Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

please I need some advice.

jacilorrain
December 1st, 2007, 05:41 PM
My pitt/rotti female 2 year old has a swollen head.only one side, this has developed over the pasrt 2 days, I was hoping it was just a cold, but today after work, I discovered it is very large. being saturday, there isnt a vet open I can take her to at this time of night, tomorrow being sunday is closed too. and monday is a snowstorm coming and I have to be at work. I am very concerned. She is eating, I am keeping her warm and inside, but she does have drainage in both eyes, and from the back looking down on her, she totally looks deformed by hear right sifde of her head being so swollen..if ANYONE has any idea, please let me know what this could be..I hate to have to lay her away, shes only young:(

luckypenny
December 1st, 2007, 05:46 PM
Where are you located? Are there no emergency vet hospitals nearby? Maybe we can help find you one that is open.

Unfortunately, we are not vets here and cannot diagnose nor treat your dog. It sounds as if she needs emergency care asap.

14+kitties
December 1st, 2007, 05:48 PM
jacilorrain... where do you live? Most places have an emergency vet open or a vet who will come in. Phone around. This doesn't sound like something to fool around with.

www.willowdaleanimalhospital.com

Pet.JustAnswer.com/Vet - vets and techs on call to answer emergency ? on line

Maybe one of these can help if you can't find something in your area.

Winston
December 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
I agree this could be serious! especially with swelling!! There has to be a vet somewhere..Has she been bitten or had some form off trauma to the ear? thats not something I would mess around with...maybe you could get to the vet before the storm??

Pls let us know how you make out?

Cindy

OH! and welcome to the forum...would love to see some pictures of your dog!

jacilorrain
December 1st, 2007, 07:32 PM
I am in west paris maine....a really small wooded area , small town...:( she seems to be itching it tonight:( thanks for all your love and concerns, we just recently lost our 18 year old rotti/shepard princey..he died peacefully in the kennel with his two sisters,,( this young sick one )(and her sister maddison,she is a black lab/shepard.).. we had our german shepard for 22 years! cindy! she died three years ago..the love of my life, best dog in theworld I swear I could walk in NYC with her with no leash and she would stick to me like glue...its so ahrd! I was thinking perhaps sany, this sick girl, could have or NMIGHT have ben bitten by another animal or even her step sister madison? but I dont see any wounds? and her kennel, is 20x20 heated with access to the outside fenced in area? I dont know.. she seems to keep wandering down to the basement and laying on her blanket? man, kids are sad and its christmas:(losing two dogs in less then 6 months, princey died of old age, I was certain as he was slowly geting lame and his back legs were giving out. thanks for the support we really appreciate it tonight.... I will call around here to see if there is ANYONE I can find.. unfortunetly funds are low too..............finshed christmas shopping with our last checks....argh..thanks again for caring

luckypenny
December 1st, 2007, 07:47 PM
Here's a list of vets in or around your area http://maps.google.ca/maps?ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&q=veterinary&near=West+Paris,+ME,+United+States+of+America&fb=1&view=text&sa=X&oi=local_group&resnum=4&ct=more-results&cd=1

Please get her the help she needs. :fingerscr Good luck.

rainbow
December 3rd, 2007, 02:05 AM
Welcome to pets.ca ....I hope you have got your dog to the vet by now. Hopefully, it wasn't anything too serious ....please give us an update. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

jacilorrain
December 3rd, 2007, 05:48 PM
we did take in sandie my pitt/rotti. to the vets today...the vet said it was an inoperable tumor.. we had to lay her down she was in alot of pain... the vet said there was nothing we could/shouldve done differntly... we are in morning... she was sooo young and so sweet..but she joins her"step" brother and sisters in heaven.. a good friend told me they will wait in heaven for me and race to me when I get there... that is my only compforting thought....thanks again for your help.. I was so scared and affraid.. i wished it all ahd a differnt outcome....

Jim Hall
December 3rd, 2007, 06:08 PM
i am so srry for your loss you will all see each other again i am sure

Winston
December 3rd, 2007, 06:47 PM
I am sorry for your loss!

RIP Sandie

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....