Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog found Peterborough

jonnycatalyst
November 30th, 2007, 04:01 PM
I have found a dog near the Lansdowne Street and Ford Street area in Peterborough. The Peterborough Humane Society was promptly informed that the dog is in my possession. I provided a description of the dog and the location where it was found. They have my contact information.

The dog looks like a Doberman, German Shepherd mix. I specify that it *looks* like a Doberman German Shepherd mix because it is just over half the size it would be if it actually was a mix of these breeds.

Please do not respond to tell me that I should drop the dog off at the pound. If I were to drop the dog off at the pound, it would stay there for 5 days and then be adopted out. After the dog was adopted out, its real family would lose their chance to be reunited. Not everyone is able to get to the Peterborough Humane Society between 10 and 4:30 Monday to Friday. I made my choice and I'm sticking to it. If this choice enrages you for some reason, be aware that this dog followed me to my home and has stuck with me unleashed since that time. I have taken it back to where it first joined me as I was walking, and walked it around (unleashed) hoping for it to find its home. Instead it just got back in my car when I'd had enough. I haven't trapped the dog or anything. I have also lost a dog in the past who was much loved.

Thank you.

SIL
November 30th, 2007, 04:08 PM
Thanks for replying to my email and posting your found dog ad here. If you look at my post http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=40979 you'll see pictures of our Manchester. I tried sending you one via your email but wasn't able to.
Thanks again for taking the time to pick up this poor lost animal.

chico2
November 30th, 2007, 04:12 PM
We have several people here missing their dogs,but I think Peterborough would be a longshot,then again,you never know.
I wish you could tell us what kind of dog it is:confused:and also,you will not get any hatemail or rudeness from here,just a thank you for taking care of this pup:thumbs up

happycats
November 30th, 2007, 04:42 PM
Thank you for caring about this dog and it's owners ! I hope they are reunited!:pray:

At least this dog is not scared and alone in a cage in a strange place.

shirley1011
November 30th, 2007, 06:28 PM
:thumbs up Thanks for caring enough to help this poor dog reunite with his
owners. I wish someone would do that for my lost Sable.
Good for you. you have made a commitment to this dog and I applaud you
for making the effort. The important thing is you did notify the Humane Society so if someone does call there they can get in touch with you.
Best of luck finding his owner.

Love4himies
November 30th, 2007, 07:09 PM
I am so glad you have considered the dog's interest first. Is there a way for you to post a picture of the dog?

Frenchy
November 30th, 2007, 07:28 PM
I have received some emails from posts on other sites which have ruined my day and caused me a great deal of frustration.

But we are not like the others on other websites ;) You did good bringing him into your home :thumbs up This dog is better off at your place , in a warm home , than in a cage in a shelter.Good luck finding his owners. :fingerscr

14+kitties
November 30th, 2007, 10:40 PM
Just wanted to add my thanks to that of the others. Great thing you are doing for the pup. :highfive:
And welcome to the site. Once everything has settled down we hope you will stay and enjoy.