Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pups 2 weeks old today - eyes starting to open

CearaQC
November 28th, 2007, 08:01 PM
Hard to believe, but two weeks have already passed since they were born. Belle mom is making leaps and bounds, eating well, and her spine isn't sticking out any more.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0008-3.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0004-4.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0010-2.jpg

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k29/Ceara_QC/DSCF0014-2.jpg

Frenchy
November 28th, 2007, 08:11 PM
:laughing: look at all the little piggies :laughing: they look so fat ! :thumbs up in a good way :cloud9: Belle is looking marvelous , she seems happy and healthy. Kudos to you :thumbs up

shredy
November 28th, 2007, 08:14 PM
OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :cloud9::cloud9: I know I already have a puppy, but I want more!!!!

allymack
November 28th, 2007, 08:47 PM
aww! i swear thy keep getting cuter and cuter! they are nice and pudgy:D i wish i could come see all of them,, and take one home, but i cant, sighhh:sad: more pictures please:D

JanM
November 28th, 2007, 09:03 PM
What little beauties they are! and momma too - she looks darn good!

CearaQC
November 28th, 2007, 09:04 PM
Yeah, fat little tubbies! When they are laying down, they look like giant guinea pigs. And when they are "talking" in the box, they sometimes sound like a chorus of monkeys with the ooh ooh ooh sounds. I call them all little monkeys. lol I caught one of them today sitting up like an older dog. So cute.

Wish I had better pictures. They squirm so much and are not good photo subjects.

Mom is being introduced to a raw diet. She's still trying to figure out eggs, and we have to crack it slightly then she devours the whole thing. We found turkey necks and she really likes those. A friend brought us some moose meat and she LOVED that. And liver.

shredy, I wish I could come to California! lol I bet it's lots warmer than what we have here in Quebec. Chloe could use a playmate. :evil:

jiorji
November 28th, 2007, 09:06 PM
hahah giant guinea pigs. :cloud9:

puppy tails!!:cloud9:

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2007, 09:13 PM
Belle is looking so good, Ceara! And the pups are definitely thriving! :thumbs up If their eyes are opening, they're just about to go from their "guinea pig" stage to their "hey, I guess they're really puppies after all" stage--and then they're all gonna start cruisin'! he he Puppies allll over the house! :cloud9:

shredy
November 28th, 2007, 09:17 PM
Oh I forgot to mention how pretty Belle is :cloud9::lovestruck: She is one lucky girl and so are you :cloud9:

CearaQC
November 28th, 2007, 09:24 PM
The black female in the 2nd pic is seen diving to steal a teat from her sibling, and she already cruises around the box and I've nicknamed her Cruiser. She's very vocal and gets royally ticked off when taken out of the box.

One of the fat blondies is sooo laid back. His paws are wider than my thumb and he doesn't mind being cuddled at all.

Already starting to see possibilities in personality.

I'm going to have more grey hairs after all this is over. lol Running around after 10 pups saying NO NO NO. :laughing:

Seeing as it's winter up here... at what age can they venture outside for the first time? 8 weeks? 10?

They are trying out their wobbly legs as I'm typing this.

jiorji
November 28th, 2007, 09:28 PM
They are trying out their wobbly legs as I'm typing this.

stop!! STOP!!:yell: you're killing me !!! sigh...i want one!!:yell:

good thing i'm going out of town tomorrow :laughing:

t.pettet
November 28th, 2007, 10:05 PM
Gorgeous little family, what a great job you've done.

hazelrunpack
November 28th, 2007, 10:23 PM
Seeing as it's winter up here... at what age can they venture outside for the first time? 8 weeks? 10?

At least 8 weeks...even at 10, only for very brief periods, and in quickly if they start to shiver. 10 puppies playing in the snow :cloud9:

So I take it, since Belle is gaining weight so nicely, there's no more talk of auto-immune disease? :fingerscr

CearaQC
November 28th, 2007, 11:14 PM
As far as I know, no auto immune problems.

But she has a future vet appointment set the first week in February to finish off her vaccinations and then a spay 2 weeks later. Belle already had first round shots in 2005 according to the previous owner vet record for her. I'll have them check her blood just in case. They might do it anyway before the spay surgery. I wish we didn't have to do lots of vaccinations but the local vet requires it, or she doesn't get spayed there.

Next nearest vet is a few hours drive away. We seriously need a second vet out here. Things have a habit of coming along after I complain out loud, so maybe this will work too! If any new vets coming out of school are looking for a place to set up, Gaspe is ideal, because this is a beautiful area and there would be lots and lots of business, especially if an emergency clinic was set up and a more modern outlook to pet care, i.e. holistic, raw food, etc.

growler~GateKeeper
November 29th, 2007, 12:36 AM
OMG OMG OMG :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

They're soooooo big now *sigh* puppies :lovestruck:

puppy tails!!:cloud9:

*sigh* :cloud9:

rainbow
November 29th, 2007, 01:11 AM
I've been awol for a bit and have obviously missed their story. :o

Belle is beautiful :lovestruck: and her puppies are too cute for words. :cloud9: You sure are going to have your hands full. :D

CearaQC
November 29th, 2007, 08:18 AM
She's a rescue we brought home on November 6th and she gave birth one week later.

breeze
November 29th, 2007, 08:22 AM
o.o.o.o.o. look at all those little tubbies... they are so cute.

how are things going?? with you, mom, and feeding??

are they moving out of the box yet?? or are they still to young??

CearaQC
November 29th, 2007, 08:33 AM
Our wood floors are too cold for them to wander around on IMO. Going to head out today to pick up a parcel and get some extra linens. They are getting too big for box and we need to figure out new ways to keep everyone.

They lick my fingers after I feed mom, so I'm going to try puppy mush today and see what happens.

happycats
November 29th, 2007, 09:06 AM
OMG OMG!!! I WANT ONE:yell:!!
I love the little (pudge pot) black one, but I love the brown and the blonde too :o *sigh* They are ALL sooo cute!

You are doing an amazing job, pups and Mom look great!!

Ford Girl
November 29th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I love these weekly updates, everyones been thinking about you, the mom and the pups I am sure! Again, if you need anything, pm me.

So cute!!! If one happen to land on my front door step, what else could I do but take it in....now, how to get them from there to here? :shrug:

Otter, making any trips west inthe next 3 months? :laughing: Jan and I are waiting....

happycats
November 29th, 2007, 01:39 PM
So cute!!! If one happen to land on my front door step, what else could I do but take it in....now, how to get them from there to here? :shrug:

LOL that's the only way my DH would let me keep it!! I know once he saw one, he'd fall in love :lovestruck:

ps....anyone from QC coming through ON?.....just drop one on my doorstep!

chico2
November 29th, 2007, 04:02 PM
OMG,this happening with Belle and her Tubbies is the kind of story that gives you that warm fuzzy feeling:dog:
You've done a great job and I bet you cannot wait until they're all running around,right??:laughing:

CearaQC
November 29th, 2007, 06:38 PM
hehe

Yeah they are changing soooo much every day. When I get up every morning I check them all out to see what's new.

Today they seem to react to a nearby lamp being turned on and seem curious to step out of their area, but when they do panic sets in. So they want to explore, yet not get far from where they know it's safe. One of them was sitting down like an older dog today, a very cute awwww moment.

But I know this stage won't last long. lol In a way I'm actually looking forward to it, watching them all play and interact with us silly humans.

Does anyone know when puppies start to desire to keep their area clean by going potty on one side and sleeping on another? I think I read that somewhere but can't remember.

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2007, 07:02 PM
They are absolutely beautiful! And Belle looks so happy!

dmc123
November 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Those pups are adorable....and the mom is beautiful!

Diane

fosterpat
November 29th, 2007, 07:37 PM
Actually at around 3weeks pups will start to keep their den clean. I don't know what kind of a setup you have, but you can keep mom and pups on a clean side and newspaper on another side or area of your pen. In no time pups will start to keep their sleeping area clean and cross over to the newspaper area to do their business.

krdahmer
November 29th, 2007, 10:39 PM
OMG... that one is lookin at me...:lovestruck::cloud9: Too much cuteness!!!

rainbow
November 30th, 2007, 12:40 PM
Actually at around 3weeks pups will start to keep their den clean. I don't know what kind of a setup you have, but you can keep mom and pups on a clean side and newspaper on another side or area of your pen. In no time pups will start to keep their sleeping area clean and cross over to the newspaper area to do their business.

That's what I did and it worked like a charm. :thumbs up

CearaQC
November 30th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Been doing that the past two days actually. Some are doing it already, but I'm running out of paper! lol

Today a couple of the pups seem like they are able to see a bit and move forward to see people.

jiorji
November 30th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Today a couple of the pups seem like they are able to see a bit and move forward to see people.

soon they'll move forward to things they can chew :evil::laughing::laughing:

Love4himies
November 30th, 2007, 07:58 PM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Fat tubbies:laughing::laughing:. You are doing an amazing job:thumbs up

TeriM
December 1st, 2007, 12:51 AM
OMG, they are so adorable :cloud9: and mom is looking so much better :thumbs up.