Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Taking Maks to the vet

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 10:45 AM
So I called the vet to ask them what they thought about Maks issue and they told me to bring him in.

He's really not had a completely solid stool since I got him. And the last couple of days, they've been runnier and light brown.

The tech that answered said he might have some parasite that wasn't caught when they screened for worms and something that needs to be treated with separate medication.

Poor little guy. So tonight I take him in at 8:30. Hopefully they'll find out what's up and give me some medication for him to get better. I hope he doesn't have anything serious though.:pray:

krdahmer
November 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
Ya you don't need pesky parasites again!!! Hope it's just a food issue! :fingerscr

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 11:06 AM
NO, that was an issue with Oksana not long ago. It was something they almost didn't catch. I just don't get it. They're indoor cats! Damn this tropical weather!

Whatever it is, I hope its not serious and he'll be okay. I'm going to get some Sensitive Stomach food later on though. That might help, I know Oksana could probably use stuff like that too.

For a while I was buying the Hairball formula and Sensitive Stomach dry and mixing the two. I may go back to that.

14+kitties
November 28th, 2007, 11:06 AM
Will keep my fingers crossed for you. Poor Maks :(
:goodvibes: coming your way.

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Thanks, I need lots of positive energy.

I've grown to love those two little new ones very fast.