Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Already suffering withdrawl symptoms!

BusterBoo
December 5th, 2007, 05:52 PM
Well, Thursday we head out to Montreal, then 8:00 am on Friday we are on the plane for Mexico!

It all sounds so great......sun, sand, more sun, more sand....TEQUILA!!!! ....but I am so worried about leaving Buster! He will be at home with my hubby, but I have never left him alone before (he is 20 months old!). I am not worried about hubby and his daughter, or the house (well, a bit worried about the house too), but I know that I will be worrying if Buster is eating, sleeping, playing etc etc.

I will definitely phone home once but have heard that it's really hard to get a good phone line from Mexico to Canada????

Also, what will I do without the computer?? No doggie forums for over a week? No doggie pictures!!!

Does everyone else worry like this or is it just me???? :shrug:

Hope everyone has a great week and for those of you in the snowbelt, I hope it isn't TOO bad! :laughing:

Frenchy
December 5th, 2007, 08:06 PM
Does everyone else worry like this or is it just me???? :shrug:

Same here , that's why I never go anywhere ... that and the lack of money :laughing:

You won't miss the computer over there , you will be too busy enjoying the beach and ocean and the weather !!! :cloud9: As for Buster , bring pictures of him with you. So have a good trip and enjoy !!

Lukka'sma
December 5th, 2007, 08:16 PM
I think all of us feel that we are the only one who can care for our animals properly:laughing::laughing:, even when I am at work I call home to see if daddy is looking after Lukka the way I want him to:D, I will ask him to freshen her water and take some time to brush her (all of which he does, he adores every inch of her), but I still call......every night.......even though there really isn't any reason to:D
Going away for a week would be hard for me too, for most of us on this board I would say (well now that I have you feeling so much better, enjoy yourself)
I'm just gonna shut up now before I dig a bigger hole.

CearaQC
December 5th, 2007, 08:23 PM
I don't blame you for being worried when leaving your man at home. Been there, done that and came home to a burned and ruined saucepan and a broken electric kettle, and heard tales of ruined dinners as well. lol

I'm sure everything will be fine. And you are going to have such a swell time in warmer places!

Can't wait to hear of your Mexican adventures when you return.

Bon Voyage!

BusterBoo
December 5th, 2007, 08:34 PM
Glad to hear I am not alone! :laughing:

The last time hubby and I went away, we came home to a house that had been trashed.....his daughter and friends...but you know...she couldn't control her friends.... :wall:

Anyways, the house can be repaired, but my Buster needs to be happy when I am gone! He keeps following me around tonight, my suitcase is in the spare bedroom but he knows something is going on. :shrug:

I will definitely bring home pictures of my time away! :D

TeriM
December 6th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Count me in with the pathetic others :D. I was just away for the weekend with one of the dogs. The other dog and the cats stayed with hubby and I know that he is fabulous with them and loves them but I still fuss about leaving them :o.

If you plan on phoning from Mexico then make sure you buy the local long distance cards from there. It will save you a fortune!

rainbow
December 6th, 2007, 12:48 AM
All I can say is .........I wish I was going. :yell:

Have a good safe trip :goodvibes: and looking forward to the pics. :D