Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Introduction....HI!

lilrockstar78
December 1st, 2007, 04:23 PM
Well I'm new here which I'm sure is obvious since I'm posting in the introduction forum. I am a new dog owner, recently added a Female Chocolate Lab pup to our family named Kahlua. She is super cute as almost all pups are - or at least we the owners believe right? Anyway I found this group while searching for helpful hints for when your pup has diarrhea. Great start right? :thumbs up I've been looking for possible causes and remedies and found a discussion on this site that was very helpful so I decided to join! If anyone has any suggestions let me know. The brief history is: after bringing the pup home all was well - some adjusting as to be expected but the normal stuff. Then by a mistake of our own :sad:- she got into the garbage which can be common I know but thats when the diarrhea began. The vet came to visit and he gave us a medicine which worked great while she was on it, but only 3 days off the medicine and the diarrhea has returned :confused:- yes I've called the vet, and no there was not another garbage incident. So where does that leave us? My fiance thinks there is a possibility he was over feeding her? :shrug: And now I am faced with the idea of changing her diet. I'm pretty sure she doesn't have worms so that isn't it. Could she just have a sensitive stomach? And there are those that swear by the bland diet so perhaps I should try that for a bit... but how long will this go on? Any and all advice anyone has to give I'm all ears. Especially while I wait for the vet to call me back. Thanks for your time and I look forward to chatting with everyone!
-lilrockstar78 - aka - Kahlua's Mom :dog:

SARAH
December 1st, 2007, 05:09 PM
Hi there :) Nice name !!! So fitting :) like my childhood Black & White cats all being names Whisky, lol

Dani had chronic diarrhea when Lewis got her (a few month before he got me, ;) ) and his vet sold him Medical dogfood, high fiber. She was on it for 6 months, then I changed her to some holistic dog food (I forget which it was, the store closed :yell:) and now she's eating IAMS with no problems at all.

Might help Kahlua as well. You could also try cooking rice and giving her the cooled water to drink (a lot of the starch goes into the water, and it usually tightens the stools).

Oh, and as with any new :dog: or :cat: or both: PICS PLEASE !!! ASAP !!! :)

lilrockstar78
December 1st, 2007, 05:21 PM
Thanks for the info - and I will have to work on the pics perhaps tomorrow - slow computer permitting. Something else I will have to learn how to do for this site I suppose.

Thanks again - I'll give it a try!

rainbow
December 3rd, 2007, 03:09 AM
Welcome to pets.ca and would love to see pics of Kahlua. :thumbs up Sorry to hear about the diarrhea .....I posted in your other thread but you haven't been back to answer yet. :o