Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Five months later...

bendyfoot
November 23rd, 2007, 12:54 PM
AND JAIDA'S STILL HAVING PROBLEMS WITH HER INCISIONS!!!!!:wall:

She's been licking/nipping at her chest in one spot for quite some time...I never could see or feel anything there, and after talking with other moms/dads of three-leggers I wrote it off as nerve "zaps" and regrowth. Well, about 2 weeks ago I found a brownish scab there. I soaked it off, did the ol' "wait and see"...well last night my comfort level with it was GONE, the scab was there but kinda oozy, and it felt puffy underneath, plus there was this weird hard "tube".

Well, after some local anaesthetic, some forceps, and some squirt bottles, and a VERY well-behaved and tolerant Jaida...we discovered that she had some proper skin growing under the scar, complete with 1.5" hairs (hence the "tube"). We THINK it might heal properly now, but there's about a 50-50 chance we may have to excise some skin and reposition it properly so this doesn't happen again.

To top it all off, the vet found a second lump at the top of her scar, which she drained, and a quick stain showed bacteria. We're hopping that the poking there will induce an immune response and she'll fight it off on her own, but if not, it may need some surgical intervention too.

SIIIIIGGGGHHHH.

Oh well, could be worse. She's otherwise lovely. And the world's best little patient, the techs kept marvelling over how tolerant and calm she was despite everything.

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2007, 01:07 PM
Oh no, thought she was all healed. Here are some :goodvibes: coming your way!

Lukka'sma
November 23rd, 2007, 02:11 PM
I hope things are going to be OK for Jaida

krdahmer
November 23rd, 2007, 04:06 PM
:pray:s & :goodvibes: that this heals soon!

mummummum
November 23rd, 2007, 09:09 PM
On the upside ? It's testament to the body's ability to heal and regenerate itself. Afterall, it could have NOT healed and the tissue could have become gangrenous right? But, let's hope the WHOLE thing scars over now.:fingerscr

Frenchy
November 23rd, 2007, 09:27 PM
Troubles for Jaida again ? :sad: Speedy recovery :fingerscr she has come so far !

hazelrunpack
November 23rd, 2007, 10:53 PM
Aw, Jaida honey! :fingerscr for a speedy recovery and healing :goodvibes: that you fight off that little infection quickly, too!

bendyfoot, you get some special :grouphug:s for being such an :angel: for Jaida. :D

growler~GateKeeper
November 24th, 2007, 01:41 AM
:goodvibes:&:fingerscr for quick healing & no more lumps & no more surgeries needed :goodvibes:

shredy
November 24th, 2007, 02:31 AM
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: for Jaida! Hope this all works out without any complications :fingerscr:fingerscr:goodvibes::goodvibes: