Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy fix

CearaQC
December 3rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
Well I felt guilty not posting new pics and instead of waiting until their 3rd week birthday, I took some photos today. Lighting is terrible inside the house and I hate all the shiny retinas. They look much cuter in person... the pics don't do them justice. Times like these make me wish we owned a video camera. :wall:

Help me!

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0002-5.jpg'

Being a mom is hard work...

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0003-5.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0008-4.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0011-1.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0012.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0013-3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0014-3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0015-2.jpg

breeze
December 3rd, 2007, 02:16 PM
what are you talking about the lighting is great..
and so are the pictures of thoses cute tubby little pups and mom looks so good.....
give yourself a big hug :grouphug::highfive:for doing a great job with all of them and for taking great pictures !!!!!!:thumbs up:cloud9::lovestruck:

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2007, 02:24 PM
omg you're killing me :cloud9: mom looks so much better than the first day you got her !!! And the puppies are sooo big ! :thumbs up

BusterBoo
December 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
OMG! You are killing me here! Those puppies are sooooo sweet and I can just imagine seeing all of them (trying to) running around. They all look so healthy and Mom is looking great!

Do you have homes for any of them yet? I bet it will be difficult to say goodbye when the time comes :cry:

ancientgirl
December 3rd, 2007, 02:39 PM
There are so many of them, and each one more adorable than the next.:cloud9:

CearaQC
December 3rd, 2007, 02:51 PM
Thank you!! :grouphug:

Belle is VERY spoiled. Food, treats, lovin' from people, cuddle times, lots of brushing and walks.

Today she found deer tracks and hare tracks in the field and snorted all the imprints and wanted to follow the trails. Normally I wouldn't allow a doggie to walk in front, but I figured it would be good for her mentally since at her old home she lived on a very short chain tied to a tree and lacked mental stimulation. :sad:

The pups are starting to respond to sounds and I woke them up with a squeaky toy for the pictures.

Right now, 8 people are interested and none of them have seen the pups. We are definitely keeping one for sure, and if finances allow, we'll keep 2. The black female and one of the blondies.

They really make us laugh. Some of their barks sounds like YEEOW!

marlasmemory
December 3rd, 2007, 02:55 PM
Oh what beautiful puppies! I love the black one!

JanM
December 3rd, 2007, 03:01 PM
They all look absolutely great! Good job!

phoozles
December 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
So cute - and so big already! Poor Belle during feeding time! :D

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
I like the dark brown one , I mean , if I had to choose :rolleyes:

jiorji
December 3rd, 2007, 04:03 PM
I WANT!! I WANT!!!!
:yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell::yell:

chico2
December 3rd, 2007, 04:18 PM
Now you have,Busterboo,Frenchy and me on your conscience,because those pics are killing me too.:laughing:
Belle looks wonderful,but boy does she have a job with 10 puppies:dog:
I envy you,they must be sooo much fun,work too of course,but it must be all worth it,you saved all their lives,I am sure:thumbs up

happycats
December 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM
I like the dark brown one , I mean , if I had to choose :rolleyes:

Me too Me toooooo!!!

Frenchy and I get dibs on the brown ones......uummmmm if we had to choose:D

Luba
December 3rd, 2007, 06:44 PM
You are doing a great job being second mom to them and 'first' mom to Belle!She looks so much better then she did, fantastic job on this, congratulations.

BusterBoo
December 3rd, 2007, 07:56 PM
OK....stupid question time......:sorry:

what happens if the momma dog doesn't have enough milk for all the babies??? Can 10 puppies actually feed at the same time???? Do you have to hand feed any of the babies?

sorry, I have never had a dog that had puppies I have always had males.... :sorry:

luckypenny
December 3rd, 2007, 09:03 PM
WOW! I can't get over how big the pups are! They're gorgeous :cloud9: ! Are you feeding Mom 'superfood' or what? She's doing great!

BusterBoo, that's not a stupid question...I always say that asking questions is a sign of intelligence ;) . I'm curious too, CearaQc; are you supplementing or is Bella managing just fine?

clm
December 3rd, 2007, 09:07 PM
Sorry, but the brown one with the black mask is mine, mine mine :laughing:

How I wish I had the strength to do a third puppy. :cloud9:

Cindy

shredy
December 3rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
Soooo!!!!!!! Cute!!!!!!!!! I have a puppy here, but I still want another one!!!!!

clm
December 3rd, 2007, 09:19 PM
It's too bad none of them have moms colour. She's such a beautiful dog.

Cindy

CearaQC
December 3rd, 2007, 11:30 PM
I tried to supplement the pups. They just don't like it and nothing replaces mom for them, although they do respond to people and like to be cuddled.

growler~GateKeeper
December 4th, 2007, 12:10 AM
Wow :eek: they are getting so big :lovestruck:

I do not know how you could ever leave them alone to get anything done! I'd be playing with them all day long :cloud9:

rainbow
December 5th, 2007, 12:12 AM
Oh look at those fat little dumplings :lovestruck: and they're going to be soooo cute when they first start running around. :cloud9:

TeriM
December 5th, 2007, 01:26 AM
OMG they just keep getting cuter everytime I see them :lovestruck:.

Love4himies
December 5th, 2007, 08:03 AM
Oh I am in puppy heaven :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. Just had everyone in the office looking. You and momma are doing an excellent job!

CearaQC
December 5th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Today is their 3 week birthday!

Yesterday when we let them out to play and get exercise, many started wagging tails for the first time! Play time doesn't last long until they tucker out. :laughing:

They just woke up and are practicing growling and barking with each other.

After I have coffee, heading out for mom's potty to see how much snow we got last night and then let them loose for some morning fun.

TeriM
December 6th, 2007, 12:45 AM
We definately need some playtime shots :D.

rainbow
December 6th, 2007, 12:58 AM
I agree. :thumbs up Any chance for videos? :fingerscr :D

CearaQC
December 6th, 2007, 03:16 AM
Unfortunately, no video camera. :sad:

krdahmer
December 6th, 2007, 12:58 PM
That is a big old pile of cute right there!!! I can't imagine poor Belle at feedin time... what a job! Kinda :offtopic: but do animals ever have more offspring than boobies? I know that my kitties (all altered and not having babies mind you) all have different amounts of boobs... do dogs too? 10 just seems like a lot to have all at once!:eek::D

jiorji
December 6th, 2007, 01:59 PM
ummm.....methinks it's time for a NEW puppy fix thread...you know...with NEW pictures???:D:D

jiorji
December 6th, 2007, 02:01 PM
That is a big old pile of cute right there!!! I can't imagine poor Belle at feedin time... what a job! Kinda :offtopic: but do animals ever have more offspring than boobies? I know that my kitties (all altered and not having babies mind you) all have different amounts of boobs... do dogs too? 10 just seems like a lot to have all at once!:eek::D

i think that they do or i can't find any other explanation as to why some pups end up being smaller than others cos they don't get enough food.:shrug:

H.P.
December 6th, 2007, 08:48 PM
Ooohhh! So cute! (I love puppies, but Sydney is scared of them)

do animals ever have more offspring than boobies?

Yes, Sydney was one of 13, and mom "only had 8 bottles" as her rescuer put it.

CearaQC
December 6th, 2007, 08:51 PM
hehe I'll take some new pics in the next day or so. Someone requested a couple of pics of Belle for something else so I need to get that done. Did some brushing tonite to prepare. :laughing: Gotta make a girl look pretty, right?

She has 10 nipples, and 10 puppies.

Now, I've looked at other examples online to compare puppy growth and came across a few Goldens having 12 pups. Whether they have 12 teats, beats me. I just know there's a perfect amount in our case.

One pup is a little bit behind in growth and he took the longest to come around after birth, so he's getting supplemented. But the others are doing just fine! I would supplement more but the rest of them just gnaw on the bottle nipple, don't suck and just end up fussy. They don't understand the bottle. :shrug: