Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Here

Cory7
November 26th, 2007, 12:49 PM
Hi everyone,

As an animal lover and owner I am so excited to have found a place where we can talk about our pets.

I own one dog. He's a 3 1/2 year old male Lab mix. He's a medium sized dog weighing about 56 pounds and he's the cutest thing ever. We got him as a pup and we were already his third home :-( But luckily for him this was his forever home. We had him fixed and obedience trained. He's such a good boy with lots of manners. We LOVE him so much and is part of our family. He's SO spoiled and has me wrapped around his paws!! My husband keeps telling me "if only I could get away with what the dog gets away with"

I truly believe in animal rights and I am constantly on Peta's website, Pet abuse etc trying to petition and trying to make things change.

Whenever there is an action alert on an animal abuse case I write letters to the Judges, prosecutors in order for the abuser to get the maximum sentence.

I also applied to be a dog foster mommy for one of our animal agencies here in Montreal. I am waiting for their call. I AM SO EXCITED. Knowing that I will save a life is so rewarding. I also rescued 2 dogs so far and they have returned to their owners!!

I CANNOT STAND ANIMAL ABUSE!!! My next project is writing to our PM in order to get our animal abuse laws updated.

So that's a little about me. Hope to talk to you all soon.

Cory

welread1
November 26th, 2007, 01:06 PM
Hi Cory 7!
I'm new too! Welcome, welcome!
It's so nice to know there are others out there that feel as strongly as I do about our responsibility to our fellow planetary inhabitants!

A big hello to your fuury friend as well! :crazy:

LavenderRott
November 26th, 2007, 01:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum!

I think you will find that most members here are just as dedicated to their animals as you are and we all feel the same way about animal abuse.

I hope that you come with an open mind. I am sure that some of what you read here will shock you.

Cory7
November 26th, 2007, 01:27 PM
Hi welread1,

Welcome to you too!! I'm also very happy to have found a place where people are just as passionate about animals like me.

I LOVE talking about my Logan and it must drive everyone around me crazy BUT I can't help it.

So I take it you have 4 dogs?? You are SO lucky!! I'm trying to convince my hubby to get another dog but he thinks one is fine for now. I guess with fostering it will fulfill both our needs.

Cory

Cory7
November 26th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Hi Sandi,

Thank you so much for welcoming me!!

The reason why I chose this forum is because I knew I would find people with the same passion as me - animals. I've been wanting to join for some time now but finally made the move.

I do come with an open mind as I read my share of stories of horrific abuse. It's comforting to know that I don't stand alone on this issue.

Cory

welread1
November 26th, 2007, 02:00 PM
Yes, we have four dogs and it's a tremendous amount of work. My son is 16 and he spoils them bad too! They are all our babies!

As you can probably tell, they are ALL spoiled rotten- they sleep on the beds and furniture, eat in the bedrooms, and generally run the show.... we love them all and would not dream of parting with :dog: any of them- but it's def. a lot of work.... walking, feeding, and cuddling and vet visits can be costly- it's important they each get time and cuddles......and a lovely bunch they are!