Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Catuary

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 04:34 PM
It isn't pretty but please remember this shed was put together very quickly to give these guys a warm place to curl up in. In the spring I have already warned hubby that we are doing an extention so they have a play area indoors for rainy days. :fingerscr money permits. That way the sleeping/eating area can stay a little neater! The extention in the pic is where the litter boxes are. Even ferels can be trained! ;)

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 04:39 PM
And a few more.........

chico2
November 27th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I think any feral kitty will think their house is a Grand Hotel:cat:
Do they go outside in that huge fenced in area??

badger
November 27th, 2007, 06:21 PM
A palace! They can come and go as they please, right?

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 08:17 PM
If you mean come and go as they please and they can roam wherever they want, no. We put up that fenced area you see in the pics which is 100 ft x 25ft. They have free run in there and seem for the most part content with that. That way I don't have to scrape them off the road when they want to run to the other side and don't watch for cars. Have had to do that this past summer which is how the "catuary" came into being. That is not fun.
I don't even consider them ferel kittens anymore because they aren't with me. They have just adopted me and I them. I sometimes think I have FOOD written all over me and that is why they accept me.:laughing::laughing:

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 08:21 PM
That bottom picture is of some of them waiting "patiently" for me to get in to feed them in the morning. The little :angel:'s ;)

Frenchy
November 27th, 2007, 08:30 PM
Oh my ! Grand hotel for sure ! And they even have trees to play in ! :cloud9:

You have a little rescue going there ..... I think you should register as one , you could get donations , help with the spay and neuter and put them up for adoption ! :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 08:37 PM
I could, couldn't I? But not my babies for adoption! I have been looking after these guys since they were tiny babies. I think that may be part of the reason the mommas take off. I have taken her job! I have a feeling any cat that came near me would immediately be mine. Hubby would pitch a fit!!!! He has been extremely sweet about these ones but there is a limit. Anything that makes me happy. ;) :laughing::laughing:
Believe me, I have been thinking a lot about that lately. God willing, you just never know..........
Can see it now...... come buy your plants and your pets at the same place. ;)

Frenchy
November 27th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Can see it now...... come buy your plants and your pets at the same place. ;)

You could grow your own cat nip ! :lightbulb:

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 08:40 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
.......but, but, but......... I already do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Frenchy
November 27th, 2007, 08:47 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:
.......but, but, but......... I already do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't know :sorry: gosh , those cats are in heaven ! :thumbs up

Smiley14
November 27th, 2007, 10:24 PM
OHHH, just look at those lucky kitties! It is so NICE knowing they have a home instead of wandering as strays. :cloud9:

chico2
November 28th, 2007, 07:58 AM
14+kitties,I am sure those kittens have everything they could ever want,including trees to climb:cat:
I suppose taking them in the house for the winter is out of the question,hubby would probably object to 14 kittens in your bed:laughing:
They probably curl up in their hotel and keep each other warm..

14+kitties
November 28th, 2007, 08:08 AM
Ohhh Chico2 , if I only could! We already share the bed with a 13 yr old toy poodle who is very jealous anytime mommy's attention is on anything else! She is only 5 pounds but she tends to ssttrreettcchh them out. :laughing::laughing:
The shed the kitties are in is insulated and floor, ceiling and walls are all carpeted. The numerous shelves we added for climbing and cuddling and sleeping are all carpeted as well and there are blankies in there. I was in it yesterday when we had that snow squall that came out of nowhere and it was warmer than my house! Now I just have to get them to stop using kitty door and stay in there during storms. :crazy: kitties.
If I see they are not happy out there I will find a way to get them in here but they seem to love it so far.:goodvibes:

ancientgirl
November 28th, 2007, 11:00 AM
That's a cool little home you have for them. And I love that the fence is there so they can run around as they please. I'd love to have a huge yard where I could put up a fence and let my little ones run as fas as they could all over the place.

rainbow
November 29th, 2007, 02:35 AM
Oh my ! Grand hotel for sure ! And they even have trees to play in ! :cloud9:

You have a little rescue going there ..... I think you should register as one , you could get donations , help with the spay and neuter and put them up for adoption ! :thumbs up

I agree. :thumbs up And, awesome job you've done there.....those kitties are so lucky to have you. :angel:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks, but I think I am lucky to have them. ;)

chico2
November 29th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Yes,you are,lucky that you have a big property,where you are able to take care of these lucky kitties.
But it does not diminish the fact that you are doing a wonderful thing.
I am sure you know cats can live to be 20yrs old,is this a longterm arrangement??
Then again,nobody really knows what the future holds:confused:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2007, 05:12 PM
I guess I have never said but I have had cats before. :) My oldest one lived to be 19. That was a sad time when I had to put him down but he had an amazing long life. Only kitty I ever knew who got sunburned so he was strictly an indoor king.
I know it's a long time arrangement. I have already warned my 3 kids that they could be inheriting a lot of kittys if anything happens to me. My stepsons aren't interested but all 3 of my grown kids are very responsible cat owners.
You are right, you never know what the future holds. But I do know that there are as many furry fuzzy lovable kissable sqeezeable kittys in it that I can manage to feed. At this moment the number is at 20.

chico2
November 29th, 2007, 05:16 PM
Oh,Oh that's a LOT of food:laughing:
I never doubted you knew about kitties,or you would not be doing what you are doing,I am just a little jealous,that's all:cat:

14+kitties
November 29th, 2007, 07:04 PM
Don't be jealous Chico2 ;) I'm sure next summer I will have more added to this bunch. People like to throw them out around here. You can come adopt a few then. :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::D
I couldn't bear to part with any of the ones I have now. They were mine from the first time I held them. I spend so much time in there with those sweeties I think hubby is getting a little jealous. Not to mention I never get any work done!
It's amazing watching them play and all the different personalities. Some come when I call their names, some look and me and say what? But the more, the merrier. I sit in the one of their chairs and have about 6 of them clambering to try to find a spot on my knee. So cute. Mizz Purrrfect is my biggest suck. Can't get a pic of her because she is usually in my arms or tripping me.

krdahmer
November 29th, 2007, 11:36 PM
That is awesome... I can't wait to show my hubby those pics, maybe then he'll stop lookin at me like I'm nuts! :rolleyes:

And all those kitties look very excited to see you! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for vet costs? Cover them all yourself? Use any home remedies? I can imagine the food costs... but vet bills for 20!!!:eek::eek::eek:

14+kitties
November 30th, 2007, 10:34 AM
That is awesome... I can't wait to show my hubby those pics, maybe then he'll stop lookin at me like I'm nuts! :rolleyes:

And all those kitties look very excited to see you! If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for vet costs? Cover them all yourself? Use any home remedies? I can imagine the food costs... but vet bills for 20!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Can you say C R E D I T ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
At this moment I am still searching for some help from organizations but I am doing credit so far. (I hear Frenchy making noises in the background ;) )That won't last long. :o I just started a new business last year which is seasonal and money is very tight but we make do. Two go in for fixing next week so it's a start. I am doing searches for home remedies and the options of feeding raw (at least for a treat) but with this many it may be too pricy. I am giving them eggs and chicken a few times a week now. And yep, food costs are high but they are worth it. If anyone has any ideas for home remedies I would love to hear them.

SARAH
November 30th, 2007, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=krdahmer;507982]That is awesome... I can't wait to show my hubby those pics, maybe then he'll stop lookin at me like I'm nuts! :rolleyes: QUOTE]

Same here, :laughing: I've been trying to get a second cat so Misti would have someone her own size to pick on, but I meet only refusal :wall: Hee-hee, my dad found a solution this fall though, when they came visiting him and mom, from France: he's started Lewis a cat-collection! You know, the un-live kinds. Little statuettes? Well, for now, he has all of one :laughing: a brown wodden one with a golden saddle-like pattern on it's back.

I'd prefer another live one though :frustrated: