Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

He knows God will soon call him home. :(

Janie123
November 25th, 2007, 04:49 PM
Pepper, my 17 year old cat going is going into kidney failure. He knows he will be crossing the Rainbow Bridge sometime soon. He's always been very independent. If you want a cuddle,it has to be his idea,not mine. He's not the type I can just pick up and hold. Well,he wasn't til now.
He wants to be near me always. I'm an artist and I love to draw while watching TV. But I can't do that now. Pepper crawls up in my lap or on my shoulder and just purrs and purrs. He sleeps beside me at night. If he wants to be petted,he takes his little kitty paw and lightly taps my hand. Tears come. I have to take him for his check up tomorrow. He has a huge sore under his neck that antibiotics aren't healing.
I pray he comes home with me tomorrow. He has a slight heart murmur. The vet said it it becomes a "galloping' murmur like my Mitzie had,the kindest things would be to let him go.
So,I'm praying!:pray::pray::pray:

JanM
November 25th, 2007, 05:07 PM
I am so sorry you and your kitty are having such a hard time. I hope and pray that all goes well for both of you!

14+kitties
November 25th, 2007, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry Janie. I know how hard it is to say goodbye. My heart bleeds for you.

BusterBoo
November 25th, 2007, 05:51 PM
Janie, I am so sorry to hear that your kitty isn't doing well....:pray: I hope your Vet can give you some positive news tomorrow, or help guide you to the decision.

mummummum
November 25th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Is there anything you can do to make him more comfortable? A poultice for the sore? A heating pad ?

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2007, 06:11 PM
I hope pepper finds a way to get better soon. I pray she is comfortable and is not suffering. :pray:

Jack1337
November 25th, 2007, 06:33 PM
This is some depressing stuff right there :(
They should really find a way to make pets live longer and make is so they suffer less medical conditions.

Sorry to hear this, I dunno what else to say when it comes to stuff like this, these things suck big time.

Frenchy
November 25th, 2007, 09:21 PM
Oh Janie123 , I'm so sorry :sad:

krdahmer
November 25th, 2007, 10:48 PM
:grouphug::pray: I'll pray with you.

growler~GateKeeper
November 26th, 2007, 02:44 AM
:2huggers: :goodvibes: :fingerscr :pray: :grouphug:

allymack
November 26th, 2007, 06:24 AM
i am so sorry you and pepper are having such a hard time,:sad: and trust me i know how hard it is. i hope the vet gives you some positive news today. everyone is sending out prayers and good vibes:pray::grouphug::goodvibes:

chico2
November 26th, 2007, 07:18 AM
Janie,I am convinced,as I was with an elderly ill cat I had,they somehow know and try to give us comfort by showing unusually affectionate behaviour.
I am hoping you and your kitty still has some quality time left,but I believe he is telling you,it's ok to let him go if it has to be:grouphug:

welread1
November 26th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Your post made me tear up. I don't have cats- I have dogs- but I understand that special bond with a special best friend- you are in my thoughts and I wish Pepper the best at the vets. I could not imagine going throught what you are experiencing right now. You are very brave!
Hang in here. You are a very special person to understand that special bond not all humans have the gift of feeling...
Wishing you and your family the very best!
And remember- keep cuddling with Pepper..they are always there for us- and we are always there for them!

M

Cory7
November 26th, 2007, 12:56 PM
I am so sorry. I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers.

Cory

t.pettet
November 26th, 2007, 08:04 PM
My thoughts will be with you and Pepper tommorrow.

hazelrunpack
November 26th, 2007, 08:50 PM
Oh, Janie... :grouphug: I'm so sorry for your sadness. You've loved Pepper for 17 years and now he's showing you how much he appreciated it. And he's telling you it will all be okay.

Take the precious moments that are left and enjoy every one of them. Burn them into your memory. And, even after he's at the bridge, you'll still have him in your heart. 17 years of love won't be forgotten--by either of you.

:grouphug: