Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Chinese Crested Puppys

Michelleash7
June 1st, 2004, 10:05 PM
Hello everyone, Im back to show you Chinese Crested picture's of what my girl Hocus Pocus had. In this picture there is 3 male's, 2 are hairless, and 1 is a powderpuff, she also had a pure white female which I will be keeping
;)
You can also view more picture's on my page:

http://www.cresteds.20fr.com

Michellehttp://www.cresteds.20fr.com/photo4.html

Michelleash7
June 1st, 2004, 10:13 PM
Sorry here is the picture

Michelle

Luba
June 1st, 2004, 10:25 PM
How is the mama doing? These three are adorable!

For some reason I can't view the pics on your page :(

You are a breeder right?

mona_b
June 1st, 2004, 10:26 PM
Awwww they are just adorable.

Question.

Do you show your dogs?Do they have any titles?

Michelleash7
June 1st, 2004, 11:33 PM
Thank You!! Actually I have 1 hairless female out at a trainer's at this time getting ready for the show ring :) Her name is Hailey, She is just 10 months old tomorrow and just a small girl at 10 inches and 6 pounds. She is entered in the Orono show on June 11/12/13th, and the Kingston show June 18/19/20th so we will see how she does ;) And yes I am a breeder of the Chinese Crested. I have 2 hairless female's, 1 hairless male, and 1 Powderpuff female, and also this litter of 4 babies, Parents eye's are certified (normal)

Michelle

Michelleash7
June 1st, 2004, 11:34 PM
Hi Mona, Mom is doing Very well, and is healthy as can be :D

mona_b
June 2nd, 2004, 07:29 AM
I'm glad mom is doing well.

So I guess the parents are not show dogs and have no titles right?

How long have you been a breeder?

Luba
June 2nd, 2004, 09:47 AM
I still can't see the pics on the site..oh well :(

They are cute pups though. How long have you been breeding...just the crested? Some people change breeds when one becomes more popular then another.

So what are your plans with these three cutie pies are you keeping them or are they for sale? How long do you keep your pups before you separate them from mom and allow them to be purchased?

There is so much involved with breeding, how did you get started and what interested you the most about this breed?

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 02:27 PM
No the parents have not been shown 'yet' I will be getting the mom out into the ring soon, I have had the Crested breed since year 1998, And havn't bred anything in the past few yrs also, Until now :)

Michelle

I'm glad mom is doing well.

So I guess the parents are not show dogs and have no titles right?

How long have you been a breeder?

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 02:48 PM
Hi Luba, try the site again http://www.cresteds.20fr.com ia was having some problems, but is ok now.

Yes just the crested ;) I have had this breed since year 1998/ havn't done much breeding though, I myself like the breed just because of the fact they are a small hypo allergy breed, Very cute and SO loveable towards everyone.
They barley yap alot like most other breeds LOL Other then that they are my preferrence in breed, The hairless at first to me was kinda weird as they dont have a coat like the Powderpuff, But as I got to know the hairless more yrs back I felt the same way about them as I did the Puffs,
Also I will not be keeping the boys, They will go to forever home's 'only'
And if a problem ever arises from a a new owner that they cannot keep their pup any longer then the puppy will be returned to me of course.
Im also not in any rush for these (cutie pie's) to leave at all, not for awhile yet...I do have them listed 'for sale' on my page, But that only means when 'I' decide they are ready to leave ;) some puppies ween eariler then other's, But then again they all love to be with their mom playing with her.
The more milk puppies get from their mother the better their immune systems are. 'antibodies' How I got started was I purchased a puff for the very first time yrs back, And then not long after that her sister who looked just like her was also for sale, so then we went from there seeing the hairless and getting to know them for awhile before getting my first one, That is Hocus Pocus who is now 5 yrs old. And the most that interest me in this breed is they are the most loveable dogs you could ever imagine. The End!!! LOL

Michelle

I still can't see the pics on the site..oh well

They are cute pups though. How long have you been breeding...just the crested? Some people change breeds when one becomes more popular then another.

So what are your plans with these three cutie pies are you keeping them or are they for sale? How long do you keep your pups before you separate them from mom and allow them to be purchased?

There is so much involved with breeding, how did you get started and what interested you the most about this breed?

Princesss04
June 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
They are so very cute. How much would you sell a dog like that for?

Luba
June 2nd, 2004, 03:15 PM
Okay I saw the pics and they are very nice indeed.

What made you get into breeding and what type of training or education did you have to take to begin this type of business. There must be a great deal involved with knowing the genetics and health issues and so on.

I have a friend who breeds cockers but they've been doing it for generations of families nearly 60 years now. Passed on along the way I suppose.

I would be terrified to get into breeding a dog without knowing what I was doing.

deerclan
June 2nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Michelleash7 your puppies are very cute...keep us all posted on how their doing :D

DeerClan

Richard62
June 2nd, 2004, 04:34 PM
Very cute puppy's keep us posted how they are doing. Great photos. Are you keeping all of moms pups?

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 04:46 PM
Thank You everyone :)

I got into breeding only because I do love 'this' breed actually. Although other's breed's are nice as well though, I do talk to other crested breeders/show people as they are older breeders and know so much more and of course you dont just get experience out of a hat, So it's from your own personal experience's as life is with everything of course. One can only hope for the best result's, As there is nothing nor anyone that is 'perfect' ;)
I also do did alot of reading up on my breed and talked to other crested breeder's before I even took it upon myself to go ahead, I asked alot of question's, And still do to this day. I dont look at my dogs as a business they are my pets first before anything, They are called a hobby to me only because I enjoy what I have, and love very much. And yes there are health issue's involved with Any breed/animal you have, Also I wouldn't recommend you get into doing anything that you dont know what is involved first
before at least thinking long and hard. Again I myself believe that no matter how much experience one has and for how many years there still can be bad and (or) good outcome's in the long run. But at least if there is testing done on your own animal's that is all one can expect of you :)

What kinda dogs/cats does everyone else have? :D

Also there is a msn group where you can view other crested people that I go to lately.
here is the link :
http://groups.msn.com/CHINESECRESTEDCANADA/homepage

Michelle

Okay I saw the pics and they are very nice indeed.

What made you get into breeding and what type of training or education did you have to take to begin this type of business. There must be a great deal involved with knowing the genetics and health issues and so on.

I have a friend who breeds cockers but they've been doing it for generations of families nearly 60 years now. Passed on along the way I suppose.

I would be terrified to get into breeding a dog without knowing what I was doing.

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 04:47 PM
I sure will Deerclan ;)

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 04:57 PM
Thank You Richard! I am planning on keeping the pure white girl, Was hoping for a black girl, But happy either way considering I love the pedigree they are out of thats what counts to me :) And health number one of course :D

Michelle

Very cute puppy's keep us posted how they are doing. Great photos. Are you keeping all of moms pups?

mona_b
June 2nd, 2004, 05:09 PM
Well I have 2 GSD's...2 males,both 8 years old....I was put on a waiting list for them...Both parents Champions and titled...There are actually 5 generations of champions.

I also have a 9 month old white/blue eyed kitten,and a 12 week old buff brown kitten.

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 05:41 PM
Thats nice Mona :) have you done any showing/training yourself on your's?

I had a very bad experience with a German sheppard yrs back.
Actually it wasn't me who had the worst of it, My experience was 'mental'
The people who had got the worst was the mother and her son who ended up going in 2 separate ambulance's, And I was the one who found them both mother & son on the floor trembleing and in shock from being bitten Soo badley from this male who smelled their female in heat and attacked the son first, The mother went to help her son and then it was her turn with this dog.
I couldn't believe my eye's I swear I felt like I was in a horror movie with what I saw, there was blood everywhere around them. I panicked and ran. Thinking I was next, Yes it was bad I ran but if you were to see what I seen you or anyone would have ran just to get away from whatever was in the house that day, Which I didnt know at the time, All I knew was this little girl at my door telling me her mother and her brother was bleeding. So I never thought to much other then bringing a stick with me, To my surprise when I jumped up on the kitchen counter there was the dog staring at me with foam on his mouth and I jumped back down and closed the back door to the house that was left opened and ran to these helpless people. Well to make a long story short the mother had plastic surgery on her arm's and legs, and the son had ALOT of stiches to close his head up that was all for me to see and his screams haunted me for a long time, That was the most terrifieing thing I had ever seen. I dont want anyone to think that all GSD's are all that way, It was just a bad experience I had, And will never to this day forget it!

But would love to see your picture's :)

Michelle

Well I have 2 GSD's...2 males,both 8 years old....I was put on a waiting list for them...Both parents Champions and titled...There are actually 5 generations of champions.

I also have a 9 month old white/blue eyed kitten,and a 12 week old buff brown kitten.

mona_b
June 2nd, 2004, 06:31 PM
Nope,no showing for me...My boys were pet quality not show...And I was put on a neuter contract.

Yes I have trained my boys.My one is a retired police dog.He has his title in SchH III.

They come from a very responsible breeder.

WOW that was quite the experience.

Trust me,we don't think they are all this way.

Luba
June 2nd, 2004, 06:49 PM
I've had atleast 4 bad experiences with JRT's

Had a couple of Dobies chase me as a kid but they wanted to play lmao!

Never had any horrible experiences with GSDs I love them

So tell me about this chinese crested breed what is their history, are they essentially a designer mutt like the 'doodles' and 'poo's

I've never really seen one up close myself only on TV and some pics like yours on this site.

They are unique so I suppose many people get them because of that.

heidiho
June 2nd, 2004, 06:52 PM
LOOOOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEEEEEE THE GERMAN SHEPHERD.ALWAYS WILL. THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE........................................ ...... just had to add that... ;) ;)

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 07:25 PM
I myself dont believe they are all that way either ;) And yes my experience was very bad.

Michelleash7
June 2nd, 2004, 07:32 PM
They are a pure breed dog :)

Here is a link where it will tell you bascally everything about them ;)

http://www.akc.org/breeds/recbreeds/chincr.cfm

wAggie
June 4th, 2004, 10:14 PM
looks like u definitely know what ur doing, Michelle,

keep it up and hug those little pups for me plzzzzzzz :D

Michelleash7
June 4th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Thank you!!! I sure will, they love to give kisses and recieve them also ;)
They are the sweetest little things ever :)
All the best to you and yours!!!

Michelle

Lucky Rescue
June 4th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Just curious - are your dogs litterbox or paper trained? I can't see those little nekkid doggies going outside in the winter. :eek:

Michelleash7
June 5th, 2004, 12:33 AM
The adults are outside trained they dont mind going out to use the washroom but then they want back in, " unless" someone stays out with them and they have a jacket on then they will run through the snow not for long though LOL

And puppies paper right now :)

Just curious - are your dogs litterbox or paper trained? I can't see those little nekkid doggies going outside in the winter.