Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

We HATE you!

pitgrrl
November 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
The inevitable happened and we got a bunch of snow, which means cold and a bunch of salt, which results in torturing the dogs under the guise of keeping them from freezing and hurting their feet.

They're obviously very grateful for all that I do for them :laughing:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pitgrrl/DSC_0021-1.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b84/pitgrrl/DSC_0023.jpg

12Paws
November 26th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Those are hilarious. The first one looks like "Mommy, do I have to?" and the second pic is pure pouting!

sugarcatmom
November 26th, 2007, 03:02 PM
Ahhhhhahahahah! So funny. Unless you're the one wearing all the gear, I suppose. Teehee. Never have I seen such looks of utter dejection.

JanM
November 26th, 2007, 03:27 PM
Oh my but that is a dejected look! Pretty neat outfit though :D

mummummum
November 26th, 2007, 03:34 PM
:eek: How COULD you ????? Oh, you cruel, cruel Mummy. :yell:

:laughing:

That's quite the gear though! Holy hannah, by the ttime I figured out how to get that on, it would be lunch! :D

Writing4Fun
November 26th, 2007, 04:21 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Oh, yeah! He looks impressed! :laughing: :laughing:

Did you tell him that he's stylin', though? 'Cause he is - a very handsome fella, and black is perfect for any occasion! :D

ancientgirl
November 26th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Oh poor guy. He looks so um...happy. :laughing:

chico2
November 26th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Awww,I think he looks great,nice outfit:dog:
The dejected look is just to get sympathy,he knows he looks good,those booties though...hmmmmm
However did you get him to keep them on:confused:

marko
November 26th, 2007, 05:06 PM
OMG - hilarious picture - all he needs is one of those black hats and a whip to complete the outfit. :D:evil:

pitgrrl
November 26th, 2007, 06:30 PM
okay, first guys, you do realize it's two different dogs, right?:laughing:

So yes, they look very, very pathetic, but they only have about 1/4 inch of fur, and we live in a very, very heavily salted area, so what can I do? This really is the best option.

Thankfully, the coats and harnesses are super fast and easy to put on, and the boots (which is what the dogs really object to), well, they're a necessary evil that I think I hate almost as much as the dogs. :shrug:

Did you tell him that he's stylin', though? 'Cause he is - a very handsome fella, and black is perfect for any occasion! :D

Ya know, I get asked pretty frequently if they're police dogs, or some sort of working dogs when they wear those coats. Apparently they just scream "authority" :laughing:

BusterBoo
November 26th, 2007, 07:27 PM
:laughing: Those poor babies!!! Did they actually take a step with those booties on????

At least they will be warm and dry!!!!

Frenchy
November 26th, 2007, 08:33 PM
omg ! :laughing: just look at their faces , specially the one in the second pic , poor poor dog :sad:

These coats are sooo cool :cool:

Writing4Fun
November 26th, 2007, 09:04 PM
okay, first guys, you do realize it's two different dogs, right?:laughing: LOL! No, I totally didn't! :laughing: :o But, now that you mentioned it, I do see that one is a little greyer in the muzzle, and darker around the eyes and ears.

Nonetheless, they're both very dashing. :cool:

Marko ... :laugh:

pitgrrl
November 26th, 2007, 09:48 PM
It's okay, even my vet's been known to almost poke a needle into the wrong dog :laughing:

Frenchy
November 26th, 2007, 09:57 PM
But now that you pointed it out , we do see a difference , one has a black mask. (he's my favorite :o)

Dracko
November 26th, 2007, 10:53 PM
Lord, they look like they don't even want to move.

To me the 2nd one made me LOL cuz the legs look so skinny with the booties on. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

I'm glad Dracko has lots of fur and salt isn't a problem around here. Although he gets so excited about going for a walk he'd forget about what was on him quickly I'm sure.

growler~GateKeeper
November 26th, 2007, 11:56 PM
Awww Streets & Basil - so handsome :cloud9:

You tell your boys they are styin' in black, my boy was in green & red cuz @ that time there was only one colour per size ;)

Cally :rip: :dog: Dal x Lab needed a coat & boots in winter too - he loved his jacket (fleecy inside) & didn't mind the boots (but yours look way better :thumbs up) too much, he would even lift each leg for me to put them on, once he realised he could go tromping through the snow in them :D He LOVED snow :lovestruck:

rainbow
November 29th, 2007, 03:01 AM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: the second pic is priceless. :D

I always get both your dogs mixed up cuz you don't post enough pics. :o They are both gorgeous :lovestruck: and I love their outfits. :cool:

pitgrrl
November 30th, 2007, 09:39 AM
Cally was adorable. He looks like he's ready to take on the world :laughing:

SARAH
November 30th, 2007, 10:57 AM
I feel soooo lazy for just letting the girls out in the back yard :sleepy: but they have fun racing after the squirrels (who always get away :yell::dog:)

Misti is on her leash up on the deck, wondering why the birds are so much farther away from the railing when she's outside than when she is inside behind the glass door ( :yell::cat:)

Yes I know, I must take some snow pics of them, and make sure Lewis posts them :pray: but the trouble is, up on the deck there's no snow: Dani and Sheba (especially Sheba) eat it up!!!! :laughing:

Your pooches are just SO adorable in those outfits though! And you're right to put the boots on against that salt :mad:

pitgrrl
December 1st, 2007, 11:45 AM
I feel soooo lazy for just letting the girls out in the back yard :sleepy:

I would give alot for a yard, especially on January mornings at 7am, before I've had any coffee. But nooooooo, I decided to live smack in the middle of a commercial area in a loft. :wall:

CearaQC
December 1st, 2007, 12:47 PM
Heck I wish I had a fenced in area.

Have to get up at 5 am, put tons of clothes on, plus winter coat, hat, gloves, and snow boots, put leash on dog and go with her.

If she's tied out on a chain, she just sits there and won't potty. Or worse, tries to dig under the house.

Those are great outfits though! They seem kinda ticked at having all that gear on. :laughing: