Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can't Catch the Cat- advice?

Carlyg
November 23rd, 2007, 04:51 PM
Hello everyone
This post is not for me. THis one is for my younger cousin and she needs advice.

Her cat died last year and a few months ago she rescued 2 new ones from a shelter. A few days ago one of the cats got out and he hasn't come home. They finally found him a few blocks from her house, but he won't come home. She said he found another cat and they can't catch him. Also, another problem is that someone else is feeding him.

(I don't know much about cats, but wouldn't that just make the cat keep going back to the house. Would it be better if the lady stopped feeding him, then maybe he wold come home for food) I don't want to tell her that and then the cat starve to death.

ANyways, she can't catch him. What should she do?

badger
November 23rd, 2007, 08:04 PM
I don't know where your cousin lives but if the winter is cold in her area, she's not doing her cat any favours by leaving him outside, even if he is being fed regularly.
Can she not go and talk to the woman who is feeding him? Perhaps it would be possible to lure him inside with a nice can of tuna. The woman would probably be glad to have one less to feed (although if it is anything like my neighbourhood, there will be another poor creature along shortly to take his place).
She could also try borrowing a live trap from her local shelter or animal control and set it up near where he feeds. Maybe she'll get lucky and catch both of them.
Your cousin has to be proactive if she wants him back.

NoahGrey
November 24th, 2007, 03:15 PM
Your cousin has to be proactive if she wants him back.

Well said!

ACO22