Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

SPOUTNIK 2-and-a-half months old

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 04:57 PM
OK, here goes, I shall attempt a picture posting (don't shoot me if I don't get it right! :pray: )

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 05:00 PM
Admittedly, Lewis was behind me telling me what to do :o so now I shall attempt a few more, by myself.

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
Have stacks more, only yesterday we took 25 pics! But all the others are too big! :wall:

Frenchy
December 2nd, 2007, 05:01 PM
omg he's so small ! And cute ! :lovestruck: Looks like the kittens in the toilet paper commercial from a couple years ago !

Frenchy
December 2nd, 2007, 05:02 PM
Have stacks more, only yesterday we took 25 pics! But all the others are too big! :wall:

I use "photofiltre" to resize them. It's pretty easy :thumbs up

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 05:04 PM
I use "photofiltre" to resize them. It's pretty easy :thumbs up

where do I get that program? And who says I'll figure out how to use it, lol, easy on the computer doesn't exist!

Frenchy
December 2nd, 2007, 05:15 PM
where do I get that program? And who says I'll figure out how to use it,

Me ! because if I can figure this out , anyone can :laughing: google "photofiltre" and download it , it's free :thumbs up Once it's downloaded , if you need help just pm me.

chico2
December 2nd, 2007, 05:16 PM
OMG,OMG is he ever cute:lovestruck:
All these kittens on the Forum makes me want one soooo badly,can't have one:cry:

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 05:18 PM
Thanks! I'll have a look - probably not till tomorrow, it's getting close to TV-cuddle-time. Used to be 2 humans, a cat and two dogs on that angle-couch, now there's going to be two of each kind :D
3 more of the small pics :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 2nd, 2007, 07:19 PM
OMG :lovestruck: OMG :lovestruck:

He is just ADORABLE :lovestruck:

I love the markings on his face :lovestruck:

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 07:37 PM
OMG he's adorable :lovestruck: and looks like he has Misti's approval too. :thumbs up

SARAH
December 2nd, 2007, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Misti was the last to come around. But when Lewis put two brown paper shopping bags on the floor ... Misti loves playing inside paper bags! In she went, and we put Spoutnik in the other, both openings facing eachother, and they would dar out and "throw a punch" at eachother and dart back in just as fast :laughing:

Then when we got the new bed home and Misti saw that she would have hers in peace ... she was ok.

Sheba barked at him Friday night and Saturday morning. Scared the poor litle thing so he hissed and spat to set himself in respect (yeah right :laughing: ) but once she had smelled his bum and realized he was just a teeny-weeny baby, she stopped being angry with him. Now he slaloms between her legs and plays with her hanging belly-fur above his head :angel:

Dani just nudges with her nose. The trouble is, she nudges as she would Misti, so the little one is regularly sent rolling across the floor or dumping down off an arm rest.

Do we need to pay to go to a circus? :censored: no :laughing:

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 08:21 PM
Awww, you must be having such a great time with them right now.....there's nothing like a baby kitty to bring everyone together. :cloud9:

chico2
December 3rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
Sarah I bought that same bed at Costco last year,of course it's now just taking up space on the floor,but they liked it for a while,here it is...

lewisw
December 3rd, 2007, 11:49 AM
Just downloaded photofiltre so here are some more pics .
I'll show Sarah how to use it when I get home but the first one is my favorite picture so far.

lewisw
December 3rd, 2007, 11:52 AM
Me ! because if I can figure this out , anyone can :laughing: google "photofiltre" and download it , it's free :thumbs up Once it's downloaded , if you need help just pm me.

Frenchy,
Don't take away my job I'm the official Sarah pc helper :)

SARAH
December 3rd, 2007, 12:31 PM
Chico, that's the exact bed! Misti loved it as a house when she was little, now she prefers it as a bed. That's fine, at least it's being used!

Was it you who had a catnip scratcher in a pic I saw yesterday? Where did you find it? We have a sisal rope cone-shaped scratcher upstairs, but we'd lika to have another one downstairs to make sure all 120 claws stay well off the sofa! (OK, 120 is a slight exaggeration for 2 cats :D)

The cone one I had to mount on an extra platform, heavier! Misti was pulling it on top of her when she tried to scratch poor pussycat. Now she's happy with it again. Spoutnik hasn't figured it out yet :)

14+kitties
December 3rd, 2007, 01:02 PM
I LOVE his little black beard!!!!! So cute!
Oh, and I DO have 1280 kitty claws!! And 40 doggie ones too. :laughing::laughing:

lewisw
December 3rd, 2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Our6ygKslIc

Killing a napkin :)

Frenchy
December 3rd, 2007, 03:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Our6ygKslIc

Killing a napkin :)

He's too cute ! :laughing: I can see Sheba was real interested too :D

SARAH
December 3rd, 2007, 03:19 PM
Toooo funny, today he "helped" me change the bed, "killing" the pillow cases! Then he went under the bed and attacked my toes from behind the bed-skirt before he did the same to Dani's nose :) then he went to his bed-house to sleep for a few hours! Thank god babies sleep a lot, regardless of what they are (animal or human) :laughing:

ancientgirl
December 3rd, 2007, 03:41 PM
Aww, he's adorable! All of the pictures are just wonderful!

chico2
December 3rd, 2007, 05:07 PM
OMG.he is soooo cute,love his markings and the dogs watching,that's just adorable:lovestruck:
Sarah,the scratcher you can get anywhere,I bought mine at Wal-Mart,the cheapest place,then I have some dried cat-nip I sprinkle on it,but even without the cat-nip,they all use it a lot..
When it gets too ratty you just get a re-fill.

SARAH
December 3rd, 2007, 05:27 PM
Great, thanks :)

No WallMart near us, but there is one close to Lewis' office, I'll send him on a misson!

hazelrunpack
December 3rd, 2007, 06:07 PM
He's adorable! At least he is in the couple of pictures that I was able to download (:D no, Sarah...you did it right--I just don't have a robust enough connection to easily download pics, and videos are about hopeless :rolleyes:)

Sounds like he's a little clown! :laughing: Must be fun to watch him in action!

lewisw
December 4th, 2007, 07:17 AM
Poor little Spoutnik! No milk L
Sweet Sheba, letting him try J
Sarah

chico2
December 4th, 2007, 07:51 AM
OMG Sarah:cloud9:

Lukka'sma
December 4th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Spoutnik = :cloud9:

SARAH
December 4th, 2007, 08:37 AM
Well, I warmed a little milk and spoon fed him threee tsp of it before he protested and wiggled away :) been sleeping since :angel:

Love4himies
December 4th, 2007, 08:39 AM
What a furry ball of cutieness :cloud9:. They each have their own paper bags :laughing:. great idea.

SARAH
December 4th, 2007, 08:44 AM
Paper bags, you know, the brown, solid, grocery type bags? Heaven for a cat! They hide in them, pounce on the other's bag - preferably when it's occupied - and make all the noise they can with them, even front-paw-surf (Misti) across the tiled floor :laughing:

But it's been quiet for an hour or so now, I actually get to do a little work (yayy).

meb999
December 4th, 2007, 09:43 AM
She's too cute for words!!

Frenchy
December 4th, 2007, 12:53 PM
Poor little Spoutnik! No milk L
Sweet Sheba, letting him try J
Sarah

:laughing: maybe he just wants to get warm in her fur :cloud9:

SARAH
December 4th, 2007, 01:02 PM
No, I found out he's really only 2 months old, the label on the cage at the SPCA said 2, but the papers say 2. Poor little thing.

rainbow
December 5th, 2007, 12:47 AM
Hee hee.....that video was so funny. :D

TeriM
December 5th, 2007, 02:34 AM
Congrats on the new addition, he is adorable :lovestruck:.

SARAH
December 5th, 2007, 07:17 AM
He's super cute, and thankfully doing better today after I got the kitten formula powdered milk and chicken baby-food mixture in a baby-pet-bottle for him last night at 5 pm! Slowly getting his strength back.

chico2
December 5th, 2007, 08:17 AM
Phew Sarah:thumbs up
I am glad you got this little cutie eating,kittens can so easily get sick,even without food for just a day.
Is he pooping ok?? Or does he need help??
He looks like a little fluffbally angel for sure:lovestruck:

SARAH
December 5th, 2007, 08:29 AM
Well, no food basically for days, so nothing much to poop poor thing, but ... darn I hadn't thought of having to help him with that too! :yell:

He went ok before he stopped eating altoghether, looked for the right place (i.e. litterbox) and generally found it, so I'm hoping he'll be ok and get back to regular pee/poo again by himself!

(how would I even help him? I know mommy kitty would lick him there, and I love him to bits, but there are limits to what I'll do :yell:

chico2
December 5th, 2007, 08:51 AM
Sarah,I am sorry,but you are going to have to lick him to stimulate him to poop:laughing::laughing:
If he's already pooped in the litterbox before,I think you are in the clear,but I would make sure he goes regularly once he has food in his wee tummy:cat:

SARAH
December 5th, 2007, 09:35 AM
:thankyou: Chico :yuck:

Well, it's coming back out the right way (back end) but liquid, and he didn't make it to the litter box!

Maybe I'll try to get the babyfood in him without adding it to the milk? Worth a try anyway.

krdahmer
December 6th, 2007, 01:43 PM
:lovestruck: OMG he is CUTE!!! And I swear no more than 5-6 WEEKS old. No way is he 2.5 months!! :eek: He looks about the same age as when I took in the stray kittens at 5 weeks... I love the video if the napkin kill! Adorable! Beautiful doggy too btw.:D

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Thank you, thank you :cat::dog:

I called the guy who dropped the litter off at the SPCA and he said "they had just started eating" but that his sister (who wasn't home) was the one who knew what they ate. The way he said it, I got the feeling they had dipped their little noses in the food once and were declared fit to clear out!

Why is there a hunting season for inocent animals and none for human scum :yell::frustrated::evil:

Thanks to these idiots, I am now struggling to get this little guy back to his playful kitten-hood :sad: and you know what? I "ain't" giving up! :thumbs up

(Agree on the age estimates of around 6 weeks)

krdahmer
December 6th, 2007, 02:06 PM
Well I took an entire litter of kittens from their feral mom at 5 weeks (I was affraid if I left them longer I wouldn't be able to catch them- didn't know about humane traps at the time)... and all 4 of them didn't take long to come around and thoroughly enjoy their kittenhood! (I didn't have to bottle feed cause mama cat had already started to bring them at night to eat her dry kibble that I put out for her and the other ferals. So they took to the wet and dry food really well.) I had them about 2.5-3 more weeks before adopting all but Fagan out to my family. They are all wonderful, happy and cherished cats now! I'm sure Spoutnik will have eating down pat in a matter of days...kittens really are so smart, may take them a few tries but they get the hang of things pretty quick.... especially getting into trouble!!!:rolleyes::laughing:

rainbow
December 6th, 2007, 02:25 PM
:grouphug: :grouphug: for Spoutnik ....hope he is feeling better soon. :goodvibes:

SARAH
December 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
:sleepy: :sleepy: :sleepy: guess that's the best he can do right now. I'll feed him next time he wakes up.

growler~GateKeeper
December 7th, 2007, 01:07 AM
OMG that video is just too :lovestruck: funny :laugh: & so is the window licking one :laughing:

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 07:02 AM
Alarm goes off at 4:59 (why not 5 :yell:) and the next thing we hear is "meee meeee meee" from the kitty-room. Lewis opens the door and out rushes a white and black streak on four straight legs, jumping sideways with his back rounded and his tail stright up, making a bee-line for the dogs!

Next thing you know, he's standing in one of the dogs' food-bowls (empty) drinking from the water bowl, before rushing after Misti across the living room floor and around to the kitchen again!

Food! He's trying to get the dog kibble (yeah, right :frustrated:!) so I place him on the counter where his food is next to Misti's. Wolfing it down, he then turns and proceeds to eating some of Misti's food too (holistic brand).

Jumps off the counter (hey, down is Nooo Problem ;) !) and goes for Sheba's tail. She's lying down, he's grabbing it between his 4 paws, she wags her tail and him with it :laughing: :laughing: hilarious!

Sure, he went for the nipple again :rolleyes: so I gave him some more of his bottle, and he's back sleeping on my desk! Not as deeply as yesterday, I just got up to let the dogs back inside and he opened his eyes and was obviously wondering if it was worth getting up or not, but decided against it.

Next ordeal ... the vacuum cleaner! I just have to be careful not to vacuum him up too, he's so tiny :D and we have a central vac too, so where would he get stuck in that system ... :eek:

But I'm seriously thinking of buying him a large water bowl :) seems it's all he'll drink from!

chico2
December 7th, 2007, 08:33 AM
WOW Sarah,it sounds to me he's like he is up to typical healthy kitten-antics,you go little guy:thumbs up

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Yup, won't be long till he starts killing the house plants (no poisonous ones!) and breaking things :) only hope is that two adult dogs and an adult cat will keep him occupied and out of the worst trouble!

I'll have Lew make another video-link for you from last night if it's good (haven't looked at it yet)

14+kitties
December 7th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Yay!!! for The Spout!!!!!!!!!!! :highfive:
He is most definetely on the mend!!!! Where's the little happy face dancing dude when you need him? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Sarah,:offtopic: I am going to post a couple of pics of my smallest one later on today. That way you can compare size?? But she is very tiny too. I am taking a couple over to my vets to get weighed so they can all have tapeworm meds!! :eek: Meowzer and Spaz were fixed yesterday and they both had them so I am pilling all of them. I need to find a place on line to find cheaper pills! Anyway, while they are in I will grab some pics of them.

krdahmer
December 7th, 2007, 11:27 AM
That window one it too cute! My Windy does that all winter too... mmmm... condensation!:rolleyes::laughing:

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 11:39 AM
New pics thread? where, where? I'm off to search!!!

shredy
December 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Sooooo cute, he is so tiny!!! And full of rambunciousness!!

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 11:56 AM
I am going to post a couple of pics of my smallest one later on today. That way you can compare size??

Are they up yet? :confused: Am I blind ? :cry: (I do wear contacts, and they are IN so I should see ...)

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 01:16 PM
Tricked him :evil:

He was again going for Sheba's nipples, but Lew had an idea: next time he does, put him up where his food is! I did and he sniffed the milk there but Misti likes it when it's turned to cottage cheese, and that didn't seem to please Mr. Spoutnik III :yuck: so I took a deep bowl (here's the smart part) and poured the last of my milk (no hot cocoa until tonight :sad: sniffles) into it. Since it was deep, Mr. Spoutnik III drank it himself after having eaten some dry food.

:D :sick::cat: is no longer :sick: just a :crazy::cat: like he should be at his age :laughing:

lewisw
December 7th, 2007, 01:18 PM
Here are some more updated pics Sarah sent me today.

First one was when i was deep in concentration playing my new xbox 360 call of duty game I got the little gut on my lap and as you can see Sheba watching every funny expression I make.

Second one was Sput looking for some food but got the wrong end.

Last one was when he decided it's more fun to play swing on Shebas tail then to try and get food from her.

Guess he figured out she is dry as today yayyyyy he is starting to eat the solid kitten food and Sarah told me he drank the skim milk from the bowl.

Geeza and I never wanted cats can' believe I ever made that statement to Sarah.

I am now 1 100% cat lover :)

have a great week-end everyone.
Lewis

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 01:25 PM
Owh, he edited his handsome face off of the first picture :sad: at least I have it on my desktop now ...

Catlover? Lewis? Oh yeah :D and one more converted person :thumbs up

14+kitties
December 7th, 2007, 01:27 PM
So cute!!! I love that little beggar. Feel kinda like I know him. ;)
:grouphug:

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 01:32 PM
He's sure been discussed in length on this forum :) and I've only had him a week!!! A real little star!

14+kitties
December 7th, 2007, 01:42 PM
Y'know what they say about everyone having their 15 min/sec of stardom. He is just playing it to the hilt!! :laughing::laughing: And we don't mind a bit. He is a doll! And your doggies are cute too.
Oh and impatient........mmmmmm ;)

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 01:44 PM
No no no no no no, I'm veeeeery patient, I promise! Just ask Lew (please don't)!

14+kitties
December 7th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Ok, I will. :clown: Just can't right now cause I want to go play with the big guys for a while. They want some attention. The big test to see if Keesha will actually not bite them when I let them out of the kennel. Playing for a few minutes isn't going to hurt I hope.

SARAH
December 7th, 2007, 01:50 PM
Get a wet-suit, thick rubber gloves and hip-waders :laughing: cat-proof!

Have fun though :thumbs up

growler~GateKeeper
December 8th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Tricked him :evil:

Mr. Spoutnik III drank it himself after having eaten some dry food.

:D :sick::cat: is no longer :sick: just a :crazy::cat: like he should be at his age :laughing:

hehe sounds like he thinks he's a :dog: :laughing:

He's just so cute......yes more vids :D:D

rainbow
December 8th, 2007, 01:12 AM
...... :whistle:

Still waiting. :D