Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Am I crazy???

Heather MH
June 2nd, 2004, 04:37 PM
Is it weird that I booked my two pups into the vet for a check up???

I just want to make sure they are growing properly and are good... I don't know? Should dogs get check ups? When there is no real reason for it? :)

They are 9 month old border collies, and I got thinking about it because I think the female Daisy is a little on the skinny side.

Is this the pinacle of being a crazy, worry wort mom?

Goldenmom
June 2nd, 2004, 04:48 PM
Boy, do many of us wish there were more responsible animal owners out there like you!

You can never be too much of a worry wart when it comes to your furbabies. If you think something isn't quite right, by all means take them in and have them checked. It will ease your mind. Maybe the one pup does need more food?? Your vet will be able to tell you.

Good luck!

Heather

Heather MH
June 2nd, 2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks

I was worried about her weight. So I started standing with them to make sure one isn't stealing from the other :D I just thought it would be good to take Chevy as well. Just to make sure !!!

Thanks for verifying that I'm not crazy. The girl that answered the phone when I called to book the appointment asked if they need vac or what. I said no I just want them to have a check up. She paused slightly so I was just wondering if maybe it wasn't the norm. I figure you can't be to safe.

Goldenmom
June 2nd, 2004, 04:58 PM
You figured right and good for you!

Its true about the food stealing too! Never can be too careful with more than one animal around.

Heather

Richard62
June 2nd, 2004, 05:43 PM
Heather I do the same nothing wrong with that. Loving our pets we will do what ever it takes to keep them healthy. I take mine to the vet three times a year just to make sure they are in good health.Our pets are just like kids.