Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Newfoundland Dog

Brad T
November 29th, 2007, 11:02 PM
Our male Newfoundland dog is missing. His name is Toga and he weighs 175 pounds. He lived on the west side of San Juan Island in Washington State USA. Toga has an enormous head the size of which most people have never seen. His head is black and looks like Darth Vader's helmet on the left side. The rest of his body is mostly white especially on the left side. He also has black patterns. He is not neutered We think he was taken. A generous reward awaits anyone who finds our dog. Please call 360 378 9451 or 707 677 0848 or 707 499 5172.

Luba
November 30th, 2007, 12:06 AM
Good luck to you in getting him back.
Was it generally known that he wasn't altered? Reason I ask is he has lovely markings for a newf, quite sought after and it may be someone took him for breeding purposes.

So I'd look into who knew you well, knew where you lived, knows about newfs, if you belong to any clubs/obedience/dog shows etc...

Post this information to ALL rescues in your area

www.petfinder.com and click on rescues and then all your local and expanded rescues.

Best of luck, most newf breeders and rescues know one another so keep them in touch as well.

Luba
November 30th, 2007, 12:08 AM
Also keep in mind if he's not altered and if he was in reproductive mode he'd do just about anything to get out of the yard or escape to find a mate.

Brad T
December 2nd, 2007, 02:44 AM
I have contacted petfinder and other sites. I am not aware of any other Newfs on San Juan Island but we think the dog is probably not on the island anymore. We know that the dog has such a huge head that people remember him which means they will connect the picture to the dog if they see him. So we are e-mailing pictures to every dog group, humane society, veterinarian and native nation within about 150 miles. Thanks for your concern and suggestions.

Brad

rainbow
December 2nd, 2007, 03:39 AM
Toga is beautiful. :lovestruck: Did you also give the information to the U.S./Canada border crossing? And the ferry that goes from Washington State to Victoria, B.C.? Good luck. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

NoahGrey
December 2nd, 2007, 07:04 AM
I Hope you find your little guy.

ACO22

goldengal
December 2nd, 2007, 10:56 AM
Hi Brad .... I belong to a discussion board www.bigpawsonly.com where there are lots of Newf owners. It wouldn't hurt to post there as many of them know breedeers, rescue groups, etc. and the members are situated in many different locations. Keeping fingers and paws crossed here. Take care.