Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

AmStaff + other assorted pets

scooge
December 2nd, 2007, 02:09 PM
I am a Canadian living in Florida. We are thinking about moving back to Canada. We have an American Staffordshire Terrier plus other assorted cats, birds and a rabbit. Are AmStafs one of the breeds that are banned in Ontario? What about the other provinces? There is not a lot of info on the different provinces official websites. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

seeker
December 2nd, 2007, 07:55 PM
Unless he/she has been out of Ont for less than 3 months you can't bring him/her back. In the other provinces you might have to deal with local bylaws but not a province wide ban.
Ontario is the only province right now that has removed the right to own any breed of dog you choose.
As for your other pets as long as they are domestic and not so called wild animals like squirrils, racoons etc you should be OK. There are some requirements like vacinations and other health related issues to deal with too but nothing to difficult that I am aware of.

Rottielover
December 2nd, 2007, 08:20 PM
In Quebec there is no ban, but some cities do not allow them.
Even the cities that do not allow them, I have never seen anything enforced.
You will have to call the city in which you are planning on moving to, to find out their own laws.