Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

'Cause I know you love them!!!

14+kitties
November 30th, 2007, 10:02 AM
A few of the little ones you haven't seen........... Miss Atty with the wind chimes, the camera elusive Miss Purrfect, and Prince Mew surveying his land and seeing all is well.

badger
November 30th, 2007, 10:05 AM
Lovely, healthy cats. You're definitely doing something right!

ancientgirl
November 30th, 2007, 10:46 AM
Lovely kitties. I love that last one with Prince Mew.

rainbow
November 30th, 2007, 01:03 PM
Lovely, healthy cats. You're definitely doing something right!

I agree. :thumbs up And, how do you keep track of all their names? :D

14+kitties
November 30th, 2007, 01:08 PM
[QUOTE=rainbow;508139]I agree. :thumbs up And, how do you keep track of all their names? :D[/QUOT

Tyvm:o
When I go in to see/feed/play with them I make a point of petting, picking up, and hugging each one before I leave and saying their name. That way even an old gal like me;) can't forget. :laughing::laughing:
But obviously I am not that great about it cause I missed my little Squeak waiting patiently in that first picture for Miss Atty to finish so she can have a turn at the chimes.

chico2
November 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM
Awww look at those cute little Tabbies:lovestruck:and Badger is right,they look wonderful and healthy:thumbs up

Dracko
November 30th, 2007, 06:55 PM
Seems like all of your cats have the same grey tabby striped look on them somewhere. I think you must have a male around there helping himself to all the females!

JanM
November 30th, 2007, 07:45 PM
Love the little ones playing with the chimes! All of them look so contented too!

Frenchy
November 30th, 2007, 07:59 PM
All of them look so contented too!

They sure do !

14+kitties
November 30th, 2007, 10:34 PM
Thanks Folks!! It's so nice to have your babies ewweed and awwwwwed over;) They are pretty much a happy lot.
And yep Dracko, I agree. Moms all have the markings. I can't find the male around. I have been out walking a few times in the bushes behind us but if he's around he takes off for the hills when he sees me coming. Probably has something to do with the black Lab that's with me. :)

growler~GateKeeper
December 1st, 2007, 11:41 PM
Adorable all of them - the wind chime pic is so cute :lovestruck: great entertainment

Winston
December 2nd, 2007, 06:47 AM
So are the mom's still on the loose? and you have all the kids??

Cindy

14+kitties
December 2nd, 2007, 09:38 AM
Yes Winston - there are 3 moms on the loose. My plan, if money is available, is to livetrap them in the spring and have them fixed. :fingerscr
One mom shows up for food all the time but still won't let me near her. I suspect the other 2 come during the night. I leave hard food out all the time for them. Canned stuff freezes too fast! I also suspect the silly male probably comes in then too but have never seen him. Maybe he will be silly and get himself caught. ;)

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM
Is it possible to try and trap them now? They'll each have another litter by spring. :o

14+kitties
December 2nd, 2007, 01:35 PM
Is it possible to try and trap them now? They'll each have another litter by spring. :o

My issues::sad:

1. Money
2. Moms disappear as soon as kittens are weaned. Vets won't fix cats unless kittens are weaned. They only show up when they are ready to have or have had another litter (at least that we see). We have one that shows up for food that we see and yes, if we can catch her she will get done.
3. Money
4. I am taking my 2 oldest boys in this week to get them done. That will be my extent of spending this month. Next month there are 5 girls and 2 boys that need done.
5. see #3 ;)
6. I have exhausted my search for places who offer discounts on spaying and neuturing. Most of them have run out of funds at this time of the year or will not help out with this large of a brood. I have a form here to fill out now and they are only willing to help a little if you provide proof of all sources of income.
7. Money
8. These are very ferel crafty kittys. I know my neighbour has caught at least one of them before and I have been told once they have been caught they can't be again. They recognize the trap. But, I will keep trying.

Sorry for ranting. It is very frustrating for me too to know that there are cats out there that need to be fixed but I believe I have been doing the best that I can. We live in the country with lots of coyotes around. It is a surprise to me to even see the moms show up. :sad:

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 01:41 PM
I know you're doing the best you can :angel: which is ALOT more than most people. :o

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Winston
December 2nd, 2007, 01:48 PM
Wow! cant even imagine having that many to fix!! God resources must be tight! If you were to trap the mom's and at least keep them segregated till funds permit you to get em fixed ...this way that dont have the freedom to roam...where little mister can get his hands on them....Good luck to you...you certainly have your hands full....

Cindy

14+kitties
December 2nd, 2007, 02:19 PM
Yep, resources are so tight there isn't even a squeak anymore. And I forgot after the 7 that need done next month. Feb there are 3 girls, 1 boy, then March 3 girls. So..............
I have just opened a small business that is seasonal. Once I start getting some money in from sale of plants I should be able to fix a few more strays. As far as segregating them..... I really don't have a spot the little houdinis can't get out of. I have tried to trap them in the garage that we only use for storage but they always manage to find a way out. They can't have my greenhouses cause they would rip through the plastic layers. Not on your life would they be able to be with the babies. I would be afraid of them hurting themselves trying to get out.
The vets I have talked to have said even if they are pregnant when I bring them in they will still fix them. Not what I want to hear but maybe the best solution.

Winston
December 2nd, 2007, 04:46 PM
What kind of plants do you sell? I am always looking for someone who has good garden plants and perennials?

Cindy

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 07:01 PM
There's alot of members here from Ontario that may be interested and want to help. I know I would if I lived close to you. Maybe some will pm you. :fingerscr :o :goodvibes:

chico2
December 3rd, 2007, 06:06 AM
Grimsby is not that far from Oakville,I'll be there in the spring:laughing:

14+kitties
December 3rd, 2007, 10:40 AM
Awwwww thanks folks! :o I don't know what to say.
I will post something in the gardening section closer to May. Then I will be able to tell you what is available. I have annuals and perennials. Hopefully my perennials survive the winter without the roots being eaten by darling little mices. :mad:
But, if I did that wouldn't that be like advertising? Don't want to lose my privileges in here for the sake of sales. ;) :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Thanks again!!

rainbow
December 5th, 2007, 12:26 AM
Just post some pics of your garden and then we can pm you. :D Do you have one of those cheap cycle websites in your area that you can join to advertise on?