Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

It's over....My baby is gone

Janie123
November 27th, 2007, 09:35 AM
My husband called me in tears to let me know Pepper isn't suffering anymore. He'll be home soon but wanted to wait til he was a bit more calm.
Pepper gave us 17 years of love and laughter. Today will be a day of tears. I'm glad he isn't suffering anymore.:cry::pray::cry:

Jack1337
November 27th, 2007, 09:38 AM
:(
This is way too sad even for me.
But hey, you gave him a WONDERFUL life and thats what really matters, 17 years is a lot and you guys should be proud of that and be happy he lived in such a good family.

Now get a new cat, or cats ASAP, trust me, I know you probably think you won't ever be able to love a cat as much as this one and you probably think you won't be able to love them the same way, and thats true, but you'll love that other cat in a different way and the love is going to be just as strong, so be sure to get a new kitty as soon as possible.

want4rain
November 27th, 2007, 09:40 AM
:candle:

more than a few members will be sharing this moment with you. keep the good moments close to your heart.

-ash

14+kitties
November 27th, 2007, 09:47 AM
I am so sorry. Please know we are thinking about you and sharing your pain.:candle:

LavenderRott
November 27th, 2007, 09:57 AM
I am so sorry.

Jim Hall
November 27th, 2007, 10:05 AM
:candle::candle:

Element~5
November 27th, 2007, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry. My heart goes out to you.

:rip: Pepper

joeysmama
November 27th, 2007, 10:18 AM
Oh Janie. I'm so sorry. I've been through this and I know that it just tears your heart in pieces. :sad:

Try to take comfort in knowing that Pepper isn't suffering anymore. It's the most difficult thing to do. Your sweet baby no longer has pain. So even thogh you're in pain now, try to remember that you did a very kind thing for Pepper. :grouphug:

JanM
November 27th, 2007, 10:23 AM
:candle: :rip: :candle:

Love4himies
November 27th, 2007, 10:24 AM
:cry::grouphug: I know this is soooo hard for you. Pepper no longer feels sick and is in a peaceful place. I am crying right along with you, Janie123.

The pain will subside and if you want to share any stories of Pepper we would love to read them.

Take care and do what you need to grieve.

:rip:Pepper:candle:

Winston
November 27th, 2007, 10:40 AM
Janie123...Your precious Pepper is at peace! You were awondeerful mommy and Pepper had a wonderful long life ..

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

We will all be thinking of you and Pepper today!
:rip:

hazelrunpack
November 27th, 2007, 10:48 AM
:grouphug:

:candle: Pepper

welread1
November 27th, 2007, 11:00 AM
i'm so sorry for your loss. A best friend's passing is one of life's most difficult path's we all, at sometime in our time here, must travel. Th eonly thing I can say to comfort you is to know that Pepper now travels once again with the Great Spirit Mother and now knows no phyiscal boundaries that once restricted her. She knew how much you loved her and that affection, I'm sure was returned.

Youa re in all our thoughts.:grouphug:

rjesak
November 27th, 2007, 11:18 AM
I am so sorry. There are so many of us here who are right there with you (tears and all). We all remember being there

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

krdahmer
November 27th, 2007, 12:05 PM
:cry::grouphug::pray: It's a good thing that Pepper is no longer suffering, but always so hard to say goodbye. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. :grouphug:

Frenchy
November 27th, 2007, 12:25 PM
So sorry for your loss :sad:

BusterBoo
November 27th, 2007, 12:39 PM
:rip: Sweet baby.....

Run free at the Bridge with my Harley dude!

chico2
November 27th, 2007, 12:41 PM
Aww Janie,you did what was right for Pepper,but I know it does not heal your pain of losing her:sad:most of us here have been there,myself several times,we know the pain and cry with you.
If you want to and if it helps,tell us a little about Pepper and her,what must have been wonderful life.:rip:sweet Pepper

Janie123
November 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM
Thanks so much. It helps to know others know how I feel. To night will be hard without my baby beside me but I know he's feeling better and waiting for me,with all my other pets,at the Rainbow Bridge. My tearful husband said it was very quiet and peaceful. I am glad he is no longer suffering.:cry2::cry2:

ancientgirl
November 27th, 2007, 02:11 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know Pepper is not suffering anymore and she was happy to have been with you as long as she was.

Take care and know that she will always be with you.:candle::grouphug:

chico2
November 27th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Janie sorry,I thought Pepper was a little girl:sad:
Your husband is right,it is a very peaceful passing,no pain,just sleep..

dmc123
November 27th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Janie,

I am so sorry!

Diane

happycats
November 27th, 2007, 07:32 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. :rip: sweet pepper :candle:

Shaykeija
November 27th, 2007, 11:26 PM
:sorry::cry: for your loss :pawprint::pawprint:

growler~GateKeeper
November 27th, 2007, 11:41 PM
:2huggers: Janie your :angel2: Pepper is now watching over you & your family :grouphug:

A lifetime of love, memories & silly moments will keep Pepper close to you always

:rip: Sweet Pepper :cat: :candle:

Luba
November 28th, 2007, 02:03 AM
God is with Pepper for now and forever :pray:

shredy
November 28th, 2007, 02:12 AM
I am so sorry for your loss, but if it is any consolation he is no longer in pain, the lst few days he was thanking you for a good life and telling you how much he loved you. I know how you feel having lost my Shade girl so recently. Let yourself grieve and talk about him as much as you need to . The people here helped me immensely in my time of sorrow. In time the pain will lessen and you will have your memories to keep him alive.

:rip: Pepper run free again :candle:

Puppy_Pal
November 29th, 2007, 02:25 PM
:candle::rip:

Janie123
November 29th, 2007, 03:44 PM
I'm doing better now. It's funny how much they are a part of your lives. I got up this morning and was sleepily feeding the dogs and started to get food out for Pepper too. The afternoons seem lonely because that was his time to be with me. He was so quiet and cuddly.....on his terms of course. He's in a better place. No longer suffering and chasing his pal Bubba all over the place. :) :thumbs up:cloud9: