Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Found Cat in Ajax, Ont

D. Anderson
November 28th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Small black and gray tabby with white markings - female. Found in North Ajax on November 26th. Would dearly love to return her to her family as we are unable to keep her. Please contact my by return post.

badger
November 28th, 2007, 03:06 PM
Thanks for taking this little girl in.

You may want to put up some posters in corner stores, laundromats, on telephone poles, etc. I think CAT FOUND and the area is sufficient, no picture. You don't want the ghouls calling you.

Also, post on these sites:
www.petfinder.com/post/classifiedhop.html[/
www.canadastrays.com/
www.animalrescuenetwork.org/
http://www.rapt-lfpn.org/en/accueil.html

Ads in neighbourhood newspapers are good, and often free.

I hope you won't have to turn her out. If you can't find the owner, there are other solutions :)

D. Anderson
November 28th, 2007, 03:22 PM
Thanks for the advise. We have the "found cat" poster already to go. Thanks for the list of other areas to post her picture. I was surprised that the Humane Society didn't have a spot for "found" animals unless they were in the shelter. Rest assured that we would never just turn her back into the street or for that matter, even take her to a shelter when the poor things get put down. We will find her a home and since my husband is the current problem, maybe we can turn his thinking around and coax him into keeping her. We do have a dog, guinea pig, hamster and a fish, so why not welcome a cat into our home as well. Keep your fingers crossed that we find her owners.:thumbs up

chico2
November 28th, 2007, 05:21 PM
Thank you for rescuing this little girl:thumbs up
In case you don't find the owner,
husbands can often be turned around,my husband did not like cats,at the very beginning,but it soon changed after our first kitty came along.
We've had several cats and currently 3.:laughing:
Good Luck!

Chris21711
November 29th, 2007, 09:35 AM
My hubby did not like cats either, then about 30 years ago we were at a customers house and there was a kitten outside who had apparently been hanging around a while and the woman did not want to take him in. Needless to say the rest is history, we have had cats ever since.

Love4himies
November 29th, 2007, 02:10 PM
My husband said no cats he is allergic when we first met. Well that lasted a couple of years, got our first cat. That was 20 years ago, now we have three. He gets just as attached to them as I do and I am an obsessed cat person.

With all those other critters in your house, he won't even notice the cat. Well, until it gets the zoomies with your dog :p.

D. Anderson
November 29th, 2007, 02:37 PM
You ladies don't need to try to make a cat lover out of me. I have owned cats for as long as I can remember. When I met my husband, my sweet little female was part of the deal. He accepted. Later I found another stray cat and took him in. I think the problem was that all along he wanted a dog and I was having none of that with 2 cats. I told him that when they go, we will get a dog. My first little female was 21 when we had to put her down and our little stray was 22. That was a long time to wait! We have a deep love for our dog and I became a bit of a cat hater thinking back on hair-balls, cat boxes, scratched furniture, smelly food and the unavoidable accidents when they became elderly. I have fallen in love with this pretty girl though, and if it is up to me, she will be welcome here but certainly not at the risk of my marriage. I think I know how this will end and I am pretty sure that I am going to name her Cruiser!

Of course, I want her reunited with her owner. I really would rather live cat free.:eek: