November 29th, 2007, 12:49 PM
He's so handsome!:lovestruck:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2380/2074356838_1a6b23c104.jpg

He thinks so too (he likes to look at himself in the glass!):laughing:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2348/2073564829_a4a59df70b.jpg

want4rain
November 29th, 2007, 12:58 PM
he is so pretty!!!

filtered? heated? what size tank is he in? (it looks sizable!) they should only be fed every other day and only about 3 pellets. the main issue folks have with bettas are from being over fed. if the tank isnt cycled (up and running for a month or so with tiny bits of food added daily) i would do daily water changes to keep his ammonia/nitrites down.

Bruno is so handsome! ive always liked the blue crown tails!!!

-ash

bendyfoot
November 29th, 2007, 01:05 PM
A filtered, heated, 10 gal. tank. He's got it all to himself.
We've been feeding every day...I'll let Kim know not to ( she's the fish-feedier!) We've had him for about 3 weeks now (more?) and he seems to be doing really well...

want4rain
November 29th, 2007, 01:25 PM
good! a fair bit of the cycle should have passed already. being in a 10g it would have been WAY WAY less stressful on him in there. id say every 2 weeks do a 10% to 20% water change on it and worry not. :) that will maintain your pH and keep waste down.

you know he can have a few tank mates right?? a few shrimp? cherry are easy to find, they reproduce and will feed him with their babies every few weeks. amano shrimp do not reproduce in freshwater but ghost shrimp do! an oto cat would also help with algae. no cory cats or plecos or anything like that. they wont fit in there.

i kept endlers with my betta for a bit. they reproduce well but my betta wasnt interested in eating the babies so i took them out. not enough population control. :) but they were quiet enough and small enough to not bother him much.

im always so happy to see people get into fish keeping. :cloud9:

-ashley

bendyfoot
November 29th, 2007, 01:35 PM
The last time we had a betta we put him in with some big shibunkins (sp?)...big mistake, he chewed their tail fins:wall:

Some shrimps might be fun, though...

want4rain
November 29th, 2007, 02:34 PM
HA! wildly different water parameters too!!

it pains me to see bettas in those tiny torture chambers. i am sooo glad you guys put him in a 10g! they really shine when they have room to show off. :)

i also picked up a little tiny pocket mirror so he can see his reflection every so often. its so nice to see them flair up. i think its good cardio. ;)

-ash

chico2
November 29th, 2007, 03:53 PM
Bendyfoot,he is gorgeous,beautiful colourshttp://bestsmileys.com/fish/5.gif
I can't even look at those poor fish in those little bowls,especially at WalMart:yell:

CearaQC
November 29th, 2007, 06:43 PM
Beautiful bold colors! So beautiful. Nature is awesome!!

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Those are some beautiful colors!

krdahmer
November 29th, 2007, 10:37 PM
Aw Bruno is so handsome... looks just like my Twisty:rip:.

rainbow
November 30th, 2007, 12:36 PM
I don't know anything about fish but he is gorgeous. :lovestruck: I think he needs some company though. :D