Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Stray kitty update

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 09:09 AM
Last night I got a box of some food for Czarina. I went downstairs this morning and noticed the grounds keeper doing some work around the area she usually hangs out around. I wasn't sure what to do because I didn't know if he'd say something about me leaving food out for her, but I took a chance and asked him if he'd seen the little stray kitty.

He said "Oh, you mean Misu, she's over there." He pointed to her and called her and even got on his knees while she came to him. I told him I wanted to give her some food, and he asked me how I'd give it to her, only because some people leave plates and cans, and some residents complain about the stuff laying around. But he said he was going to try and get her a little bowl to just have people put her stuff in there.

I was so happy to hear that there are other people who feed her. He told me that when she first was there she was very feral, and now she actually comes up to him and the other guy. She even came up to me and rubbed her head on my leg, and let me pet her with no fearl.

I put some food on a cardboard the guy gave me, and then another man came out, the same one that saw me feeding her the other day. He told me she usually waits in the afternoon for him to feed her.

I told them I felt very bad for her that she was alone, and they told me not to worry, she gets fed by them and other people and that she's quite friendly with the other kitties.

I can't tell you how happy that made me to know there are other people who care about her too.:) It gave me hope to know that there are so many people watching out not just for her, but the other kitties around the complex.

CearaQC
November 28th, 2007, 09:20 AM
:D

Kinda reminds me of the Benji movie, where the dog would go from place to place, visiting everyone and being cared for by many.

Maybe that kitty is doing the same?

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 09:23 AM
She's definitely a resident kitty, but it's nice to know there are other caring people around feeding her.

clm
November 28th, 2007, 09:38 AM
It's wonderful that so many people are looking out for her. Sounds like she's pretty happy with all the attention too.

Cindy

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 10:06 AM
My heart felt so heavy for her the other day, and now I'm just so happy to know she's being cared for by so many people. She's just such a lovely Tortie, with the most amazing aqua blue eyes.

14+kitties
November 28th, 2007, 10:19 AM
Oh yeah, her name should be Mooch ;)
She sounds like an absolute angel though and one very lucky gal.

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 10:28 AM
LOL, but aren't they all really mooches? :D

Jim Hall
November 28th, 2007, 08:55 PM
when i lived in the burbs i could pretty much tell time by when the various cats would come my yard to get fed and tease the dogs

Frenchy
November 28th, 2007, 09:16 PM
ancientgirl , with all of you guys feeding her , she's going to get fat ! :laughing:

There are some nice people , I'm very happy some of them are your neighbors :thumbs up

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 10:27 PM
Im' really happy that there are other good people living here. I feel good for her and not as sad as I was feeling at the beginning of the week. LOL, but if I managed to some day get myself a little place with a yard, I'm still taking her with me!:D