Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I'm ashamed of myself:(

Janie123
November 30th, 2007, 08:15 PM
I went out to get the mail and there was a little dog,just looking at me. He was so cute,maybe had some Jack Russell in him. I couldn't make myself have him come to me. He just sat there. After the last fiasco with a stray,I thought my husband would kill me if I brought another one home. I just kept glancing at him as I got my mail. He had a collar on. But he just sat there.
I kept walking slowly into the house and my husband walked out. I pointed to the dog and he said,"Oh,nooooo,JJAANNIIEE,not again!". I kept walking into the garage. Then stopped. Al said,"NNOOOO,keep walking". I turned around and as I did,I heard,"BUTCH! Come here!" and ran down the street. Whew! Would I have left him there? I don't know. :(:frustrated::headslap::confused::sad::wall::shru g:

Frenchy
November 30th, 2007, 08:25 PM
Would I have left him there? I don't know. :(:frustrated::headslap::confused::sad::wall::shru g:

Now see , you don't know. The dog wasn't alone , you did nothing wrong , don't beat yourself up for nothing. :grouphug:

jiorji
November 30th, 2007, 09:30 PM
I kept walking slowly into the house and my husband walked out. I pointed to the dog and he said,"Oh,nooooo,JJAANNIIEE,not again!".

LOL that made me laugh!

there's a thin line between rescueing and stealing someone else's dog. But sometimes you just don't know:shrug: ...so i guess you just have to take a chance

Sometimes it's not that obvious if the dog's got an owner. To me a collar isn't enough. I almost took someone's dog home too. He had a collar on and was waiting by the exit of the grocery store and he came to greet me. And i was thinking "umm what the heck?!?!"
So i checked for tags and looked inside the store and some guy looked at me from inside like "you better leave my dog alone lady!!" I'm glad he didn't come out cos I would've told him a few. When your dog's that friendly, why isn't he tied up when you leave him alone:censored:?!?!?! tsk. Some people!:mad: