Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I can't do it.

Janie123
November 26th, 2007, 06:49 PM
:cry: They wanted to put Pepper to sleep today but I can't do it. He's eating but doesn't keep much down. He just wants to cuddle and purr so that's what we will do. I know it's best for him but I'm having a hard time saying good-bye. :cry: God,please give me strength.:pray::cry:

allymack
November 26th, 2007, 06:53 PM
aww, janie i am so sorry this is so hard for you both. and only you can make the decision of when it is time. i hope you can just comfort him untill then, were here for you.:grouphug::pray:

BusterBoo
November 26th, 2007, 07:24 PM
Janie, I am so sory..... :sorry: I know it's the hardest thing to have to do....to let go, and you will know when it is time. Don't let Pepper suffer, give him lots of love and prepare yourself. It's never easy....:pray:

sugarcatmom
November 26th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Oh Janie, I feel for you. It's the biggest and most loving gift we can give our pets, and also the most difficult. Perhaps if you check out this Quality of Life Scale (http://www.veterinarypracticenews.com/vet-practice-news-columns/oncology-outlook/quality-of-life-for-pets.aspx), it might help clarify things for you. :cry:

Frenchy
November 26th, 2007, 08:18 PM
Poor you :sad: I know how hard this is :grouphug: please trust your vet and Pepper on this , don't let him suffer too long :o Do something special with him , spend lots of time with him , talk to him to explain things (it helped me :o)

And we are here for you :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
November 26th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I'm sorry things didn't go better today, Janie. It's so hard to let them go. Listen to your heart. You'll know when it's time. You'll find the strength...

:grouphug:

shredy
November 26th, 2007, 10:32 PM
I am so sorry for what you are going through. Spend every second with him until you are ready and know that what you are doing is impossibly hard, but the kindest gift you can give to him. I have been there and I know how hard it is :grouphug::grouphug::goodvibes::candle:

JanM
November 26th, 2007, 10:33 PM
Follow your heart and know you are doing the very best for your friend. My prayers are with you both :sorry:

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2007, 10:41 PM
I can find no word of consulation that have not already been said
I am sure you will find the right time .:pray:

growler~GateKeeper
November 26th, 2007, 10:45 PM
:grouphug: I know how you're hurting :sad: the descision is never easy in any circumstance & we always wish for a lifetime with our loved ones. You were not ready to let go today which made it impossible for you to release Pepper. Give the two of you the night & morning, hopefully the right descision for Pepper will be clearer then. :grouphug: We are all here for you :grouphug:

Janie123
November 26th, 2007, 11:27 PM
Pepper will sleep with me tonight then my husband will take him to the vet in the morning. I just want just tonight with him. It is just too hard for me to take him. I'm still not over losing my dog. My husband is very strong and said he will stay with him to the end. Wow,this is hard. Thanks for your best wishes. My heart says to cuddle with him tonight then do the right thing. It's hard when he keeps touching my face with his little kitty paw. I think he is saying good-bye. He is not suffering. He's just lost more weight and I don't want him to get worse before we do this.
Thanks again.:grouphug::cry::cry:

Jim Hall
November 26th, 2007, 11:32 PM
he is thanking you for a wonderfull life be proud and happy that you have felt the love of another soul.
You wil see him again i am sure of that Its not goodbye but see you later

growler~GateKeeper
November 26th, 2007, 11:43 PM
Janie123 you give Pepper all the kisses he will stand, tell him you love him - even though he already knows it & tell him he'll see you again @ the bridge. Pepper is telling you he will watch over you until then :grouphug:

Shaykeija
November 27th, 2007, 01:51 AM
:sorry: this will be a hard day for you. :cry:

Love4himies
November 27th, 2007, 07:15 AM
:grouphug: to you. You are doing what your heart knows is best for Pepper. Hope your night with him was special.

:cry:

clm
November 27th, 2007, 07:15 AM
Such a hard thing to do. My thoughts are with you and Pepper today. :candle:

Cindy

rjesak
November 27th, 2007, 08:04 AM
It's the hardest thing to do and the only consolation will be knowing that your baby, Pepper, is not suffering anymore. I'm so so sorry. :grouphug:

12Paws
November 27th, 2007, 08:07 AM
Sometimes there aren't enough words to express oneself but know that we are thinking of you and your family this morning during this difficult time.