Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Yet Another Place to Peddle Unwanted Pets - A Rant

Writing4Fun
November 26th, 2007, 08:59 PM
How many of you are familiar with Facebook? Well, I'm on there daily - just one more on-line addiction for me. :rolleyes: They have these "local classified ads" that come up on the sides of the main page. Well, today, there was an add for a 7 month old male pug, $300. Why are they getting rid of him? Because he's dominating their other dog and the other dog is going off it's food. So, the poor little fella, who is a WONDERFUL dog, btw - great character, friendly, loving, great with kids, yadda, yadda - just HAS to go.

After all, it's way easier to place an on-line classified ad than to - oh, I don't know - have him neutered, maybe? Take him to obedience classes, maybe?

Oh, but she absolutely LOVES this dog, so she's only accepting serious enquiries, because she wants to make sure she gets the BEST new home for him.

Ugh!! :yell: :wall: :frustrated:

Frenchy
November 26th, 2007, 09:24 PM
That is why I don't look at adds anymore. I do sometimes look for goldens (free to good homes or people who ask for a low price) and I reply to them explaining about our rescue, 90% of people don't even reply back. :shrug:

otter
November 26th, 2007, 11:58 PM
The most popular pet posting place around here is the bulletin board at the grocery store... "would you like a puppy with your groceries today? we offer carry out!" :frustrated:

I'm totally pissed at someone trying to sell puppies for Christmas presents :yell:
How ***!!&&@@@*** can people be!:wall:

krdahmer
November 27th, 2007, 12:23 PM
I hear ya, I've noticed more and more of those ads coming up on facebook... doesn't surprise me though. :frustrated:

Melinda
November 27th, 2007, 12:50 PM
there is something that can be done, I don't know if it will do any good, but myself and a few friends emailed the adm. of facebook and asked them to please pull and not allow pet ads, maybe if enough people did this?? I know it's a drop in the bucket, oh, and at our grocerystore....I remove the ads and put up printed sheets about the cons of buying pups off of boards, and about spay and neuturing , byb's etc...try it.

SolaMio
December 24th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Argh-- this is the worst one I've seen yet: "Free kittens for Christmas in [town name]". I don't know where to start. I hope they do indeed get good homes and are not disregarded after the holidays :cry:

:wall: :eek: :yell: :frustrated:

SARAH
December 24th, 2007, 08:16 AM
I don't even go on facebook or any other creepy place like that.

I'm only on fitness sites (only ads for equipment, books, audios, some supplements that I don't read) and here.

No need to mingle with the lower mentalities :evil: call me a snob if you will, but it's not a money type of snob, it's a mental one, so I hope it's more acceptable.

Good luck to all you little animals being peddled for Christmas and other holidays and birthdays :grouphug:

ancientgirl
December 24th, 2007, 12:05 PM
I'll never understand people like that. As one poster said, why not take the dog to obedience training or get him neutered. People always want to take the easy way out.

I wonder if one of their kids was being bossy to another of their kids they would think about giving them away too!

Pets are not disposable!:mad: