Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spayed kittens hissed at

Love4himies
November 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Two of my four foster kittens were spayed yesterday. I wanted to bring them home yesterday after their spaying because the longer they are away, the harder it will be to bring them back without fighting issues.

Well the vet wouldn't let me, so I brought them home today, their momma and the two unspayed siblings are hissing and fighting with them. I only have one bedroom to lock the kittens and momma up in (only have a two bedroom house) and the other bedroom is ours which our cats sleep in. Our senior cat hates all the cats in the house so momma and her kittens have been locked up in the second bedroom at night.

So what do I do now?? I need three bedrooms. I have an open concept house so there are no other rooms to lock them up.

Winston
November 30th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Get some baby powder on your hands and give them all a rub...they will all smell the same and things should be back to normal pretty quickly...Honestly it works for me! when I take one or the other to the vets I have to do that....:thumbs up

Cindy

Frenchy
November 30th, 2007, 08:31 PM
Winston is right , it all about the smell. The fosters smell like the vet's office , the others don't recognize nor like that smell.

Love4himies
November 30th, 2007, 09:00 PM
Ack I don't have baby powder. Can I use bounce or something else?

Winston
November 30th, 2007, 09:18 PM
You know what that just might work! Cant hurt to try..just want them all to be smelling the same..

Cindy

Love4himies
November 30th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks I will try Bounce. Momma is angry and hissing at all the cats, the kittens are locked up to give her a break and let her settle down. I am going in the room with the bounce.

TeriM
December 1st, 2007, 01:37 AM
They will probably be fine after being back home overnights and losing some of that "vet" smell. Good luck :goodvibes:.

Love4himies
December 1st, 2007, 08:53 AM
Well did the bounce thing, it didn't work. I had to lock Sweet Pea up in the cold basement, she was attacking all of her kittens. This morning she is still attacking all the cats, including Jasper. Kittens are getting along fine now. I am going to pick up some baby powder and put it on all the cats.

Winston
December 1st, 2007, 12:19 PM
How did you make out? Did you find some baby powder? I hope Momma lightens up soon!

Cindy