Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Convinced

breeze
November 22nd, 2007, 01:42 PM
I am convinced that with snow comes frozen ears so the dog can't hear me,

I am convinced that with snow comes frozen noses so that the dog can't smell cookies, only what is under the white stuff.

I am convinced that with snow comes total confustion as what their boundries are, for the white stuff covers the grass and the smell to show them NOT to go running into the parklots and possibly get hit by a car that does not give one hoot that they are there..

I am convinced that with snow comes upset tummies, for the dogs don't understand that they are not supose to eat ALL the white stuff they can find.

I am convinced that with snow that dogs are out of controll due to excitement.

I am convinced that with snow I will go prematurly grey due to my dog..
:laughing::D

back to basics

bendyfoot
November 22nd, 2007, 01:49 PM
:laughing:
OMG, Sooooooo true, at least for one of the girls.

Gracie's in the camp of "ew, this white stuff's getting my pretty paddy paws all wet and cold. I wanna come back inside and lay by the woodstove."

Jaida's into full-out-brains-out-the-window ZOOMIES over this snow. As soon as she touches it. So, it's zoomies on the porch, zoomies down the stairs, zoomies all over Gracie who's just trying to pee quickly so she can come back in, zoomies all over the lawn who's pristine white blanket is covered in paw prints in about two minutes flat.

She and I had about a 10 minute argument over "time to come inside"...I'm in work clothes and freezing my butt off and the car's running and finally warmed up...and she's waaaaaaaaaaay on the far side of the lawn, looking at me like "huh? what?"
"Come on let's go"
"huh?"
"let's go inside"
"huh?"
"Come on right now Jaida it's time to go inside"
"huh?"
"Jaida get your butt over here"
"huh?"
I finally stomp across the lawn in my friggin' heels getting my feet all wet and march her butt back in the house.
But...she's such a CUTE little naughty snow-loving brat...:lovestruck:

Ford Girl
November 22nd, 2007, 01:52 PM
I agree with you Breeze!

I am convinced Dazy would trade all her cookies for a snow ball.

I am convinced Dazy uses the snow as an excuse to dig down to the mushy black stuff underneth the white stuff.

I am convinced she would never admitt it even if she was cold.

Jack1337
November 22nd, 2007, 02:50 PM
~_~ man, stuff like this is why I hate these pets forums and other "family friendly" forums.
but hey, if you guys find this kinda stuff fun/funny or cool thats fine by me lol
Guess I'm just not used to this kinda stuff.

hazelrunpack
November 22nd, 2007, 03:08 PM
he he I take it that Bree really really likes the snow, breeze? :D

Our nudniks do, too--but so far we haven't had enough to send them over the edge since none of the snow has stuck. There was some on the deck this morning when we got up, but it blew away :shrug: sigh

Bummer...I like it when the nudniks get snow-crazy--I know at least they won't be tracking mud in! :thumbs up

Jack1337
November 22nd, 2007, 03:16 PM
If you don't like it, go to another forum.
Or at least refrain from bashing other people's threads. No one's bashing yours.

now, now, don't take it the hard way, this is a really awesome forum, I'll get used to this stuff, and hey, maybe I'll even grow to like it with time :)

chico2
November 22nd, 2007, 03:53 PM
Hazel"nudniks":laughing:that's adorable.
I cannot imagine 8 snowy,muddy dogs in my house:yell:I only have 12 muddy kitty-paws and have just about given up on cleaning floors:yell:

breeze
November 22nd, 2007, 04:08 PM
Jack1337
I see from your posts that you have a cat or cats..

I for one have a dog this is the way it is
hopfuly you will get to understand things and the way they work,
until then please please be careful of what you say..

breeze
November 22nd, 2007, 04:15 PM
he he I take it that Bree really really likes the snow, breeze? :D

I have hear and seen out of controll before but this is totaly out in a different galaxy :laughing::laughing:

her eyes are as wild as a lion caged up OMG and I thought I had her under control NOT

Ford Girl
November 22nd, 2007, 04:17 PM
~_~ man, stuff like this is why I hate these pets forums and other "family friendly" forums.
but hey, if you guys find this kinda stuff fun/funny or cool thats fine by me lol
Guess I'm just not used to this kinda stuff.

Phew, I'm really glad it's fine by you...

Why would you even bother posting to a thread if youhave nothing positive to add? I don't get it. :shrug:

Frenchy
November 22nd, 2007, 08:12 PM
I am convinced that with snow comes upset tummies, for the dogs don't understand that they are not supose to eat ALL the white stuff they can find.

Yep , here too , Nelly was running around with a big piece of ice outside earlier and even took it inside to eat it , more comfy on the carpet than in the snow :laughing:

Jack1337
November 22nd, 2007, 10:28 PM
sorry guys, I really didn't mean anything by it..I just post whatever comes to mind without thinking much, but I didn't mean to offend anyone.
With that said I'll try and refrain from doing that from now on, also, again, don't be mad at me, I didn't mean to offend anyone, far from it.

we're cool now, right? :)

Element~5
November 22nd, 2007, 10:41 PM
I am very convinced that I agree! I love watching my min pin jump through the snow when it gets really deep. I see him leap...then he's gone...then I see him again...then gone again! :D He loves the snow! Very cute/true post :)

white wrabbit
November 22nd, 2007, 10:49 PM
we havent really got our snow yet but i have started the training the wiping of the paws before she walks across the floor.. 3/4 of the time she waits now..

but i know she will have a ball!! she is all over her ice cube every morning. she loves to eat and play with it... (water left in water dish from day before)

Janie123
November 23rd, 2007, 02:16 AM
Hey! Come live in sunny Florida! There is no snow but Bonnie more then makes up for that when she brings me yucky stink bugs with an odor so foul Bonnie has to have a bath then I have to jump in the shower! :crazy::yuck::eek::frustrated::eeew::thankyou::shr ug::D

Love4himies
November 23rd, 2007, 06:24 AM
I love watching dogs in the snow, they seem to be soooo happy. As for my kitties, my senior hibernates and won't put a paw in the white stuff. I don't think Jasper knows what snow is, and he doesn't seem to mind the frosty mornings, so if the snow lasts for the weekend, we will see what he thinks of it.

Sweet Pea is not allowed outside at all until she is harnessed trained next spring.

joeysmama
November 23rd, 2007, 07:41 AM
Hey Jack. Keep in mind that the computer doesn't convey tone of voice I just went back and re-read your post imagining someone with a smiling face and a chuckle in his voice, which is how I think you meant it right.;) And you've been very friendly and apologetic so yeah--it's cool. Let's begin again.

breeze
November 23rd, 2007, 07:50 AM
Jack

it's cool,

tell us something that you are convinced about (I mean with your new kitten)
you may find that you are laughing right along with us :D

mummummum
November 23rd, 2007, 08:02 PM
I'm convinced that somewhere in Bridie's ancestry is Kangaroo... she does this BOING-BOING-BOING thing when she first gets out into the white stuff...

And then, of course, there's the mandatory happy-dance a la Declan...

chico2
November 24th, 2007, 07:27 AM
I can just picture her going "boing,boing,boing":laughing:

Stacer
November 24th, 2007, 11:18 AM
Jack, you sound as though you're a young guy. Keep in mind that many of the members here are mature ladies! :D