14+kitties
November 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Catching on to this uploading stuff.:crazy:

chico2
November 25th, 2007, 04:56 PM
They are beautiful:lovestruck:

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2007, 07:17 PM
They're lovely. 14 though? Wow, you are brave.

14+kitties
November 25th, 2007, 08:02 PM
Ancientgirl: I wouldn't say I am brave. Shelters around here are full to overflowing, pet stores have waiting lists, and I will not take them anywhere to be put down. I had at one time tried adopting a few out but no success. I had been asking a small monetary amount to cover food but also........ have you heard about people coming in to see "free Kitties", ooohhhinnggg and awwing over them, and then taking one home supposedly to give a nice home to only to feed it to their pet snake? I was warned about that by one rescue group. After I heard that I decided at least here they are well looked after and have a space all their own. It's a 1/4 acre with an insulated, carpeted shed (one BIG scratching post!!) and a row of pine trees down the middle of the area. It is fenced in and they can't get out. They are extremely happy and very very spoiled by me. They have issues with other people though. They are, after all, ferel kitties. If I have my way, and I hope I will, there will soon be 16 as there are still 2 little ones running around. I don't want them getting hit by cars and we are close to a road.
K, I will get off my bandwagon now. I hope I don't come across as being pissy. Not my intention. Just call me the Crazy Cat Lady. Everyone else does. :o

ancientgirl
November 25th, 2007, 08:29 PM
I didn't know people did that to kittens, but it doesn't surprise me. We live in a very disturbed society.

And actually, if you have the room then go for it. I've got a pretty good sized apartment, but I don't dare get any more cats. It would be just too much for me. You sound like you've got a kitty heaven.

Frenchy
November 25th, 2007, 09:12 PM
I didn't know people did that to kittens, but it doesn't surprise me. We live in a very disturbed society.

You don't want to know what happens to some "free to good home" pets. :sad:

14+kitties , good for you to give a home to these kitties :thumbs up

14+kitties
November 25th, 2007, 10:27 PM
I am lucky enough to live on 19.6 acres. Also probably why I have so many strays. People tend to drop off unwanteds in country and figure they will find their way to barns. I don't mind giving kitties a little portion of it to romp and play.

krdahmer
November 26th, 2007, 12:00 AM
OMG... You are living in my dream house!! I already warned my hubby that if he wants to live out in the boonies with land... well I am gonna rescue a whole lot more kitties. And your kitties are so cute! they look like they get to have a lot of fun. And I know what you mean about all the shelters and rescues... they always seem to be overflowing. :sad: It's very nice to know that there are 14 (16) that are being looked after! :thumbs up

And I tell you next time hubby whines about our 6... ha!:rolleyes:;)