Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Onnie and Hazel Randoms

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 03:04 PM
Its been a while since I posted and my Hazel is all grown up :cry:. Part of me is glad ( hehe no more stuck in sofa episodes...now we have stuck in closet for 4 hours and other adventures) but I miss his kitty cuteness.

Anywyas, some pics...

1) His first outdoor adventure (supervised) : I can see the flea horrors already.

2) Ummmm..what now mommy?

3) When in doubt, follow the big bro...down the deck they went.

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 03:05 PM
4) Sniff
5) sniff some more..hahaha sorry Onnie!
6) Watcha doing there bro?

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 03:07 PM
7) Hazel, looking like a pointer :p
8) chilling
9) Onnie

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 03:12 PM
And finally

10) Stalking a butterfly
11) 'helping' mommy study. I had a histology exam and I think he thought it was as boring as I did. lol ironically notice my inhaler on the desk. And yes, I am highlighter crazed. And yes, that is a powerpuff girl highlighter. And yes, I am in my last year of uni, lol.
12) What do u mean I need to get off?

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 03:38 PM
I love the one where she is stalking the butterfly..
she looks so soft and cuddly

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 03:42 PM
thanks breeze. He is very fluffy, my cotten ball :) lol, we are egyptian so we always say he feels like the finest egyptian cotten. He doesnt like to get brushed tho so always look kindy shaggy. but ya he is a he...lol. Is hazel a girly name in english? Or is cuz the member hazel is female? U see his name is actually arabic 'bundu'u' (hard to pronounce!!) for hazel-nut in arabic..because his eyes looked like beady little hazel nuts when he was little. Arabic is like french tho where objects can be m/f and hazel-nuts are male :) lol.

jiorji
November 23rd, 2007, 07:42 PM
my cats used to have the same reaction to my studying. Disrespectful!:frustrated: So i did what a good cat owner would do and i stopped studying to make my cats happy:D:laughing:

I missed pictures of your kitties!! more MORE!!!:cloud9:

ancientgirl
November 23rd, 2007, 08:28 PM
Looks like they had fun outside. The butterfly one is very cute. You should frame that one.

Rottielover
November 23rd, 2007, 10:09 PM
That cat looks like my tiggers twin

onster
November 23rd, 2007, 10:56 PM
jiorji, I missed seeing beautiful peanut too! I never did get that pic her dressed as a bride for halloween :P (ok u never promised, but onnie had his hopes up :p). I never really get any studying done, especialy with hazel who apparently has 'obessive compulsive chewing disorder' aka pica. "ooooh mommy that a new pencil? lets see wht it tastes like! ooooh lets chew ure cord...ooooh i wonder if i can remove the keys and eat them!!

ancientgirl Thanks ancientgirl, i really like that one too...Im kinda sad though cuz i have so many good pics of hazel but onnie not so much :sad:

rottielover ure kitty is so pretty!!! He looks kinda big (not fat :P) I wonder if hazel will get that big...he's still quite small compared to Onnie.

growler~GateKeeper
November 24th, 2007, 01:34 AM
Hazel's got such a great big fluffy tail :cloud9: :lovestruck:

good to see your babies again :thumbs up

mummummum
November 24th, 2007, 04:19 AM
Onster ~ I can't believe that Hazel is " all-grown-up" already...

But, can I ask you a question...which you may have been asked before...

Hazel is a woman's name...why is your he-kitty called Hazel?

chico2
November 24th, 2007, 09:27 AM
OMG,Hazel is beautiful,look at that tail:lovestruck:Onnie is beautiful too as only black kitties can be.
I thought Hazel was a girlkitty since it is a girlie name,but I don't think he cares too much:laughing:
Great pics of both of them:cat::cat:

onster
November 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
growler thanks growler, yup both my kitties have cool tails. Hazel's is a poof ball and Onnie I was told was half manx at the shelter cuz he has a 2/3 tail. I think that he's just a normal kitty with part of the tailess gene and isn't manx at all...but he does have a unique tail :)

mummummum I cant believe it either! lol I keep calculating how old he is ( I really dont know cuz the shelter said he was 3 months in April but when I took him to the vet in May for neuter they thought he was over 5months) so I say oh well he's only 10 months, he's still a baby :D I dont want him to hit the one year mark :sad:

Thanks chico, I love all ure kitties! I cant remember which is the black one? chico, rocky and vinnie are soooooo pretty! U just need an orange one to balance :p

Clarification on Hazel's name Hazel is a boy, we couldnt make up a name for him when we adopted him. He was 'baby' for 2 weeks..ie "Onnie, NOOooo don't sit on the baby!!!!" "baby, nooooooooooooo" mostly, lol..with the odd "eww baby smells". For his first vet appt he had no name. Then we decided we wanted an egyptian name...common ones are Mishmish (peach..but it was TOO comon), Bisbis (the sound they make to call kitties over) and Boosy (umm ya...no. basically egyptians that dont know english say B for P cuz we dont have that letter). In the end my mom decided on bundu', with a gutteral stop on the last sylable that no one can pronounce except arabs :P lol. Bundu' means hazel nut, which in arabic (like in french where u can have m/f things) is male...so really its a male name in arabic. But cuz its so hard to pronounce for the vet, english friends etc its Hazel. Mostly hes dundu' (again gutteral stop), doodee (even doodoo, LOL), dandoosa...

BUT he doesnt respond to his name whatsoever :wall::laughing: Maybe time for a name change? Suggestions??

onster
November 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
I think we were hungry when we named him or something, cuz my little brother wanted to call him Mango, LOL. mmmmm egyptian mangos ( THE BEST!)

Do u think he doesnt respond to his name cuz hes too busy being kitteny or maybe he doesnt like it? Onnie definately knows his name, even has a conversation with u "onnie" "meow" "onnie onnie" "meow meow" "onnnieee" "meeeewww" lol.

maybe hazel is a little dull

onster
November 24th, 2007, 10:15 AM
I don't know if posted this one before, but Onnie loves a good brushing- u cannot sweep in this house, he will come running and plop himself infront of the broom :D Funny pic I found while posting the camel pics :) "ya , that's good...a little to the left..oooh thats the spot" LOL

Frenchy
November 24th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Your backyard seem to be made for cats ! Looks real fun for them , and I can't see any snow ... lucky cats :D

onster
November 24th, 2007, 04:21 PM
Unfortunately not really, the fence has all these gaps that my previous kitty (RIP Ty) used to go under to go into other people's yards...I wish it was more secure so I could let them out for longer. As soon as they start exploring the gaps in the fence in we go.

The being too lazy to make the yard pretty works for them though...the unkempt look makes it more jungle-y :D

chico2
November 24th, 2007, 04:50 PM
Onster,thank's for the compliments on my 3,I've tried to convince hubby for us to get an orange kitty,I never had one,but it's a nooooo:sad:3 is more than enough..
I think Mango is a great name for Hazel,with his colour the same as mango-flesh,he probably does not answer to Hazel because he's a boy:laughing:
Hazel,Hazel who????There are no girl-kitties here:cat:

onster
November 24th, 2007, 05:03 PM
lol, but he's billingual... Nooooo, Laaaaaaaa (no in arabic) he understands it all :D Hence u know, he's ok with the name its like one of those names u can have for a boy or a girl..cant think of an english name like that off the top of my head but for example Noor (light) can be a boys name or girls name in arabic.

Who am I kidding he hates it :sad:. Mango was a strong contender because Onnie is named for Onyx..so we'll have a theme going...naming them after their colours. I think we didnt go with it cuz we couldnt think of pet names for mango. FOr onnie is noonie, noona, neeno, nanoosa... Mango kind of had as stumped. May be time to reconsider tho, I dont wanna take away his manhood :rolleyes: