Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What a little thief!!!!

onster
November 28th, 2007, 06:12 PM
So I woke up this morning all bright and early ready for my bioinformatics presentation ( which went horribly, group members = retarded, prof = big meanie :sad:) and what was my floor littered with??

Little itty bits of cardboard and chicken bouillon cubes and vomit and a stalk of celery. :wall: mom left the cubes and celery on the kitchen counter and hazel thought, hurrray foood (cuz u know supplies are running low) and I guess they cubes have onion in them hence the vomitting. How did I not notice this in my sleep???

A week ago it was my brother's wendys burger wrapper with the foil all ripped up and strewn across the floor. He pooped foil for 2 days.

Yesterday he jumped onto the stove and stole a steak from the frying pan while I was measuring out rice.

HELP!

oh and i forgot to mention all stolen items, including raw meat from the sink go allllll the way upstairs and onto my carpeted floor. why hazel, WHY????

JanM
November 28th, 2007, 06:42 PM
:laughing: Too funny (since I don't have to clean up the mess!)

ancientgirl
November 29th, 2007, 08:51 AM
He's got a lot of spunk LOL. I can't believe he stole a stead straight from the frying pan. I feel your pain though.

I tell you, when I cook I can't even leave the kitchen. Vlad and Oksana are on the counter looking to see what's going on. If I try to cut or chop something up, Vlad wants to look so close I nearly chopped his little nose off one time. I have to shove them away and keep saying NO.

If I'm making something on the stove, I have to literally stand there the entire time. If I need to get something from the fridge, I have to walk backwards and not take my eyes off of them.

The few times I see them walking on the stove, I yell very loud NO and immediately get them off. My fear is them thinking its okay to walk on the stove while I'm using it one day.

I love to cook, but I've got to practically microwave everything and even then they try to get into the microwave to see what's in there!:frustrated:

Dracko
November 29th, 2007, 10:35 PM
That reminds me of something Dracko (GSD) did when he was younger.

I'd made a roast and had to go in to another room after I'd taken it out of the oven. I made a point of pushing the roaster to the back of the stovetop thinking he wasn't tall enough to get it. :o

I'm in the other room and my nephew says to me, "Did you give Dracko some roast?" I said that I had as I had given him a bit before we were to eat.

A few mins later I go in to the livingroom where my nephew was and saw Dracko had THE WHOLE ROAST under the livingroom table and was munching away. :eek::eek::eek: So much for supper.

I took what was left away from him and put it in a sealed bag in the fridge. I didn't want to just throw it away but knew enough that he had to think he had done wrong and not eat any more right then. The next day I gave him more and, of course, he didn't realize it was the "stolen" beef.

Thankfully he has outgrown that for the most part. He'll only steal something if he is alone in the house. A little while ago I'd taken some of his Urban Carnivore patties (raw food brand) out and left them in the sink to slightly thaw otherwise they seem to take days in the fridge. I had to run out unexpectantly to pick my nephew up and came home to an almost empty, ripped up bag with blood smeared all over. :frustrated: Couldn't blame him, though. My mistake. He barely moved the rest of the day.

onster
November 29th, 2007, 11:26 PM
lol, I totally got a mentall picture of u cooking ancientgirl, thats too funny! I think hazel is testing us now..do they go through some crazy stage as they mature? He's been climbing up the computer, chewing on frames on the mantle (howd he get there???..and he has pica), making crazy leaps to the kitchen shelves to get his treats....it just never ends. I just finished smearing vapour rub all over our telepone wires cuz someone decided they were yummy again. *sigh* If he wasn't so darn cute :wall:

lol,,,hahahaha I dracko, Im glad u can find that funny now :P I think Id have been mighty peeved at the time!! Hazel did steal meat for 6 out of the sink once (defrosting) but my mom figured it was raw so it was ok to steal it back and cook it for us :D

want4rain
November 29th, 2007, 11:41 PM
yep!! Hunter the master sniffer found the keyboard cord the same day we opened it and put some good gouges in it.

Mister threw a daddy long legs in my coffee cup the other morning... he TOTALLY disappointed me today. Jeffrey made the biggest cuke mess ever.... and Mister passed it up. as if that wasnt bad enough Baby Girl had him doing tricks the last two nights at dinner time. she was guarding his food from him. :yell: if my dog obeyed me like he did the cats i could rule the world!!!

oh and today he really wanted to bring the end of the cuke in the living room which is a big no no. no toys in the living room!! well we had a little talk about it at the gate... he wanted it, i said no, he asked if i was sure... i told him im POSITIVE.... he tried to sneak it past me and i glared at him... so once i told him it was ok to come in the living room, i shut the gate right?? well i guess he only had eyeballs for that cucumber end cause he tried to leap THROUGH the CLOSED gate to get it. i know that poor boys nose hurt for a bit after that!! dorky dog!

-ashley

Ford Girl
December 6th, 2007, 04:37 PM
You are not alone in this!!

When Dazy was about 8 months old I had a huge BBQ at our place, I made this giant burger for myself with all the fix'ns, I placed it on the middle of the patio table, turned for less then a second to talk to a guest and she had swiped the patty - not the whole burger, just the patty!!! Like one of those table cloth tricks, she didnt disturb the bun or fix'ns what so ever, BUT - she paid a big price for it - it was straight off the grill and she basically swallowed it whole, not 5 minutes later the threw up and it was still piping hot! IDIOT! Geesh!

Pubert stole a tube of tooth paste off the bathroom counter and ate the whole thing and made himself sick! Blueish green sick! He had nice breath for days!!! LOL! He loves mint, so the vicks vapo rub would only intice him to chew! He loves the stuff, goes mental for it!

onster
December 6th, 2007, 09:40 PM
a whole burger! OMG!. hahaha

Hazel has this new thing now, were he'll jump onto the table when were eating and sit down @ the far end , then you turn to get some water or something (weve given up kicking him off the table, he's as stubborn as they come!!) and you turn around and there he is sitting pretty again but u cant help to wonder "hmmmm is he a little bit closer to that chicken?"

Sure enough he creeps a little bit closer every chance :laughing:.

Btw after I posted the original msg I ended up going to the store and buying my mom a new answering machine. Someone has devolped a taste for vicks just like uncle Pubert :(. Any suggestions? *The new machine was $$$$*

rainbow
December 8th, 2007, 03:59 AM
Onster, we want pics of Hazels demon antics. :evil:

chico2
December 8th, 2007, 09:00 AM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:funny stuff!!
When Vinnie was a baby,he would drag anything eatable down to the base ment,the funniest was an english cucumber,bigger than him,that he dragged slowly down the stairs:lovestruck:
He was found outdoors in a factory area,probably used to scrounge for food and felt he needed a stockpile just in case:laughing: