Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Afternoon bird watching

sugarcatmom
November 24th, 2007, 05:24 PM
Aztec thinks the chickadees are looking particularly plump and juicy since I started putting black sunflower seeds out for them.

Deee-lish!

sugarcatmom
November 24th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Here he is in mid-chitter:

Luba
November 24th, 2007, 05:45 PM
particularly plump and juicy
pretty funny!

He's very handsome your boy!

clm
November 24th, 2007, 06:15 PM
Look at the concentration. Goes to show you, cats are natural hunters. No matter how long they've been domesticated, it's instinct.

Cindy

otter
November 24th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Aztec you are GORGEOUS! :lovestruck:

Beautiful pictures sugarcatmom :thumbs up

The chickadees were all chattery here today too, maybe the snow makes them more active? Molly kept looking up at the trees wondering what the heck was going on up there. Too much snow for my cats to be interesting in anything outside here... they are having to expend too much energy on snoooooozing:sleepy::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
November 25th, 2007, 03:11 AM
Aztec :lovestruck: you tell mum we want to see more of you

I love when they "talk" to the birds like that :cloud9:

CearaQC
November 25th, 2007, 06:37 AM
Excellent clear photos! Most of those are destined for framing!

I love those eyes too, so expressive.

Lukka'sma
November 25th, 2007, 07:20 AM
Those are magnificent pictures.
That is one concentrated gaze going on there. :D

chico2
November 25th, 2007, 07:21 AM
Sugarcatmom,I don't think I've ever seen your Aztec,he is a beautiful tabby-boy,great pics:cat:
I think with a little snow on the ground and no leaves on the trees,all the birds are more visible to the cats.
Right at this moment,a Hawk swooped down,not one single bird is visible and the Squirrels are frozen in place...it's amazing how they know a Hawk is a danger,but a Seagull is not:confused:

CearaQC
November 25th, 2007, 07:37 AM
it's amazing how they know a Hawk is a danger,but a Seagull is not:confused:

I'm terrified of the big hunter birds too!! Can't blame the other animals for the same. lol Seagulls are funny though, we have fun watching them at the mackerel fishing dock.

Couple of autumns ago, hubby and I were looking for ruffed grouse/partridge. We were sitting underneath red rod bushes... I hate those things... and a HUGE predator bird flew over. All I heard was the flap of the wings, and saw the massive shadow on the ground as the bird passed overhead. Then a mouse ran over my legs and I jumped up squealing. lol It felt like a Jurassic Park moment! :crazy: Was too scared to even look up, even though they are gorgeous, majestic birds. Hubby laughed and laughed.

chico2
November 25th, 2007, 07:45 AM
Ceara,I can just picture it:laughing::laughing:
I have 3 different kinds of Hawks+a little Kestrel coming here every day in the winter,I suppose they somehow know,because of the feeders we have a lot of birds.:confused:
Sugarcat,we need to see more pics of Aztec:thumbs up