM
The main reason for any language, is to help people communicate. I think we're all doing pretty well here :thumbs up

Us ? Communicate ? I don't know what you're talking about :rolleyes:

hazelrunpack
December 6th, 2007, 09:32 PM

yeah, even you Hazel, with your creative "Azz lohng az eye kin mak owt thuh jist uv itt, bee azz kreeaytif azz u wont!" :laughing: didn't manage to throw me though! and I'm not even a native English-speaker, being half Norwegian and half French!

'nite ;) :sleepy:

that explains it, then. hazel is norwegian and me and madame hazel take care of the most of the rest of Europe and North America. :laughing:

marko
December 7th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Thread titles can only be modified by admins and mods....it's true.

It makes it easier for all members to finds threads when their titles are changed as infrequently as possible.

But it's my pleasure, or ask any mod when they are on.

Thanks!

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 09:50 AM
that explains it, then. hazel is norwegian and me and madame hazel take care of the most of the rest of Europe and North America. :laughing:

Oh yeah?

Seems to me we'll need a thread where we tell our age and origin soon!

breeze
December 7th, 2007, 09:57 AM
Thanks Marko.....:thumbs up:thumbs up

ancientgirl
December 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Breeze , when I downloaded Firefox , it came with a "spelling helper" and every time I make a spelling mistake , it highlights the word (sometime I just leave it with the mistake because that's the only way I know how to write it :p) maybe you could find something like it ?

But really , you can't be worst than me :p as long as people understand us :shrug:

I have Firefox too, and that's one of the things I love about it.

Heck, I don't worry too much about a misspelled word when I read a post. I know it's usually because someone was typing fast or you get distracted or whatever.

Please, you should see my niece and nephew's Myspace page. Talk about misspelled words!