Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Name me some rescues in QC

brianna079
December 3rd, 2007, 08:19 AM
So, our wonderful 6 month old Doberman is coming along wonderfully (we've gotten past the socializing classes, level 1 at puppy school, no messes in the house, etc...thank you to all who encouraged me to start with the crating!!!!), and my husband & I have just bought our first house!! we should be relocated in Feb 2008, and keep thinking we want another dog. As much as I would LOVE to get another doberman, we would like to look into some rescues.

can anyone give me names / websites to some local rescues? we are currently in montreal, but are moving to the laurentians, but anywhere within a 2 hour radius would be fine.

Rottielover
December 3rd, 2007, 08:26 AM
Honestly I would wait until your dobbie is about 2 years to 2 1/2 years before introducing another dog into the house.
At this age the personality is not fully developed, nor is the training remotely done.
I would concentrate of bringing up your dobie to be a great canine citizen first, then work with another rescue. He/she is very much still a puppy, enjoy those days first.