Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

You have to see this

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 06:58 AM
http://www.zoo-berlin.de/erleben/jungtiere/eisbaer-knut/videos.html never mind that it's a German site, you don't need languages to "get" this little video! He's so cute, Knut :angel:

happycats
December 6th, 2007, 07:21 AM
OMG he is sooooo cute!!! I would LOVE to swim whith that cute little guy!!:lovestruck:

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Well ... he's one year old now and 109 lbs ... I think it`s best to stay out of his pool!

happycats
December 6th, 2007, 08:25 AM
Well ... he's one year old now and 109 lbs ... I think it`s best to stay out of his pool!

I wouldn't go near him now!!:eek: He'd think I was dinner!!
But they are so cute when they're young!

Did you see that whole documentary on those 2 little ones born in the States (Klondike and Snow) I think the names were?
They had to be hand raised by the zoo staff (they were really sick and almost died) It was such an amazing show, and the guy who raised them was crying in the end when they were sent to a new zoo.

chico2
December 6th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Happycats,I saw that show:lovestruck:little Knut is really cute,I'd swim with him:laughing:
The problem with Polar-Bears and global warming is really sad,soon Zoos is the only place we'll see them:sad:and I cannot handle Zoos..

ancientgirl
December 6th, 2007, 09:24 AM
He's such a cutie. It really is sad about global warming. But the same thing is happening with Tigers. Not due to global warming, but because of all the poaching.

If a zoo is the only place to keep these animals safe and from extinction then I think its something that needs to be done.

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 09:30 AM
And it depends on the zoos too. There is one I know of in France (near Lisieux in Calvados, Normandie) called CERZA which I think is short for a long name, but anyway, they have a huge valley with large fenced-in areas for each type of animal. :cloud9: There's a North America enclosure with all grass-eaters in one enclosure and the meat-eaters each in separate ones; same for Asia and Africa. They even had the white Siberian tiger and got cubs! They were just adorable!

But then you have the wanna-be zoos, with small concrete cages and heavy bars :sad: :frustrated:

Those two little bears, were they the ones sent to the Quebec zoo? I saw one show where they sent polar bear(s) there, and then last year I heard that zoo closed ... where did the animals go :yell: ??

marko
December 6th, 2007, 09:52 AM
OMG - so cute...100% adorable!

I want one - where can I get one :D :evil: Do they shed?

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 10:01 AM
THEY SHED, big time!

(my parents had a skin on the floor far years, from when the hunting was still legal)

You want one? Try Spitzbergen :laughing:

Frenchy
December 6th, 2007, 12:39 PM
Did you see that whole documentary on those 2 little ones born in the States (Klondike and Snow) I think the names were?
They had to be hand raised by the zoo staff (they were really sick and almost died) It was such an amazing show, and the guy who raised them was crying in the end when they were sent to a new zoo.

I did , many times ! :cloud9: I looooved it ! (when one of the foster parents brings them home and let them play on her bed !!! :cloud9:)

rainbow
December 6th, 2007, 02:32 PM
OMG - so cute...100% adorable!

I want one - where can I get one :D :evil: Do they shed?

:laughing: ....too funny Marko. :D

Sarah, I loved the video :cloud9: ....thanks for sharing. :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 7th, 2007, 01:13 AM
I http://www.websmileys.com/sm/love/1273.gif Polar Bears :cloud9:

He looks so much bigger when he's swimming than when you see him above water. I'd like to swim w/him :D

Shadowkins
December 7th, 2007, 07:35 AM
Yes, I saw him on CBC Newsworld! Isn't he the cutest bear...got to love the candle he got on top of his cake too. :D

chico2
December 7th, 2007, 08:45 AM
When we were visiting "at home"in Stockholm,Sweden,we went to their huge Zoo,mostly to see the Wolves,whom I find fascinating and beautiful.
The look of hopelessness in their eyes(I was looking with binoculars)as they were just laying around,brought me to tears:sad:
At the Toronto Zoo,they had an Ozelot alone in a very small enclosure,stinking of catpee and that was my last visit to any Zoo.
I know some are trying their best to make life good for the animals,are trying to save them from extinction,which is a good thing,but the real problem is not going to be solved by building Zoo's.

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Hei, er du svensk!?? Too funny!

happycats
December 7th, 2007, 12:58 PM
The Bowmanville zoo has Tigers, that get revenge:evil: with man (for keeping them in a small enclosure) and spray many visitors!!! :D
I couldn't believe how much and how far that Tiger sprayed....and the STINK!!:yuck: You could see how proud he was after doing it, I'm sure it's his only form of entertainment!!

sorry for going soooo off topic:o

I do love polar bears though, they are sooo beautiful.

chico2
December 7th, 2007, 05:11 PM
:offtopic:Ja Sarah jag är svensk(yes Sarah,I am Swedish)but now proud to be Canadian:thumbs up
Hubby is from Toulouse,France,excellent mix!!